ANN 3227 - 20 cartography skill points

dst

I reached 20 cartography first and was the first to know where all are, but in fact I currently hold 26 cartography with 19 obelisks.

(MD Shop has boosters which can increase stats)

That's also why I told dst where the last one was because I was doing this for fun and had my goal after reaching 20 cartography anyways, especially since the announcement only requires you to have 20 cartography in order to receive the reward. (Good old MD style of questing if anyone remembers....)

Actually you didn't say it. I didn't believe the 20th existed until I saw it (it was a lucky shot to ask someone to tele me there).

As for you DD, former LHO who should have known better, you jumped to conclusions BEFORE hearing and analyzing the facts.

Oh and nice reply:

http://imgur.com/4GXw1ZL

Edited by dst

Boo. :P I was wondering if it literally was just 20 cartography skill too (I have lots of credits). I figured that the finding in "First one finding 20 (cartography 20), except people that have/had access to the A25 admin, contact me for a nice reward." meant that this wasn't a valid strategy, with (cartography 20) used to show that you'd (obviously) have cartography 20 after finding them.

Anyways, I was several hours late in starting, so I didn't even have a chance. :) Congrats, dst! I'm certainly liking all of these changes (even though the obelisks look kind of weird in some locations).

• Root Admin

so:

dst had 20 obelisks first

Shadowseeker had 20 cartography first (not 20 obelisks however)

Ary Endleg is the first one with 12

This challenge was a very useful way for me to test if something is wrong with the obelisks, if someone could somehow 'beat the system', and to see how hard it is to find them all....not that hard...not that fair either.

Credits are part of md, i didn't think about them when starting this, but its good to know skill points could in extreme situations be altered like this...this is a very useful information.

I have doubts about ways of access the last obelisk, but still, it was done.

I shall discuss rewards with each one, in-game.

Last obelisk could not be access by normal means (unless you had a bring in to summon february but even with that I still don't know if it would have worked).

Also, after both me and SS got pass february's ghost, DD removed the avatar covering the scene. Which I find it highly unfair.

Now, about shop skills: this has been done before: this is how me, No one and Eon got enough gardening skills to be able to get the buckets.

@Clock: by the time you posted on mood panel that you're after 13th, I already had 14.

Edited by dst

• Root Admin

umm dst..you passed february by using a bug..wasn't part of the plan..so what dd did was just normal. I thought at first he removed february's ghost for no reason, but i totally forgot about that bug.

Point is..if you are telling a story, tell the full story.

I told you the whole story but not on the forum since I do agree that how I pass it was not how it was meant to be. But that's not a bug. You hid the arrow but the action remained. So I call it an exploit (which I reported).

And don't take dd's side even if he's your pet. You said it yourself that the way to remove february is to bring him there or impersonate him. Both me and SS used our MD knowledge to bypass that obstacle. After we managed, he removed the avy for the rest. You find that fair? I don't.

I brought Aeo to the location where Aeo's ghost was, but Aeo's ghost still remained and was blocking the arrow even in Aeo's presence. Hence I thought it was a bug, and immediately removed both ghosts as soon as I saw this happening.

I had absolutely no idea who had passed the ghosts and who hadn't, at whatever times. I don't know a thing about this. I can swear to this.

Further edit: I'd spoken to Mur already a long time ago about having the ghosts removed since they just didn't suit the Labyrinth imo. They've been here for quite a while and were forgotten. Imo they weren't supposed to be part of this 'quest' (as obstacles) in any way.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I brought Aeo to the location where Aeo's ghost was, but Aeo's ghost still remained and was blocking the arrow even in Aeo's presence. Hence I thought it was a bug, and immediately removed both ghosts as soon as I saw this happening.

I had absolutely no idea who had passed the ghosts and who hadn't, at whatever times. I don't know a thing about this. I can swear to this.

Further edit: I'd spoken to Mur already a long time ago about having the ghosts removed since they just didn't suit the Labyrinth imo. They've been here for quite a while and were forgotten. Imo they weren't supposed to be part of this 'quest' (as obstacles) in any way.

I don't know what you have talked to Mur but this is what he said this morning:

[15/12/14 09:56] Muratus del Mur:you say one of the obelisk is unreachable? or so i understood 
[15/12/14 09:56] Muratus del Mur: (he, sry) 
[15/12/14 09:56] dst:february's avatar was blocking one of the arrows 
[15/12/14 09:56] Muratus del Mur:ahahhaha 
[15/12/14 09:56] dst:meaning it was right over the arrow 
[15/12/14 09:56] Muratus del Mur::)))) 
[15/12/14 09:56] Muratus del Mur:that was the point of it

@Mur: sent you  PM with an update about how we passed the avatar. It's DEFO not a bug. I dare to say it's not even an exploit.

I am clueless now too...

But you had the nerve to contradict me. And to jump to wrong  conclusions.

You thought it was a bug but you had no confirmation from the one who placed the ghosts in the first place. And you STILL took the decision to alter some scenes IN THE MIDDLE OF A QUEST! Nicely done dd!  That shows how mature and knowledgeable you are.GG!

I had the ability to fix it there and then, so I did. It was actually unfair to many other participants if I didn't remove them, because they were trapped even in Aeo's presence.

Edit: Now that I think of it more clearly, it wasn't a bug imo. It worked the way it was coded to work. But it was not coded the way it was intended. At least, this is my conclusion.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I had the ability to fix it there and then, so I did. It was actually unfair to many other participants if I didn't remove them, because they were trapped even in Aeo's presence.

Edit: Now that I think of it more clearly, it wasn't a bug imo. It worked the way it was coded to work. But it was not coded the way it was intended. At least, this is my conclusion.

And it wasn't unfair for me, No one and SS? Didn't you think that if we passed there must be a way? So you just decided: freebies for everyone since some idiots (meaning me and No one, SS is excluded :P) that I hate already passed so why bother? Besides you were happy I didn't win so screw the quest!

Like I said earlier, I had no idea who had passed and who hadn't. I came out of idle, saw this http://storenow.net/my/?f=3bb42a5216839012c56e19c1f1f157a9 , saw for myself whether it was true, and then removed them.

You are not complaining with any reasoning behind it, really. You'd already 'won' (if I recall correctly) by the time I came out of idle mode and seen the ghosts malfunctioning. So what unfairness are you speaking of? How could anyone else get the 'freebies' if you, and No one/SS for that matter, had already won?

Yes, if someone had ended up winning before you, due to my removing the ghosts, then you had a right to call it unfair. But as things went, I really don't see any basis behind your accusation.

Exactly, you removed it AFTER. And you modified a quest when it was not over. This is why you suck at quests: you have no idea how to handle them. And you took matters into your own hands. And you didn't test before (you never bothered to check if the ghosts are removed in the presence of the player although you are part of the "a25 project"). Or are you there only for the freebies and "reputation" and bragging ?

Exactly, you removed it AFTER. And you modified a quest when it was not over. This is why you suck at quests: you have no idea how to handle them. And you took matters into your own hands. And you didn't test before (you never bothered to check if the ghosts are removed in the presence of the player although you are part of the "a25 project"). Or are you there only for the freebies and "reputation" and bragging ?

It wasn't my quest, LOL, are people actually thinking that? :blink:

I had nothing to do with what the quest was about, Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me; I was literally away for the whole day when it happened. The ghosts were something Mur put before giving me the interface and hence I had nothing to do with them, except complain to him that they would create problems. (hey Mur, see now?)

I had a look in the syntax of the ghosts before I deleted them, and there was just a "give a notification" command there. So if -any- coding was done to the ghosts, it was all outside the A25 interface and it is nothing I am aware of. Please do not spread false information as to what exactly is part of the A25 project, if you are not aware of it.

Like I said earlier, the ghosts weren't part of the quest and should have been removed way earlier.

And now I won't speak more.

Edited by DARK DEMON