ANN 3227 - 20 cartography skill points

dst

I had nothing to do with what the quest was about, Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me;

O.o and what on earth gave you the right to modify it then???? What if I make a quest that looks "bugged" to you??? Will you interfere and fix it??? Are you INSANE???

It wasn't my quest, LOL, are people actually thinking that? :blink:

I had nothing to do with what the quest was about, Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me; I was literally away for the whole day when it happened. The ghosts were something Mur put before giving me the interface and hence I had nothing to do with them, except complain to him that they would create problems. (hey Mur, see now?)

I had a look in the syntax of the ghosts before I deleted them, and there was just a "give a notification" command there. So if -any- coding was done to the ghosts, it was all outside the A25 interface and it is nothing I am aware of. Please do not spread false information as to what exactly is part of the A25 project, if you are not aware of it.

Like I said earlier, the ghosts weren't part of the quest and should have been removed way earlier.

And now I won't speak more.

Ok, dst, have you actualy brought february there and tried to pass the ghost the right way? (asuming it worked the same way, like the other ghost I ran into)

I know I was trapped by Aeo's ghost with Aeo him self being there. 

If you just went and passed the non intended way, then there should be no reason for you complaining about fairness.

I have a distinct feeling you are just complaining to make drama (involving DD ofc). Please stop it. When I come to the forums I don't want to see these hate threads you make. 

Ok, dst, have you actualy brought february there and tried to pass the ghost the right way? (asuming it worked the same way, like the other ghost I ran into)

I know I was trapped by Aeo's ghost with Aeo him self being there. 

If you just went and passed the non intended way, then there should be no reason for you complaining about fairness.

I have a distinct feeling you are just complaining to make drama (involving DD ofc). Please stop it. When I come to the forums I don't want to see these hate threads you make. 

You always have the option NOT to read them. And just because you had no idea how to escape Aeo's avatar doesn't mean others were the same.

dd was given some powers and he used them in the worst possible way. He interfered in a quest which was not his because he THOUGHT there was a bug there. He wouldn't know a bug if he'd bite him. Yet he chose to mess with the quest because he wanted to brag about it. He should NEVER be given admin powers. He has no idea how to handle them and his attitude will make him do mistake after mistake. I don't want to reach the point where I cannot complete a quest/ create a quest/etc of fear that one noob like dd would ruin in.

Azrafar I was there when the Aeo's ghost trapped us. What did DD do in that manner? He simply role-played that he stabbed the ghost and poof he vanished. He never even looked into from what I could tell as he simply showed up and vanquished the ghost. I thought of this as strange but I figured that was his role or his duty in this quest. Now why are we bashing on dst No one and SS? They are resourceful people they were able to find a way to get past an obstacle that was in their way. A lot of this locations took some kind of planning and strategy so when this incident happen how where they suppose to know it was a "bug" right away they simply found away to get around the problem. DD simply need to admit his short fallings and dst is right in whatever way she maneuvered to win, there is nothing "unfair" about that. I am a fossil and MD has always said not everything is fair just deal with it yes its a game but it shows how real and unfair life can be so move on.

As for unfairness: what if one of the people that passed when there was no ghost had 19 points and I would have had 18 (19 with the obelisk behind ghosts)? That person would have won while I would have lost.

But it didn't happen that way. 

If you want to go into "what if"s then what would have happened if the ghost couldn't be passed when someone got february there? All those who are not as "resourceful" as you would be stuck at the last obelisk. Imagine players standing there, waiting for it to be fixed, to claim the final obelisk. DD may have acted too hastily, but I don't think it actualy damaged the quest. It could have but it didn't. I think we all can learn from this incident, but there is no need for the blame game.

A lot of this locations took some kind of planning and strategy so when this incident happen how where they suppose to know it was a "bug" right away they simply found away to get around the problem.

I didn't say they had to know it was a bug, but it was admittedly not the intended way how they passed. It still makes their complaints seem less valid.

I didn't say they had to know it was a bug, but it was admittedly not the intended way how they passed. It still makes their complaints seem less valid.

Yes and no. Technically, workarounds weren't mentioned to be specifically off limits. Whoever had the ability to go around using other methods, could do so, I guess. I don't find it fair, but there you have it. :p

(idk how to quote w.e.)

DD told me he was in charge of the Obelisks in the laby he should have known which issues could have arised.

Again MD has never been fair it has always sought for things to be done differently even if they were intended to do a different way. Again lets not bash on the fact that some people are smarter and more resourceful than others. Even Mur mentioned it that he was somewhat surprised and grateful to find out that there was different ways to acquire skill points and also to bypass the ghosts. After all isn't that was this was a trial run for some new feature which will be further developed down the road?

i must say i agree with most that dst says

Imo they weren't supposed to be part of this 'quest' (as obstacles) in any way.

in your oppinion? you were not the creator of this quest and therefore have no right to alter it. you were clueless so perhaps asking first would've been good. 

I removed them after seeing they weren't working the way they were apparently supposed to.
Edit: Now that I think of it more clearly, it wasn't a bug imo. It worked the way it was coded to work. But it was not coded the way it was intended. At least, this is my conclusion.

you didnt know their purpose but decided to remove them? even if they were bugged, there should have been a bugreport and you (should) know that. 

I had the ability to fix it there and then, so I did. It was actually unfair to many other participants if I didn't remove them, because they were trapped even in Aeo's presence.

what gave you the right to remove content? Even more if it was placed by Mur. just because you have access to that doesnt mean that you should use it...

questers could've waited untill you got a response, there are various ways to travel so if they were stuck they could've got out.

You are not complaining with any reasoning behind it, really. You'd already 'won' (if I recall correctly) by the time I came out of idle mode and seen the ghosts malfunctioning. So what unfairness are you speaking of? How could anyone else get the 'freebies' if you, and No one/SS for that matter, had already won?

any quest contestant should face the same difficulty in a quest, if it is a race or a continuous quest, otherwise it is unfair to the effort the past winners had to bring.

I had nothing to do with what the quest was about, Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me; I was literally away for the whole day when it happened. The ghosts were something Mur put before giving me the interface and hence I had nothing to do with them, except complain to him that they would create problems.

so you destroyed a quest by using admin tools on something you were ill informed about,a quest that wasnt even yours...

Edited by Sunfire

Again MD has never been fair it has always sought for things to be done differently even if they were intended to do a different way.

I accept that MD isn't fair, but dst who didn't play fair shouldn't complain about fairness. Also you say I should deal with the unfair nature of the game, fine, but then why shouldn't dst? She complained about fairness in the first place even when she won, becouse of "what if" reasoning.

I know it is a trial run, that is why I don't understand the (over)recation.

But it didn't happen that way. 

If you want to go into "what if"s then what would have happened if the ghost couldn't be passed when someone got february there? All those who are not as "resourceful" as you would be stuck at the last obelisk. Imagine players standing there, waiting for it to be fixed, to claim the final obelisk. DD may have acted too hastily, but I don't think it actualy damaged the quest. It could have but it didn't. I think we all can learn from this incident, but there is no need for the blame game.

There is a need for a blame game since the one screwing up is the one recently invested with powers and the one claiming he would never abuse powers or make mistakes.

I repeat:

He interfere with a quest which was not his by altering what was supposed to be the blocking stone of this quest. He didn't do it at the beginning but long after. From what I get the admin powers he got are very...powerful. I don't trust dd not to mess things up and then claim he:

- didn't know

- was a bug he thought to fix it

- is clueless

- lies

- does stuff only to brag and show off

I accept that MD isn't fair, but dst who didn't play fair shouldn't complain about fairness. Also you say I should deal with the unfair nature of the game, fine, but then why shouldn't dst? She complained about fairness in the first place even when she won, becouse of "what if" reasoning.

I know it is a trial run, that is why I don't understand the (over)recation.

DIDN'T PLAY FAIR? From what tree have you fallen? The way I passed (actually the way No one passed cause he dragged me) is NOT a bug. It's a thing ANYONE can do if they have the slightest knowledge of...internet browsing.

NOT a bug. It's a thing ANYONE can do if they have the slightest knowledge of...internet browsing.

Yes, not a bug, but you reported it as an EXPLOIT. And no, I think not everyone knows the trick you pulled. Don't classify it as common knowledge. 

Yes, not a bug, but you reported it as an EXPLOIT. And no, I think not everyone knows the trick you pulled. Don't classify it as common knowledge. 

I said "I dare to say it's not even an exploit". Read my update.

It IS common knowledge. You just don't know how to apply it. Is that my fault that you lack the connections? Or that you lack someone (like I have No one) to enlighten you?

• Root Admin

i gave the rewards to everyone. 

i think dst ruined the challenge in the first place, then dd ruined it more by trying to fix it. At least if dst managed to move mass the ghost, the others should have tried to pass it the way i intended it to, would have been more fun than just getting rid of that clickie.

next time i will try to make such quests more secure, to prevent you from ruining your fun, and mine.

topic can be closed