DD's awesome toy

DARK DEMON

dd was given some powers and he used them in the worst possible way. He interfered in a quest which was not his because he THOUGHT there was a bug there. He wouldn't know a bug if he'd bite him. Yet he chose to mess with the quest because he wanted to brag about it. He should NEVER be given admin powers. He has no idea how to handle them and his attitude will make him do mistake after mistake. I don't want to reach the point where I cannot complete a quest/ create a quest/etc of fear that one noob like dd would ruin in.

I actually do know how to handle them.

First of all I want to thank you for pointing out to me who exactly supports you without any doubt in your every whim, no matter how much you have fooled them to believe. Not sure (for the first time ever) whether it's actually your cunning manipulation of words that I should be impressed with, or people's lack of understanding themselves and instead choosing to go with everything you say. This was very helpful.

And yes, Mur indeed said that the ghost's purpose was to block the arrow. Even a 2 year old can figure that out. But what about the purpose in the quest? Did he ever say that the ghosts were meant and intended to be obstacles?

They were forgotten by both Mur and myself. I _chose_ the obelisks location in the Labyrinth as Junior said (however I didn't know that he was going to make a quest out of them of course). And if I had known that these ghosts would come in the way of the participants, I would have chosen a different location.

Lastly, I want to thank you for proving me correct to Mur that "the ghosts will be very troublesome" and hence should have been removed wat earlier :D

And now I request mods to please close the topic. Edited by DARK DEMON

As this is not closed yet ... I will respond

[spoiler]

I actually do know how to handle them.

First of all I want to thank you for pointing out to me who exactly supports you without any doubt in your every whim, no matter how much you have fooled them to believe. Not sure (for the first time ever) whether it's actually your cunning manipulation of words that I should be impressed with, or people's lack of understanding themselves and instead choosing to go with everything you say. This was very helpful.

And yes, Mur indeed said that the ghost's purpose was to block the arrow. Even a 2 year old can figure that out. But what about the purpose in the quest? Did he ever say that the ghosts were meant and intended to be obstacles?

They were forgotten by both Mur and myself. I _chose_ the obelisks location in the Labyrinth as Junior said (however I didn't know that he was going to make a quest out of them of course). And if I had known that these ghosts would come in the way of the participants, I would have chosen a different location.

Lastly, I want to thank you for proving me correct to Mur that "the ghosts will be very troublesome" and hence should have been removed wat earlier :D

And now I request mods to please close the topic.

[/spoiler]

Did you just ... answered for Mur ? Did you put words into his mouth ? (like Mur did / said ) Dude, watch your attitude ... again.

This is the second time you do things "for/instead of Mur".

[spoiler]

It wasn't my quest, LOL, are people actually thinking that? :blink:

I had nothing to do with what the quest was about, Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me; I was literally away for the whole day when it happened. The ghosts were something Mur put before giving me the interface and hence I had nothing to do with them, except complain to him that they would create problems. (hey Mur, see now?)

I had a look in the syntax of the ghosts before I deleted them, and there was just a "give a notification" command there. So if -any- coding was done to the ghosts, it was all outside the A25 interface and it is nothing I am aware of. Please do not spread false information as to what exactly is part of the A25 project, if you are not aware of it.

Like I said earlier, the ghosts weren't part of the quest and should have been removed way earlier.

And now I won't speak more.

This would be the first time.

[/spoiler]

This is the friendliest warning you'll get (at least from me).

So now you say that you knew about the purpose of the ghosts while in the other topic (I will link it later) you said you were clueless. Make up your mind!

+ the fact that you HAVE tampered with a quest that was NOT yours makes you highly unreliable. What guaranty do I have that if for example I create a quest using the new features, you'll not help your buddies (oh...wait...you don't have those cause everybody hates you) someone randomly for random reason just because you can or because you think my quest has a bug?

Will continue later cause not i need to run for work.

Ok you know what? I'll just stop here and say, YOU DON'T have any guarantee that I'll destroy your quest, just like I didn't have any guarantee that you won't destroy mine. That's what you wanted you hear right? ;)  ( [/sarcasm] before you start crying about this too)

Honestly, if Mur had found no logic behind my removing the ghosts, if he had found me a liar, if he thought I "abused my admin powers in the worst possible way", I would have suffered the third-last line of this announcement by now I suppose http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3205 .

My interface is being taken away in a few days any way since the task is almost complete, so you can start whooping with joy from now only and start the countdown (don't even try to hide the fact how much time you've spent monitoring me hoping I make a mistake) :D

You have absolutely no authority to dictate the extent I'm allowed to use my powers. You don't even know what all the interface can do, for that matter. You don't know how much I've told Mur that it would be huge risk to allow such power to people directly. You're concerned about Mur's quest more than himself for heaven's sake. The only reason you had that conversation with me in the other topic was because you wanted to create drama around me and hope to get rid of the admin powers, like Azrafar said, and not because you felt any unfairness in the quest (which you had already won by the time it was "tampered" with as you say).

You have no idea about what restrictions I've been given either, eg: I'm not allowed to edit anything outside the Labyrinth except one place, even though I technically can, and yet you still cry over something you have no idea of. You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful.

So please, stop talking about things you are not aware of. Mur doesn't hesitate to threaten bans to me, I assure you, so you have no need to worry about me "tampering" anything. Don't make up your own definitions of "tampering". You are increasingly becoming a disappointment rather than an actual challenge/test that people describe you as.

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

this is a good lesson to me to focus more on separating content edited by one or the other....

as a rule, people with scene editing access should not change things others place,,it is very annoying...

but i forgot to state such a rule...and i am not doing it yet, because i want to see how things will go like it is now..this will influence the type of tools i will continue or not continue to make.

As for you dst, stop trying to shift the blame. I am equally mad both on you and dd.

And dd, even if i forgot the ghosts there, don't make assumptions. It happens i forgot them at pillar 19 when i requested 20 to be found...think.

[spoiler]

Honestly, if Mur had found no logic behind my removing the ghosts, if he had found me a liar, if he thought I "abused my admin powers in the worst possible way", I would have suffered the third-last line of this announcement by now I suppose http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3205 .

You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful.

You are increasingly becoming a disappointment rather than an actual challenge/test that people describe you as.

[/spoiler]

Actually Mur didn't had to "had found no logic behind my removing the ghosts" because there is none. You have access to some admin tools and you grant yourself "godly powers".

[spoiler]Why ? You should "learn to read" and then read "Chewett".

Does he fix the Mur's ... stuff ? No. Because there are some rules for doing so. But then ... you know better.

[/spoiler]

And here you speak again for others (the 3rd time) :"You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful."

Did you consult with them for doing this change ?

And the last part : "You are increasingly becoming a disappointment rather than an actual challenge/test that people describe you as." ... You should look in the mirror.

You had admin tools for 1 month or less and you publicly miss-used them and on top of it, after Mur publicly ignoring your mistake, you used phases like "X said so" , "Y agrees" 3 times within just 1 day.

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

Ok you know what? I'll just stop here and say, YOU DON'T have any guarantee that I'll destroy your quest, just like I didn't have any guarantee that you won't destroy mine. That's what you wanted you hear right? ;)  ( [/sarcasm] before you start crying about this too)

My interface is being taken away in a few days any way since the task is almost complete, so you can start whooping with joy from now only and start the countdown (don't even try to hide the fact how much time you've spent monitoring me hoping I make a mistake) :D

You have absolutely no authority to dictate the extent I'm allowed to use my powers. You don't even know what all the interface can do, for that matter. You don't know how much I've told Mur that it would be huge risk to allow such power to people directly. You're concerned about Mur's quest more than himself for heaven's sake. The only reason you had that conversation with me in the other topic was because you wanted to create drama around me and hope to get rid of the admin powers, like Azrafar said, and not because you felt any unfairness in the quest (which you had already won by the time it was "tampered" with as you say).

You have no idea about what restrictions I've been given either, eg: I'm not allowed to edit anything outside the Labyrinth except one place, even though I technically can, and yet you still cry over something you have no idea of. You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful.

So please, stop talking about things you are not aware of. Mur doesn't hesitate to threaten bans to me, I assure you, so you have no need to worry about me "tampering" anything. Don't make up your own definitions of "tampering". You are increasingly becoming a disappointment rather than an actual challenge/test that people describe you as.

[/spoiler]

... And yes, Mur indeed said that the ghost's purpose was to block the arrow. Even a 2 year old can figure that out.

If Mur did that on purpose ... then why did you interfered ? "Even a 2 year old can figure that out." ??? and how do you compare yourself with the "2 year old" ?

... The ghosts were something Mur put before giving me the interface and hence

Then again you knew better and YOU OVER RULED MUR

... if -any- coding was done to the ghosts, it was all outside the A25 interface and it is nothing I am aware of.

And you are .... ? Who ? Why should Mur inform you about everything he does ? And if this was outside A25 ... then it was outside your scope. Again YOU OVER RULED MUR

if Mur had found ... I would have ...

... Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me...

... You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful....

... You're concerned about Mur's quest more than himself ...

I am astonished as how well Mur responds to you..

[/spoiler]

Edit: Darn, Mur posted just before me

------------------

@ Mur: why are you mad on Dst ? because I worked around that ghost ?

Then I am sorry and You should be mad on me.

But I am not sorry for trying to protect my PC and that your features just fell on bad side of ... (you know what dst said I used).

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Actually Mur didn't had to "had found no logic behind my removing the ghosts" because there is none. You have access to some admin tools and you grant yourself "godly powers".

[spoiler]Why ? You should "learn to read" and then read "Chewett".

Does he fix the Mur's ... stuff ? No. Because there are some rules for doing so. But then ... you know better.

[/spoiler]

And here you speak again for others (the 3rd time) :"You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful."

Did you consult with them for doing this change ?

And the last part : "You are increasingly becoming a disappointment rather than an actual challenge/test that people describe you as." ... You should look in the mirror.

You had admin tools for 1 month or less and you publicly miss-used them and on top of it, after Mur publicly ignoring your mistake, you used phases like "X said so" , "Y agrees" 3 times within just 1 day.

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

... And yes, Mur indeed said that the ghost's purpose was to block the arrow. Even a 2 year old can figure that out.

If Mur did that on purpose ... then why did you interfered ? "Even a 2 year old can figure that out." ??? and how do you compare yourself with the "2 year old" ?

... The ghosts were something Mur put before giving me the interface and hence

Then again you knew better and YOU OVER RULED MUR

... if -any- coding was done to the ghosts, it was all outside the A25 interface and it is nothing I am aware of.

And you are .... ? Who ? Why should Mur inform you about everything he does ? And if this was outside A25 ... then it was outside your scope. Again YOU OVER RULED MUR

if Mur had found ... I would have ...

... Mur didn't tell me anything about it either, it was a surprise for me...

... You indirectly insult Ailith and lashtal, clearly, by implying they are not watchful....

... You're concerned about Mur's quest more than himself ...

I am astonished as how well Mur responds to you..

[/spoiler]

I know what mistakes I've made and what I haven't, you or dst do not. I've apologized to Mur already. My only issue is dst escalating the issue and making people wrongly think of what happened and why I acted the way I did. And your this post is proof that you are equally determined to continue doing just that. All your focus is just on me and not on the unfair issue. Its obvious, because in the other topic dst just went on and on more about me and my incapability rather than the actual problem and its solution, without knowing anything really about what's allowed and what's not allowed.. I appreciate how much you are concerned about me and my attitude involving "speaking for others", but really, there is no need, because I know I haven't said anything wrong/false/lie.

As Mur said, I didn't break any rules, so do not make up your own rules to convince people that I broke something. Fine, now I know that I'm not supposed to do it, and now it won't happen again. End of story.

Edited by DARK DEMON

As Mur said, I didn't break any rules, so do not make up your own rules to convince people that I broke something. Fine, now I know that I'm not supposed to do it, and now it won't happen again. End of story.

Perfect for me.

Last 3 things :

1. You should apologize to "Ailith and lashtal" for using their name as "they agree with my actions" without consulting them.

2. You should apologize to me for the neg rep you gave me when I just showed your mistakes (nicely and kind I'd dare to say).

3. Last line of help : "When there is no work there is no mistake ..." (you should read "work" as "comments" ... you know what I mean You should keep the writing to a minimum so that there is less change of making mistakes / saying something wrong)

In the light of the #3, I will not wait for (nor want)  any reply.

@DD: So you do admit that you did wrong. THIS is what I wanted to highlight. You have admin powers and no idea how to use them. I shall keep an eye on you and every time you do something bad, I'll write on the forum.

@Mur: mad at me? Why? I didn't RUIN your quest. I took a different road than the one you have designed. SS took a different one than the one I took (so basically there were 2 more aside from yours). You accused me yesterday of lack of creativity. Right now I am not so sure about my creativity level being as low as I thought...

Perfect for me.

Last 3 things :

1. You should apologize to "Ailith and lashtal" for using their name as "they agree with my actions" without consulting them.

2. You should apologize to me for the neg rep you gave me when I just showed your mistakes (nicely and kind I'd dare to say).

3. Last line of help : "When there is no work there is no mistake ..." (you should read "work" as "comments" ... you know what I mean You should keep the writing to a minimum so that there is less change of making mistakes / saying something wrong)

In the light of the #3, I will not wait for (nor want)  any reply.

1) That's not what I meant, I wasn't trying to put any blame on them for supporting me or anything like that

2) Sorry, and thanks

3) Best thing I've read in a long time

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DD, the only reason I might feel insulted is if anyone actually thought I was emotionally affected by this bickering. Mur placed the ghosts. You moved them without consulting him. You didn't PM me. Might I suggest the next time you want to use powers to remove something that Mur placed that you actually ASK him before you do it. Same with anything else not placed by you.

@ Mur: why are you mad on Dst ? because I worked around that ghost ?

Then I am sorry and You should be mad on me.

But I am not sorry for trying to protect my PC and that your features just fell on bad side of ... (you know what dst said I used).

No one, I would like to know how exactly you "worked around" that ghost. What tools are you using to change things in MD, are they official or your own?

DD, the only reason I might feel insulted is if anyone actually thought I was emotionally affected by this bickering. Mur placed the ghosts. You moved them without consulting him. You didn't PM me. Might I suggest the next time you want to use powers to remove something that Mur placed that you actually ASK him before you do it. Same with anything else not placed by you.

Yes, I understood this and apologized. It will not happen again. I just didn't want people thinking I did it without reason (for bragging etc) and hence unfortunately had to take part in this bickering.

Edited by DARK DEMON

No one, I would like to know how exactly you "worked around" that ghost. What tools are you using to change things in MD, are they official or your own?

hmm

yes, it is an official one ( you probably use something similar )

no, it has nothing to do with MD (no relation what so ever)

yes, Mur has been told about this

no, I will not tell to other players ... yet (ask me in January)

by official he means he didnt code the tool but is using a publicly available thing. NOT to be confused with md official admin tools. (otherwise i would have exploded)

My concern with this is what exactly can be done in MD using this tool?

It has been used to change code in MD to affect the outcome of a quest. What other things does it provide access to?

Can it be used to access the accounts and subsequent personal information of others? Can it be used to cheat in other ways?

I would like to know if there is a way to make MD secure from this...

You told Lazarus that MD is your home.. why should it be so easy or accepted for burglars to get in?

@No one I hope you understand that this is not personal. I am simply concerned about the implications of this from a wider point of view.

My concern with this is what exactly can be done in MD using this tool?

It has been used to change code in MD to affect the outcome of a quest. What other things does it provide access to?

Can it be used to access the accounts and subsequent personal information of others? Can it be used to cheat in other ways?

I would like to know if there is a way to make MD secure from this...

You told Lazarus that MD is your home.. why should it be so easy or accepted for burglars to get in?

@No one I hope you understand that this is not personal. I am simply concerned about the implications of this from a wider point of view.

:D Let me put it like this : you use / are under influence of such software every time you open your PC.

And no, you cannot do all that, not with this software.

Also, I know what a bug / abuse is as I've investigated & reported my fair share. This ... is neither.

Or ... you can consider it as a concept bug but that doesn't count.

@Ailith: don't worry, it cannot be used to harm anything in MD (except maybe Mur's quest) but I will not tell more unless Mur sais I can or ... as I said January (when Mur and/or Chew has a chance to look at it). That's how a bug is handled anyway.

About "MD code" and making things "secure" ... I haven't had the urge to test it in a long time (you know ... the posibility of automatic ban, the reason of chew's & lib's many alts ... is it a hoax or not ?).

Feel free to explore if you want.