The Labyrinth 2 - Results

DARK DEMON

Congratulations to:

First place --- Asthir --- gets a wishpoint!

Second place --- AmberRune --- gets 3 gold!

Third place --- Azrafar --- gets 1 gold!

Thank you all for participating, hope you had fun! :)

And now for the judging criteria which was asked for at the start of the quest. Each participant was judged in a points system, out of 20. There were 3 categories:

1) The answer --- how close the participant was to finding out the correct coordinates, including evidence to support it --- max. 5 points

2) The explanation --- how well the participant explained their reasoning, both "physically" and "symbolically" --- max. 10 points

3) Impressiveness --- any participant that managed to greatly impress me in any way would score higher in this category --- max. 5 points

I will also be writing another post here with the correct answer+explanation later in the day because I am busy at the moment :P

Rewards will be distributed by Mur, but just in case if you are accidentally forgotten, please inform me asap. Thank you all again! It was a very interesting and enlightening experience for me, and hopefully for all of you too :)

Edited by DARK DEMON

Post the submissions as well.

No, because

1) They either contain huge spoilers

2) They contain info which the participants may not want revealed

3) They were long conversations with replies from me containing hints

Like I said, I will however, post my own "theory".

Edited by DARK DEMON

My first WP not connected to activity days or the BPG puzzle... :o

Grats on the quest. It went over a certain aspect of MD which is extremely encouraged. The Lab has this aspect encrypted in it, to some extent.

I'd like to see what others thought as well, but I guess I'll ask them instead to see if they're willing (edit: to share). :P

Also, thank you! Me happy... :D

Edited by Myth

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Well... you are free to do so, Myth, but I still think it would be wrong and maybe unfair to post them in public due to above stated reasons.

Edit: yes I can post the scores if the participants do not mind... :P 

Participants, please PM me whether or not you mind your scores being revealed. If more than 4 say "yes", then I will.

Edited by DARK DEMON

The score, yes. The content, no.

I will however, relay the answers I gave to whomever is curious about them, whether they already have a made up opinion on the matter and simply wish to compare thoughts, or they simply wish to delve in the spoiler zone. (if my answer could be considered a spoiler in any way, that is... to me, they're just thoughts, nothing confirmed)

Edited by Myth

Results! Finaly!  :))

My first gold coin, yey!

On the subject of transparency. It would be good to see the scores of all participants. Send the submissions to Mur but only if he has time to look at them.

If you are curious about my submission you can ask me to share it with you. Also I wait to see DD's theory.

How ever I am reluctant to share my submission with cretain people I see as biased. I just don't feel confortable being judged by them. So don't make them public if not necessary.

Edit: About posting scores. Would it be ok, to post the partial scores too? Like x (a,e,i)

Becasue "impressiveness" is subjective to some extent, and we can see who was closest to the answer and who had a good reasoning even if the answer was not that close.

Edited by Azrafar

I don't mind if scores are posted, go on DD or this will go on forever.

My submission:

[spoiler]

Sent 13 November 2014 - 10:04 AM
Hi DD,
tricky question about the center of the labyrinth...

A pragmatical solution would consider how many scenes do I have to cross in order to cross the entire labyrinth. Which is 26, hence either the 13th or the 14th could be considered the Labyrinth's centre (6_-3x-1_1 or 6_-4x0_1) .

A geometric solution would consider the edges of the labyrinth (6_-4x4_1; 6_4x4_1; 6_4x-5_1; 6_-4x-5_1) and calculate the middle point: the centre would be halfway between 6_0x0_1 (which doesn't exist) and 6_0x-1_1.

A symbolic solution - considering the Labyrinth as broken mirror - may conclude there's no center.
Interesting that both the previous solutions seem to confirm this version. In fact, in both cases the centre had to be halfway between 2 scenes.

So, my answer will be: there's no absolute center in the labyrinth. There are only subjective centers, based only on the perspective of those who cross the labyrinth.

Labyrinth could be a place where to dissolve one's Ego, a place where to forget absolute coordinates (symbolically: dogmas and conventions).[/spoiler]

Participants scores

Asthir --- 5+9+5 = 19

AmberRune --- 3+8+5 = 16

Azrafar --- 2+7+4 = 13

lashtal --- 2+6+2 = 10

Hiria --- 2+5+2 = 9

Eagle Eye --- 2+2+1 = 5

Soothing Sands --- 2+2+1 = 5

Lania --- 2+5+2 = 8

Rophs --- 4+3+1 = 8

Edited by DARK DEMON

Now this is interesting. How can submission be not valid? :huh:

She was disqualified. I am not allowed nor will go to details about Eara's case, it was and will remain private.

Believe me when I say that this is not a thing to ask and be answered to publicly.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I was asking generally, not specified to that case. Meaning you are able to answer it since it would normally include multiple possible scenarios which wouldn't reveal the nature of the specified case above. Unless of course there is just one way for submission to be invalid (which I doubt).

Nobody knows how many ways there are for a submission to be invalid, until someone actually submits them. Thus, for now I only know one, and this was the way Eara used. Like I had said in the start, this was a very open topic with no fixed explanation, and hence chances for something not being valid were very low in the first place.

If your question is answered, it will automatically reveal everything Eara did/submitted that got her disqualified, and we don't want someone trying to do that again in the future, do we?

Edited by DARK DEMON

Okay, fair enough explanation. I just think it would be better if you said at the beginning of quest what isn't allowed. I'm not familiar with the case, but I guess your current reasoning stands.

I didn't know that the way Eara used could exist or ever be possible. You get lots of unexpected stuff from these kinda quests, ya know :P

If it was a commonly known thing, I would have definitely stated that it is not allowed.

lol, Demon, you have obviously problems with your memory. What I used was NOT the part of my submission, I clearly stated that. And it is also not a part of the submission you wanted as a forum pm, but was a part of our ingame pm exchange. Shame that you mix it altogether. That was a thing for YOU, but YOU were the one who insisted that you give me "points" for that. Review the pms, please. And to avoid further discussions about this I withdraw my submission from this, disregarding the fact it is disqualified or not.

lol, Demon, you have obviously problems with your memory. What I used was NOT the part of my submission, I clearly stated that. And it is also not a part of the submission you wanted as a forum pm, but was a part of our ingame pm exchange. Shame that you mix it altogether. That was a thing for YOU, but YOU were the one who insisted that you give me "points" for that. Review the pms, please. And to avoid further discussions about this I withdraw my submission from this, disregarding the fact it is disqualified or not.

Chew talked about your submission being invalid, don't blame me for someone else's words.

I disqualified you for many reasons which I will not state here because you and I both don't want to remember it. Your actions deemed your submission invalid.