Please take time to read and share your ideas :)

Leixer

Hi guys

A while ago I saw an mp3 recruiting heretic archers, elementals and asking for advise whether what to sacrifice, also considering regeneration time for Value points regeneration I guess also for Vitality Energy (in terms of recruiting).

It's just that even if MD had changed so much, I can still remember those days that really hooked me, that feeling of excitement when every day I count the age of my creatures so I could upgrade them and other stuffs that makes me think only of MD, make me not sleep and even dream about it, I hope same with you guys.

When I saw that mp3 talking about which to sacrifice, which is a better creature, waiting for regeneration time, it really reminded me of the old days. Not just as an mp3, but also for mp4 and mp5. Damn I miss those days

We noticed that population for mp3 and mp4's very low especially mp3. And I am afraid that that mp3 who's so interested might just leave (hopefully not) the game due to lack of people in the same mp level to socialize with.

I have some ideas and I hope that people will help on developing this idea. Criticisms and advises are welcome (so we could see the flaws of the idea) but I wish them to constructive and with attached additional ideas on how to make the idea work with less flaw or better if it’s flawless.

1.       Creating of temporary NPCs (5-6) that won’t disappear after the fight immediately ONLY FOR MP3s (not for mp4s and mp5s). The purpose of having more than 1 additional NPC is its level of difficulty. The NPCs will be composed of normal creatures accessible for mp3 in No man’s Land and Marind Bell only. This way mp3 won’t be spoiled on being able to get creatures way ahead of time (LR and Necro). The reason for not disappearing Immediately is that there are wins and losses requirement for mp3 to advance to mp4, maybe there’s a possibility that the system would auto-trigger the disappearance of the NPCs when an mp3 reaches a certain amount of wins and losses let’s say once they reach 60 wins and 60 losses so that they won’t also be lazy thinking that “oh there are npcs to farm with”. Plus once they reach the 60 losses without reaching 60 wins, they can’t farm losses on npcs anymore, if they fight the npc and they lose, it won’t increase their lost fight or maybe limit the # of fights they can make with the additional npcs, maybe 120 fights for all the new npcs.

2.       Trading not allowed for MP3s except when they reach a certain amount of active days. Let’s say 365 days (this is in consideration that they are taking their time learning the game play as a whole in mp3). Reason for this is to not spoil the age requirements of creatures. And give them that spark or feeling of excitement of waiting for the right time.                                             For items, maybe trade is possible but with restriction, let’s say higher mp level players won’t give mp3s spells that are overpowered (are there any?) maybe stones that allows you to go to other places (restricted for mp3s except if they won contest or something similar) – more on community’s discipline

3.       Spells could be overpowered especially in mp3, even heal, just imagine without lifesteal in mp3, 100k heal is a lot. So maybe limit the heal to max ve of the mp3 if it’s targeted on an mp3 (2 and 3 maybe too much but I think this is necessary so that it won’t spoil the fun in learning in mp3).

4.       No tokens for mp3s but for those who have creatures already tokened in mp3, maybe there’s a possibility that they won’t appear or they won’t affect fights as mp3 and will appear again once they go to mp4.

5.       The 2% attack and defense boost in MD shop be inaccessible for mp3s only

6.       Heads Contest be reinstated but rename it something like “Rookie fighter of the month or learning in fighting etc…” award could be the same, or add some tags for the winners, this will be good if only reinstated for mp3s maybe also with mp4 since game play in mp4 is different compared to mp3. Reason is that, can you still remember that day when 5-10 attack stat really matters and the base stat of creatures also has a big impact in the fight? Especially now there are mp3 restrictions in for upgrading creatures. It just makes it more exciting not knowing who can win, coz with the upgrading restriction there will be a lot of ritual variations. Strategy and dedication (activeness) will really matter.

If you noticed I am more focused on mp3 development. Why? Because once this will be successful, slowly mp3 population will go up, none the less, they will go up to mp4 and mp5 J

These are also based on my personal feeling when I first played MD, things that really made me stay and not just play the game, but learn from it. it’s a little battle focused idea, because that’s me, I really love battling (only in game), I am not excluding role playing, even if there will be changes and restrictions, new players are still allowed to talk to higher mp level players, in the process learning how to role play will still be there.

We need ideas here, I am sure I missed a lot of things that could enhance the idea so please feel free to post what you think could help, that way if ever this will be considered and implemented. The negative effect on MD will be very minimal.

MP3's have no erolin device, hence cannot cast spells anyway :P

Also, MP3 is a stage where people want to advance asap. The fighting, upgrading, spell casting etc is all restricted. That's why most people don't stay MP3 for more than a month nowadays. Most of the "learning" takes place at MP4 (at MP3 you don't even have vics)

Lastly, shop already has requirements based on days, honor, loyalty, etc.

IMO, MP3 development would come from:

1) Bringing in more players (which can't be done yet, see this ---> http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16018-what-happened-to-magicduel/?p=159281)... because most of the learning-things in MP3 are fun when done together with other MP3's

2) Better tutorial (already in progress)

It will not come from making changes to the shop, spells, trading, etc.

The MP3's system was always intended to be active apparently (constant arrival of newcomers) but since it is not so... maybe we can indeed have a few NPC's?

Edited by DARK DEMON

1. Having a limited NPC amount was always an aspect that pushed more pvp, so that players wouldn't get an unrealistic idea about MD. If we had it tied to the amount of MP3's within NML, then maybe - Like if there's <5 MP3's then a few NPCs would become attackable for them at GoE/some other place (maybe they move around, idk). Having it linked that way also means that when hopefully MD gets busier again, we wont have to touch it because it just wouldn't be triggered anymore.

2. I've seen new players light up like christmas trees when they've been given stuff early on, I feel them being able to trade far outweighs the negative implications you state.

3. Some could be considered overpowered, but in terms of healing, I'm not sure about negative impact? (Also I take it you mean spells cast on them? Not ones they cast themselves)

4 & 5. Again, not seeing a defined reason for doing this?

6. We need more MP3s around first, and then can talk about HC, currently there's no point reinstating it - I believe it got stated if 5 people or more asked for it, it'd get done again as it'd then be worthwhile to do.

• Root Admin

But most wouldn't know anything how to go about it unless totally spoiled and dictated to :P

Not really, Its quite common knowledge FYI. And its even more common to mp3's spells, and tell them how to do it. I dont even think its considered a spoiler.

Not really, Its quite common knowledge FYI. And its even more common to mp3's spells, and tell them how to do it. I dont even think its considered a spoiler.

In the spells tab there is a small link called "More info". Guess what it says?

The Outer Circle
The outer circle consists of spells and special actions you can perform. Most of the actions come when you manage to get involved more with the game and get a role in it. Some actions are common actions like healing and cursing and some actions are realy special abilities like summoning dead armies or causing dreams. Spells in this circle can be cast from the chat by typing directly the spell word (you can configure them) or by using the special interface in case you are a role character. These spells consume heat to be activated.
Example casting: Heal my friends - Adi, Centozaur, Walk of Gru

So defo not spoilers!

But i guess the reason why dd was not made back lho after his prison release is pretty obvious now.

Edited by dst

I think more veterans having mp3 alts, helping and RPing with new players can be an alternative to NPCs.

I made an alt just to see the other outcomes of the tutorial, but I may play it regularly.

[spoiler]

But most wouldn't know anything how to go about it unless totally spoiled and dictated to :P

You were supposed to quit.

I think more veterans having mp3 alts, helping and RPing with new players can be an alternative to NPCs.

I made an alt just to see the other outcomes of the tutorial, but I may play it regularly.

[/spoiler]

My thought on the lack of MP3 or that they get discouraged in MP3 is that some RP with them instead of showing them what the game is all about. Like telling them to imagine painting when they are looking for something magic or just looking for battles.

And I agree with the NPCs because I did an alt a few months ago and it really took more then 1 month to gain those 100 wins/loses (considering the lack of MP3 players when I could be online).

Also, the "give vital" spell is :) vital for MP3 these days. I know that 8 years ago, when MD was flooded  with new players and it was ok to struggle with creatures with low VE, but now ? with just 1-2 occasional MP3s ... you have little time to interact and you need the help (VE).

4 & 5. Again, not seeing a defined reason for doing this?

4.       No tokens for mp3s but for those who have creatures already tokened in mp3, maybe there’s a possibility that they won’t appear or they won’t affect fights as mp3 and will appear again once they go to mp4.

5.       The 2% attack and defense boost in MD shop be inaccessible for mp3s only

4. Token take into consideration the principles. The principles are based on the amount of exp of the sacrificed creature. The creatures keep their exp (and tokens) when transfered.

MP3s that bought / buy "heated creatures" in theory should have a huge advantage over the others.

---- not tested / checked personally

5. If I remember well, it was said that the tokens should give 2 stat points or 2% whichever is the greater.

---- not tested/ checked personally

Anyway, not having access to those boosts ... indeed would limit the opportunities for one to get attracted to MD.

But it should not be able to get a shop reset in order to prevent one for becoming too powerful. (which in turn will demoralize the other players)

------------

I would like to add to the list that the MP3s should advance to MP4 automatically after 3-4 months. I hate the MP3 "noobs" with over 1 year active days.

I would like to add to the list that the MP3s should advance to MP4 automatically after 3-4 months. I hate the MP3 "noobs" with over 1 year active days.

Asthir seriously opposes that. There's a reason for his stagnation. :p (and I dare say he's quite helpful when there are other MP3s around :p)

Asthir seriously opposes that. There's a reason for his stagnation. :P (and I dare say he's quite helpful when there are other MP3s around :P)

It may be so and I admit he has the right to do that (even if I dislike him for encouraging this behavior).

And I even agree to his helpfulness (I did abused his defense when I managed to find him). So ... yes, he is a good (N)PC :P but not a good example for noobs (from my point of view).

-----------

For spammers:

All I did was to post an idea in a topic for ideas. If you have better ideas (as you did expressed yourself by voting) you should express those ideas or comments.

Otherwise your feedback is junk. That's the best you can do ? Junk ?