Top Spender Tickets

so far i am thinking that the obtaining of whatever it will be in exchange of a ticket to happen manually, via a person with a role. This will add the human decision factor to whatever will be decided when exchanging tickets, and also a nice flavor. Role position open :)

You need to find yourself the best possible tag and description, the one i like most will count the most. The next thing i will consider is the player history in the realm...how active he is, how much of a legend he is..so to speak.

Isn't this literally my tag?

Tag- Ghost of Fortune

Description- A Ghost said to have died with inconceivable wealth. Prove your worth and she may just impart some of that wealth upon you.

Tickets could count as a way of "proving your worth". Considering I was one of the only people to actually push for this to be implemented and then completed, js. (*Waits for the hate*)

Either way, a new tag could be:

Tag - Ticket Collector

Description - For some reason this person has a strange obsession with collecting tickets showing receipts of MD Shop purchases. Apparently they exchange amazing prizes for these types of tickets!

-------------------------

Also, perhaps a "personal request" could be given in for submission. If accepted then the tickets would be subtracted from the player. If they didn't have the valued tickets, or the request wasn't doable, the request could be denied?

True, though I'm not spending a ticket on an achievement. :)

Achievement: 'Wealthy Patron'

Possible Descriptions:

Show off your wealth by spending over 400 credits.

Make use of your financial contributions by spending more than 400 credits.

Reap the benefits of your generosity and spend the 400+ credits that you've accumulated.

I'm not sure of the second one since that implies that those who vote are excluded. (Getting 400 credits by voting would be an impressive feat).

True, though I'm not spending a ticket on an achievement. :)

Achievement: 'Wealthy Patron'

Possible Descriptions:

Show off your wealth by spending over 400 credits.

Make use of your financial contributions by spending more than 400 credits.

Reap the benefits of your generosity and spend the 400+ credits that you've accumulated.

I'm not sure of the second one since that implies that those who vote are excluded. (Getting 400 credits by voting would be an impressive feat).

I don't think "wealthy" should be included as it's quite a pretentious title. It's quite condescending to those that are unable to afford such luxuries - or perhaps I'm over thinking this?

If such an achievement was created, I think something along the lines of below would be appropriate:

'Contributor'

"Supported the running costs of MD through buying or earning of over $400."

However, I think the fact that you can get a 'Subscriber' medal (for paying $5-$50 a month), a 'Supporter' tag (by spending over $200 in total) and a spenders medal (by spending $1000+) gives plenty of 'achievements' for spending money already.

I would suggest some "visual prettiness" rewards :

Customise look/colours of a crit

Give some colour to a B/W crit without changing stats. Or recolour an exisiting coloured crit. Not exactly sure if this is possible in the current system

Special avatar colouring

We have goldening and Mur's avatar have bits of red. Maybe those with tickets could colour their avatar in the same style but in a different colour?

Unique equipment

Recently it came to my attention that while MD has some sort of "equipment system" with armors and weapon, there isn't many variety of things we can dress up our "combat avatar" with.

Unique equipment

Recently it came to my attention that while MD has some sort of "equipment system" with armors and weapon, there isn't many variety of things we can dress up our "combat avatar" with.

It would have to be purely cosmetic (Existing sets of armor with different art and a new name?)

Grido missed my point completely.

It's a problem for most players who fight and don't have enough slots. Many people don't fight in first place, then there are those who can spend lots of money for game or who have big veterancy so they already unlocked many slots with voting or quest credits. People who don't understand my argument in previous posts fall under this groups.

Why are slots problem for specific group of players?

Not counting unreleased creats there are like 50 types of creats according to CIDs. Player starts with 16 slots. There are 13 types of creats that are freely available for recruitment. 20 types overall that are easily obtainable. There are 20 slots per shop reset and you need to spend 30 or 35 creds in extra features specifically to get them which means 9 months of everyday voting (could be more), also opening up directly in features isn't the optimal start for combatants, best is to buy flat perma boosters first for 10 creds then get but in long run not buying creds forces you to go straight for slots because slots limit you in long run way more.

Player needs like 20 slots for specific creats in order to competitively do combat (to cover all most used ritual types/uses), cca 30 (plus minus 10 depending on time and effort planned to invest) more for growth of combat potential (grinding) from saccing.

By all this it's obvious that most of players can't be both competitive fighters and creature collectors at same time. Player with 16 slots can't even collect all of colorless creats. His combat effectiveness is zero if he has 1 creature of each type. He's very likely forced to beg for wins/heat.

Lets say a newb is around and gets lucky to win anni10 aramor. If he's really into combat and wants to become beast that means that creature will take up 1 of his 16 precious slots and won't provide anything useful for him in combat. This will hinder his growth amount drastically. This would result in big dilemma, either desperately sell creat and get something useful instead or keep it and be grind with hindered potential. One slot clogged up means 80k ve a year. When you have 16 slots, just how many can you afford for tree saccs? Barely any, which means he is probably hindered by 50% of his ve growth. On other hand if he goes sell it, he's facing likely issue of selling it for less than it's value and another problem is that anniversaries have fix amount of them issued. Meaning in future it's going to be more and more impossible to get it again.

In short. Creats being collectibles are problem because they take combat creat space and don't help you in combat, because of this they actually hurt you (if you fall under that specific player group who wants to be both collector and competative fighter but have less than 55 slots and are broke to donate).

Lastly, you can say that it's not a technically issue adding more creatures, especially not like those, yet 2 of those still lack their top two levels after 2 years. Meaning it doesn't matter if it's problem or not to do them, what matters is if it's priority to actually take time to do it. Obviously it wasn't.

I just don't understand why exclusive collectible creatures, from my point of view they come with downsides. On other hand if you put exclusive collectible items instead, they would still have all the benefit of such creatures and no downsides.

Combat wasn't touched in last 5 years, we keep getting told that stuff will be done to it after other priorities are solved but I don't think anything will happen. Devs will probably get insulted a lot now, but I actually expect that combat will ultimately share same fate with chapter 3. However, I'm glad what's happening with items at the moment so please keep working on that.

Those are my arguments why I think exclusive collectible creats are bad, thanks for reading.

• Root Admin

Combat wasn't touched in last 5 years, we keep getting told that stuff will be done to it after other priorities are solved but I don't think anything will happen. Devs will probably get insulted a lot now, but I actually expect that combat will ultimately share same fate with chapter 3. However, I'm glad what's happening with items at the moment so please keep working on that.

Those are my arguments why I think exclusive collectible creats are bad, thanks for reading.

Im working on combat right now as a note :) Im not sure if this got announced but its been discussed in chat quite a bit at GoE

Grido missed my point completely.

It's a problem for most players who fight and don't have enough slots. Many people don't fight in first place, then there are those who can spend lots of money for game or who have big veterancy so they already unlocked many slots with voting or quest credits. People who don't understand my argument in previous posts fall under this groups.

Umm...so your argument is? The creatures are going to players that have spent that money and will most likely have bought a load of creature slots? No one is forcing a creature on you, like you make it sound?

You also only talk about voting? Why? I think only about $10 of mine came from voting tbh... But either way, seeing as you need $400 to get any tickets...I'm pretty sure you would have enough to buy a few extra creature slots. No?

Now, as for your preaching on the 'sins of collecting', if you understood anything then you would understand that are those collectors that keep the economy going. They pay you for the creature they want, you then get coins (and get rid of a "rubbish creature" like Anni Imps) and then you can spend those coins to buy yourself a nice little OP creature to wipe everything out in one hit with no skill needed. It's a win/win. You're effectively "clearing up" the "useless collectables" by giving them to people who are going to keep them for themselves. Though again...how does what another person collect bother or have an effect on you? We aren't forcing you to have a load of creatures you don't want, we're actually taking them from you and giving you more room for the ones you do!

Now, to say you can't be a collector AND a fighter? Well I'm pretty sure Chew would disagree, he collects...and have you tried fighting him? Good luck.  :))

Have you not thought that people may like the art works? Quite a lot of collectors have one creature for each level of that creature. So three aramors, three pimps, etc. I mean....who are you to say what is and isn't worth collecting when everyone has different tastes? Just because it's useless to you, doesn't mean the same to others.

I honestly don't get what you're scared about though? Unfinished work? Server speed? What?

If people want to collect something, then that's up to them - not you.

Honestly...

P.s Even more reason for it to be a "collectable" creature (not so much one to be used in fighting):

I want ticket holders to receive something beautiful, exclusive, but not something that will give them more power or unbalance the realm.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

Umm...so your argument is? The creatures are going to players that have spent that money and will most likely have bought a load of creature slots? No one is forcing a creature on you, like you make it sound?

So that same creature obtained by that player can't be given as quest reward by them?

You also only talk about voting? Why? I think only about $10 of mine came from voting tbh... But either way, seeing as you need $400 to get any tickets...I'm pretty sure you would have enough to buy a few extra creature slots. No?

Because donators aren't part of the group that comes with that issue, they don't have this problem because they are donors. That's why I talk only about voting. Moreover this wasn't just about creatures from THIS shop but about this types of creatures in general. I don't have anything against unreleased creats to show up in there, but creature such as anniversary is bad thing in my opinion.

Now, as for your preaching on the 'sins of collecting', if you understood anything then you would understand that are those collectors that keep the economy going. They pay you for the creature they want, you then get coins (and get rid of a "rubbish creature" like Anni Imps) and then you can spend those coins to buy yourself a nice little OP creature to wipe everything out in one hit with no skill needed. It's a win/win. You're effectively "clearing up" the "useless collectables" by giving them to people who are going to keep them for themselves. Though again...how does what another person collect bother or have an effect on you? We aren't forcing you to have a load of creatures you don't want, we're actually taking them from you and giving you more room for the ones you do!

Now, to say you can't be a collector AND a fighter? Well I'm pretty sure Chew would disagree, he collects...and have you tried fighting him? Good luck.  :))

Have you not thought that people may like the art works? Quite a lot of collectors have one creature for each level of that creature. So three aramors, three pimps, etc. I mean....who are you to say what is and isn't worth collecting when everyone has different tastes? Just because it's useless to you, doesn't mean the same to others.

This shows you either didn't fully read my post or didn't properly try to understand my point of view.

I honestly don't get what you're scared about though? Unfinished work? Server speed? What?

I explained, but you don't seem to care.

If people want to collect something, then that's up to them - not you.

That's insulting. I want to collect creats and be a fighter, yet I only have 16 slots. I want to have each level of each creature too, but where the heck do I put them? Sorry that I ain't lucky as you to be able to spend money on game, but what ever.

I explained, but you don't seem to care.

Because I don't. The point you're trying to make that they "clog" things up is ridiculous. Who are you to decide who they "clog" things up for?

That's insulting. I want to collect creats and be a fighter, yet I only have 16 slots. I want to have each level of each creature too, but where the heck do I put them? Sorry that I ain't lucky as you to be able to spend money on game, but what ever.

It's not insulting at all? Not even sure how you took that as an insult? You can quite easily sit there each day clicking the free credits links, so please don't be ignorant about this. With the new free credits amount it takes less than a week to get the required amount to convert. You could get 0.31 a day or 2.17 a week. So let's do the maths - 52*2.17=113 in one year (and one day- just to be picky) So, considering that creature slots are on the first page, you could easily get 20 slots a year, with extra left over! YIPEEE! With $113 and obviously caring so much about creature slots, you could get 60 creature slots with three shop resets. AGAIN having credits to spare, just by clicking some sites each day!

So, with that said...what were you complaining about again?

(y)So that same creature obtained by that player can't be given as quest reward by them?

(x) Because donators aren't part of the group that comes with that issue, they don't have this problem because they are donors. That's why I talk only about voting. Moreover this wasn't just about creatures from THIS shop but about this types of creatures in general. I don't have anything against unreleased creats to show up in there, but creature such as anniversary is bad thing in my opinion.

Here, you're contradicting your second statement (x) with your first (y). Saying you aren't part of the group that "comes with that issue"...yet you still think you'll be part of the crowd that might possibly earn or buy one from another player? Erm...? Am I missing a different issue? Or are you still saying you won't have room for a useless creature that just clogs up your spaces? If so: Read above this quote - explains how you can get more spaces for free! :)

Can you split this out of this thread please this is off topic and should be discussed elsewhere. However my view on the matter if they don't have enough slots is either option:

A) Sell it

B) Ask a protector/somebody with heat to Totem it.

Since these people are apparently seriously into combat they wont care about the armour and will get a large amount of cash. Also option B is rather easy to do since protectors have heat to spare and are MP6 for the reason of helping others.

I am not saying this is an end all I'm just saying if you have a problem with that you have options.

Edited by Kamisha

• Root Admin

i am thinking about the exclusive crit. Afterall the slots should not be an issue for those that have the spender ticket

maybe a pimped version of more crit types ...

anyway ... i want to finish the tag dispatchers and the creature totemizing before this..somehow i think it might be related in the end, not sure how.

i have more ideas ..but i am too tired and focused on something else to describe now...

and UPDATE:

sasha's role fits great with this, i grant the  role to her...it great to be able to give the role based on an existing tag rather than a new one :) nice

CONGRTULATIONS!

• Root Admin

if it will be a creature it will not be one that offers any other advantage other than being a collectible crit, maybe a pimped version of an existing. I want to give something rare, exclussive, but whatever this will be it can't further increase their influence on other players, so no overpowered crits..just awesome looking ones.

I quite like the idea of all colourless creatures having a "pimped" version. 

Current coloureless creatures:

Elementals

Water Beings

Winderwilds

Unholy Popes

Angiens

Toxicodendrites

Shades (Probably best not to modify these though?)

Mutated Drachorns

Questions is: Should you have the creature already or should it be a creature you're given?

Alternatively (or as well as), you could provide alternative colour styles to already existing creatures? For example, the Nutcracker as remained the same for years now, it would be quite nice to have a collection of colours available. But that's only in my own opinion.

I would like to voice my opinion against anymore "pimped" creatures, I believe they aren't creative, unique and really just diminishes the beauty of the original. I personally have always hated the pimp grashan as it in my view mocks it and just makes it look ugly. Thats just my opinion.

I would like to voice my opinion against anymore "pimped" creatures, I believe they aren't creative, unique and really just diminishes the beauty of the original. I personally have always hated the pimp grashan as it in my view mocks it and just makes it look ugly. Thats just my opinion.

Do you mean the looks of Pimped Grasans? Or coloured creatures in general? As the word "pimp" just means to make something more impressive for show - so all coloured creatures are Pimped (Just without the added name.)

Edit: Also, this purely comes down to personal taste;  You may dislike the looks of a "pimped" creature whilst another might really like them. This is why multiple rewards will be available - to try and satisfy as many as possible. :)

Edited by Sasha Lilias