Top Spender Tickets

• Root Admin

I awarded everyone with over 400 spent credits, a ticket for each 200 credits increment.

This ended up to be a very large number of tickets, but many of them are on accounts long gone.

I would like to hear your opinion about this, and how you would like to  see these tickets used in the future.

My current ideas about them are :

- make a unique premium creature available exclusively for these tickets

- make a series of role items to be picked from (not tools)

- powerup/change an existing crit for one ticket (based on upcoming new feature)

Making usable items for a ticket is no longer an option as this might affect the realm way too much.

I want ticket holders to receive something beautiful, exclusive, but not something that will give them more power or unbalance the realm.

You suggestions are welcome.

I believe your suggestions are solid and sound proof to your notion of preventing overpowering someone or unbalancing the system in any way. I as always will be fascinated to trade my tickets in to complete my collection. Also looking forward to the new feature. One thing i would like to say is making a unique item would be great for RP even if it is a tool, however on the condition that the individual knows it will never be functional and serves RP purposes only. 

As I discussed with you, I personally feel that a creature could be a good idea. Though there will be many that will shout about unfairness to a creature available to those with the money.

To prevent these creatures from being over powered though, I feel that they should be required to "eat" a ticket to advance to the next level. This would be on top of the normal requirements, though I'd suggest removing the MP level requirement and replace with the ST (Spenders Ticket) requirement.

These creatures could also have a "MTC" so that they do not return to stage 1 when traded, as very few people will have the ST's required.

As a different idea, conversion to a WP seems fair to me. You currently have WP--> Credit so why not swap that around and allow those that have the right amount of tickets convert them into a WP? Seems logical.

You could do all sorts of things with them, though I suggest that some ideas be more expensive than others:

Reward - Number of ST's

• 30% Perma VE Increase - 1
  • WP Conversion - 2
  • GG Mutation - 3
  • Undeniable answer - 3
  • Super Rare Creature - 4
  • Custom made item (no parts required) - 5
  • Custom made item (usable function, parts required) - 6
  • Custom made item (usable function) - 7
  • New Role Tag - 7

These are just brief ideas. There's plenty of room for all sorts of interesting ideas.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

No wishpoints. As for tags, I'd say limit them to financial titles. Also, in general, make things cheaper but in limited quantity. For example, 1 role tag for 1 ticket with a maximum of 1 tag per player. This restricts the number of said items/creatures in the realm while allowing the most number of people to buy such items/creatures.

What I'd be really interested in is 'custom', non-functional, roleplay items. Now, to prevent them from being too close to custom wishpoint items, I'd say do it like this:

• Allow the user to select an item out of all roleplay shop items.
  • Allow the user to tweak the description as long as the general meaning is kept the same.
  • Categorize the item as rare.
  • Perhaps allow slight personalization of the item name.
  • Price: 1-2 tickets each (unlimited as it's just an 'enhanced' shop item).

If people ever want to combine the above items with other shop roleplay items, treat them as the original shop items, but make the resulting item also be classified as 'rare' and allow similar tweaks as above. This way, there's motivation to buy such items but the items will give nothing that can't be gotten from the roleplay shop. It's just it'll let you to be more nitpicky about certain wordings that you might not like.

I like your idea change but why not be able to convert a ticket or tickets into a wp(s). Some people may not want a creature or an item made. If you were able to turn them into wp (s) then I would say 2 tickets for 1 wp. Or something to that effect.

Ok well since you put it that way I can understand that. With the creature part what could be done. Like can you have your own specific creature made or just be able to persay mutate a already rare creature into a more rare creature, or would you be able to make your own but by useing creatures that already exists.

What about the idea of spending tickets for special "work" the spender(s) like to see finished - its payed work in the end ;).

I´d like to give an example for that:

unfinished creatures

Let´s say you consider the work which is needed to complete something unfinished or forgotten, let us know how many tickets its worth and those who came up with the idea can decide if they want to spend combined tickets on it. And again as an example I would like to use an unfinished creature. Lets say 5 active player are owing this creature. They could spend each a ticket for the work.

I took this example because you mentioned creatures, there is much more "unfinished" which people would like to see finished and which represents on the other hand only some forgotten but worthy nostalgic things in MD.

Rare creatures, indeed.

There's no unfairness, Sasha, as it doesn't matter where the spent credits come from. The only thing one might complain about is the amount of time it would take to get to the 400 required credits, which would be a rather pointless complaint, if you ask me... eventually, everyone would have the creature. "When" isn't all thet important.

As for another idea, the only thing I can think of at this time (something I haven't seen anywhere, yet) is a major overall stat boost.

I wouldn't go as far as making a completely new creature available to top spenders...

We have already several rare/un-released creatures many people would be interested into.

Aside from rare creatures, other options could be:

- RP items, 

- Creature power-up / merging,

- Spells (regenerable casts),

- Answers to specific questions (one per ticket).

I'd personally say no to Wish points and tags...

I was not aware I spent that much but I am not going to argue. Any ways the first thing I want to start off saying is that turning spent credits into wish points should be a no go since wish points main intention was to have a separate currency that could allow people to hopefully play there role better. Also wish points are very valuable and although that would make my character very spell happy I feel it would devalue the importance of wish points and the quests available. However I could see them as being traded in to grant the user the ability to give a wish point for a quest. It would allow larger rewards without the need for sponsors so we may see some new interesting quests in the realm which is something I most vets are trying to promote.

Moving on with spent credits it may be valuable that I think mur is trying to make this a more automated process which would allow him to be outside the loop for some of the trades. Instead of him asking what do you want and you making a trade manually I think it is going to look more like one of the shops. If im correct on that fact it maybe a good idea to rule out things like gold avatars that was presented last time since that take a large amount of manual labour (although I like the conscience of the golden tickets making golden avatars). Although I do want to be rewarded in some way I find it hard to think of things that may not be unbalanced or deemed unfair.

Personally I don't feel that I spend enough time in the realm to actually make possible game changing decisions so as for any additional suggestions other than what I have already said I am going to hold my tongue.

I wanted to make a separate topic about such issue in near future but I can say main points in here.

Rare creats or unreleased creats sounds fine and fair by me, but new exclusive creats hell no. No matter how underpowered or just collectible they are. It's stupid to waste time implementing such exclusive content that serves no purpose other than flashing something shiny to other players. You can do that much easier with items or medals or achievements.

Something that bugs me a lot are all those crap creatures out there currently that do nothing but look nice. I'm mainly speaking about Anni aramors. They add nothing to combat system they just plague it because they are cloned creats with color and a bit higher max ve. They are collectibles and that's it. Such practice should be discontinued, but I know that Mur loves the idea of them so he won't stop pumping them out.

Offering unreleased creats is VERY good idea. Because that will eventually put more of those into circulation and would force development on them eventually. Especially if they get some new ability that's broken. It would force tuning that creat or even larger parts of combat. Which is very good and very needed. Lastly we would finally get get truly new creat that will spice things up a bit rather than keep getting exclusive clone versions.

• Root Admin

I was not aware I spent that much but I am not going to argue. Any ways the first thing I want to start off saying is that turning spent credits into wish points should be a no go since wish points main intention was to have a separate currency that could allow people to hopefully play there role better. Also wish points are very valuable and although that would make my character very spell happy I feel it would devalue the importance of wish points and the quests available. However I could see them as being traded in to grant the user the ability to give a wish point for a quest. It would allow larger rewards without the need for sponsors so we may see some new interesting quests in the realm which is something I most vets are trying to promote.

WP's shouldnt be hard to get for your or any quest, just ask TK, or me. No one seems to do this though so... They arnt given out...

Something that bugs me a lot are all those crap creatures out there currently that do nothing but look nice. I'm mainly speaking about Anni aramors. They add nothing to combat system they just plague it because they are cloned creats with color and a bit higher max ve. They are collectibles and that's it. Such practice should be discontinued, but I know that Mur loves the idea of them so he won't stop pumping them out.

Why do you care so much about these collectables? They are just that. Why should they be discontinued? I dont see any reason... I really like them, they look cool.

Because they don't add anything meaningful to combat. They just "clog it up".

Clog what up?

Creature/sac page - don't get them

Combat interface - not sure how it would clog, a crit is a crit after all

Server space - fairly sure this isn't a concern

Some people love the idea of collecting pretty creatures (I do, but not if they're too expensive so I'll likely purchase roleplay items if available). Personally, I would have preferred that tokens were made non-functional and merely 'pretty'. I actually would have bought them more if they were non-functional. Now, I'd rather not buy them. That's a personal preference however.

Some people don't even do combat and like collecting special creatures.

Edited by Change

• Root Admin

Clog what up?

Creature/sac page - don't get them

Combat interface - not sure how it would clog, a crit is a crit after all

Server space - fairly sure this isn't a concern

I would further question what is being clogged up, There is no technical issue with adding more creatures.

• Root Admin

of course no wp for tickets

i will also try not to be things available in the wp shop

collectible crits will be more often actually, collecting stuff is part of md. Obaining an extinct crit or one that became unique even through an error, even if it is a clone of an other crit, its something collectible, and like stamps, valuable. Rarity gives value, variation gives rarity.

There will be exclusive things, this offers a certain market advantage for people having them, the items themselves won't remain on those people, they will slowly migrate to others too, through gifts and trading. Making them exclusive to tickets but not overpowered, will make them also safe if used just by a few people, but also cool to have if they reach people that can't get them directly.

Tags, no. tags imply also functionality.

I will keep reading what you suggest and when i will be able to work on this (me or chew) , the changes/updates will be announced, ofc.

important:

so far i am thinking that the obtaining of whatever it will be in exchange of a ticket to happen manually, via a person with a role. This will add the human decision factor to whatever will be decided when exchanging tickets, and also a nice flavor. Role position open :) 

You need to find yourself the best possible tag and description, the one i like most will count the most. The next thing i will consider is the player history in the realm...how active he is, how much of a legend he is..so to speak.