Marker based Teleport (new spell)

Miq

I got an idea of a spell that would work like this 

1) You cast "spellwords location_coordinates" and this will set an marker to the set location until casted again or spells reset. 

You have to be present at the location

2) You cast "spellwords playername|self" and you are teleported to the marker.

all casts take one castpoint so at level1 you get max 3 teleports.

I would name the spell "find my cow" 

The point being that a person can, if he plans is actions, get back or out of sticky situations.

Miq

Those two spells (mark and teleport to mark aka recall) are present in Elder scrolls games, btw.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mark

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Recall

Seems pretty sensible. Can be somewhere deep in the WP shop?

Although there might be a tad too much teleport spells around.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

i had this idea for a very long time, the reason i had for not suggesting it was beacuse teleport spells are very powerful, and being able to have a spell that has a changeable destination would be too much, and would likely become a way to jump into the east really quickly, of which we currently have no (to my knowledge) teleport or sendto spells taking us to

i had this idea for a very long time, the reason i had for not suggesting it was beacuse teleport spells are very powerful, and being able to have a spell that has a changeable destination would be too much, and would likely become a way to jump into the east really quickly, of which we currently have no (to my knowledge) teleport or sendto spells taking us to

sendtodeathwhisper?

Even if I like Miq's idea on having a method to return to a certain place, I agree with Chewett on this:

No, teleporting spells are bad and we are not looking to increase their number.

Also, teleport spells ... I don't get them, it is easy to travel to most places and there are lots of AP boosts to help you get where ever you want. Not to mention the cartography skill (about 18 easy ones to pick) combined with the low level of viscosity (maxed at 20 instead of 40).

True, I am lazy myself (most of the times) but still, the means to travel already exist and it is quite easy.

-------------

Now, back on topic.

As I said, I find the idea quite nice.

If the "return" spell would be implemented, I'd like it to be something like  1 use / day (reset at midnight) or expired in about 3 hours , max 3 or 4 uses regenerable uses, and 3 returns for each location set.

Also, I'd like it to be given for free based on an achievement (smth like : nb of days - 1 year achievement + First research deapth (Explorer) - at least 80 locations uncovered +  carthography - over 10 or 15 + max AP over 150) even if those are easy ones.

This achievement based "rewards" would be the start of a new stage of rewarding.

I personally see this as more of a role-spell than something everybody should have (I.E. via Achievement rewards). But that is highly subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt.

The way I see this (potentially) working:

• Same spellwords for Marker/Recall
  • Spell depends on whether it's cast on a set of coords or if cast without any additional parameters
    • Coords = marker
    • no parameters = teleport self only
  • I think it should remain self only, not able to target other players.
  • Once you cast the marker, it remains valid for... anywhere between 3-6 hours.
  • Once you cast recall, the marker expires immediately.
  • You must be in the location at which you place the marker (I.E. you must have access to it, you can't just mark some random location that you wanna see and teleport yourself there).
  • 3/4 casts every 2 weeks sounds reasonable to me.

• 2 months later...