Ann. 3513 - Story mode/missing NPC related issues

Syrian

if there any players that are still affected by this (http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3513) please post them here, if they dont have forum access then it would also be nice to get there names and player IDs put here so that they are known. 

She of Stars is currently unable to see NPCs at MP3, Player ID 254248

WittyLeWat, ID 252568

Eleyne: ID 246884, unable to see NPCs, and the MDP statue, MP5

Witch (ID 254195) can't see any of those npc's

Johannesk (ID: 253995) - just turned MP4, says he can't see NPCs; 

Edited by Syrian

• Root Admin

sorry, i figured the announcement itself was enough, i changed the title, hopefully it is a little more specific : )

Well, You could look up the announcement ID, etc, but that takes time and I personalyl dont know all of their ID's off by heart (even if the rumors say I can :P)

Alright, so, here goes a weird one.

IAB the Numberless (ID 113205) is able to see both the slime and the downward arrow at the Meeting of the Roads. This is the only key that should be considered as "normal" on it, due to me having some fun with the key system on my own and ending up with both the story and movement arrows at the Fields of Abandonment (1_0x-3_1). In general, the key state of the account should be considered as abnormal.

• Root Admin

Alright, so, here goes a weird one.

IAB the Numberless (ID 113205) is able to see both the slime and the downward arrow at the Meeting of the Roads. This is the only key that should be considered as "normal" on it, due to me having some fun with the key system on my own and ending up with both the story and movement arrows at the Fields of Abandonment (1_0x-3_1). In general, the key state of the account should be considered as abnormal.

It sounds like you have messed with something... Give me the full details bored of what you have done or I will just consider that account player broken and ignore it.

Well, I let you had your fun, now let me tell you why I find this topic funny :

Story mode fixes!
Fixed issues with new MP3's and those who have advanced not being able to see guards/slimes/misc things. All new accounts should be able to see everything. Tomorrow I will try and find a solution to identify and add all the keys people are lacking because they recently advanced/joined the game.

Well ... how the hell should somebody know that he's not seing something if he doesn't know it exists ?

• Root Admin

Well, I let you had your fun, now let me tell you why I find this topic funny :

Well ... how the hell should somebody know that he's not seing something if he doesn't know it exists ?

Because a number of people have pointed them to fight X, or do Y and found they havent been able to. Its happened a couple times at GoE :)

Thank you for your feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Its still in my list of things to do, a number of more important things came up in front of it but I will try and have only just got back from event that was on in the last two days but I will look at it today.

Edited by Chewett

• Root Admin

Ann. 3587 - [2015-06-25 23:23:55 - Stage 13] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett   9001 likes   Like 
More bugs with story mode should now be fixed, the most recent is that those who were unable to see any NPC's should now be able to see them, ~2000 accounts fixed.

Edited by Chewett