MP6 and AP

No one

Today we have a surprise from Mur :

Ann. 3830 - [2016-02-23 05:47:49 - Stage 13] - Permalink - Posted By Muratus del Mur   0 likes 
No AP cost for moving for MP6+
Players with Mindpower 6 or above will be able to travel without any AP cost (but will still require AP to access certain areas, even if these AP will not be deducted from their current AP (feature not tested yet, pls report issues)

Care to share your  thoughts on this ?

What does AP have anything to do with being an MP6? It seems quite a random change.

I agree with the fact that the problems should be solved first, before experimenting with new ideas.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Limits their ability to participate in some quests. Other than that i'll wait and see the rest of mp6 changes.

How does it limit something ?

It has only given MP6 the "power" to travel the entire LotE (until Mur's Dominion gate) and the entire Lab (lab 2) without stopping ... on top of what normally they or us could do.

As for the gift ... even if I don't understand it ... I am ok with it ... but only for MP6.

i agree with No one that i'd only set it for mp6 (since we can get them out if we dont like them :p) and perhaps the mp8 ones like MoC

other than east and laby this indeed doesnt change much

however i'd not like the idea for the east in particular that a protector could get a crowd (read the worshippers) in one second so to speak to DoM gate while if they walked it would have taken them way longer, it kinda beats the point to AP...

i also agree with DD and EE that this idea seems to be pulled out of thin air and doesnt solve an existing problem but will only cause more of them, more people will want to be mp6 for this reason, and not for the reason that existed before (mentorship)

if this is a step of the new mp6 then perhaps it might've been wiser to hold it back until a more clear vision of it was created because now it could do more wrong than good

@Miq: I get your point.

[spoiler]

Would you allow mp6 into a race quest when they have no AP cost? what about some heat wars. 

Sunfire you are assuming that mp6 can be "got rid" in the future.

[/spoiler]

I don't know about you, but unless I go through gates ... I lose almost no AP.

The only exceptions are East, some locations in MDA (that are still under testing and should be fixed) and lab2.

Also, with the right amount of pickles, one can enter the throne room.

So, race ... there is a minimum change. But I get your point.

Heat wars ... :) MP6 are excluded by default as they get heat from ALL worshipers thus they would win without moving.

• Root Admin

Very interesting..apparwntly SOME of you find an issue with just about everything...but its fine :)

Mp6 should have no movement limits..just access limits..and as some pointed out the ap cost is not an issue with many anyway.

Foe torch cobtest...well ..mp6 is some sort of popularity cobtest in some ways so team up with the mightiest mp6 or ask them kindly not to participate...because i have no ibtention to revert this update.

Regarding mp7 and m8 .. i never got involved with mp8 but i did with mp7, for now, the way i see things is that mp levwls after 5 should inherit eachothers properties but have different ways of achieving that level. Mp7 will be about illusions and casting illusions on others (maybe a spoiler:p) and mp6 ...is still a bit confusing..

Maybe after changing the way people gwt to mp6 it will be more clear for me if i can keep its initial purpose or adapt.

I am very interested to see how this change will influence md..and how mp6 will be affected...so ..whoever gets there ..please send me a pm or email or post publicly about how or if this change made indeed a difference or is insignificant.

My guess is that it has less impact than you might think..because in general people reaching mp6 are not the type of people that will go wild abusing stuff in any way...i am actually convinced that this change comes to lp them not to hurt them.

As for quests that depend on ap...thei are unfair by definion anyway

There are just 2 points that I'd like to point out:

Regarding mp7 and m8 .. i never got involved with mp8 but i did with mp7, for now, the way i see things is that mp levwls after 5 should inherit eachothers properties but have different ways of achieving that level. Mp7 will be about illusions and casting illusions on others (maybe a spoiler:p) and mp6 ...is still a bit confusing..
My guess is that it has less impact than you might think..because in general people reaching mp6 are not the type of people that will go wild abusing stuff in any way...i am actually convinced that this change comes to lp them not to hurt them.

1. As I know, getting to MP7 is not from MP6 ... yet. And similarly for MP8.

What I mean is : after MP5, upper MP levels are ... branching / morphing in different ways . There is little to no connection with the MP5 and that is why they should be tweaked individually with specific features.

2. Also, if an MP6 miss-behaves ... the adepts can chose to get him down. MP7 has no such option.

With the above, I can only say that extrapolating from "MP6 are good" and "people reaching mp6 are not the type of people that will go wild"  to MP6+ ... is not a valid one.

If you want to go in details ... there is just one MP7 out there. And it is not good and it is known for its abuses.

I am not saying that you should remove the feature ... nobody does, but this should be limited to MP6 only.

Guys... did you really question allowance of Mp6 to attend certain quest yet you overlooked worshipers of said mp6?

Lets put it this way, Mp6 that moves without spending ap plus his summon spell equals free movement for WHOLE population (theoretically). In practice it means you will have "mortals" that have to walk and others who are privileged because they are besties or close enough to said protector. Since we have small population, mortals will be the ones that don't serve interests of said protector and majority of population will be all about teleporting.

I don't get it, we have such a complex system for player movement that has a purpose of lingering the speed of player movement, yet in practice that same system makes us go almost anywhere in a blink. Wasted effort in my eyes. How about removing ap from movement system altogether? -_-

Guys... did you really question allowance of Mp6 to attend certain quest yet you overlooked worshipers of said mp6?

Lets put it this way, Mp6 that moves without spending ap plus his summon spell equals free movement for WHOLE population (theoretically). In practice it means you will have "mortals" that have to walk and others who are privileged because they are besties or close enough to said protector. Since we have small population, mortals will be the ones that don't serve interests of said protector and majority of population will be all about teleporting.

I don't get it, we have such a complex system for player movement that has a purpose of lingering the speed of player movement, yet in practice that same system makes us go almost anywhere in a blink. Wasted effort in my eyes. How about removing ap from movement system altogether? -_-

Actually it means free movt for those who are in the good books of the said mp6...