Humbly Stepping Down

Eon

After three or so wonderful years as Ruler of the East I am stepping down effective immediately. Sunfire will be taking my place, and I expect everyone to give him the respect that you had given me during these years. I will still be aligned with the East. Now I know you're a loyal bunch, and I can't stop you from calling me your Empress, but please don't do that in front of Sunfire. It would be very disrespectful. 

Your former ruler,

Eon.

Edited by Eon

It is with great sadness that I learn of your resignation. I would like to thank you for all you have accomplished for the East and all the sacrifices you have made. Your emperorship will be one that is remembered through the ages. Some won't see what you did for the East, yet for many of us it is clear that you put us back on the map again.

It is a great honour to receive your nomination to succeed you and i hereby accept it. I can only hope that i will bring the East as much honour as you have.

As for the title, in various lands it is a custom that previous rulers get to keep their title therefore i wont take any offence if someone calls you empress in front of me. I dont see it as disrespect towards me, but as a sign of respect towards you and your accomplishments.

Long live the Empire of the East

*Sunfire*

Announcements - View ID 3917
Ann. 3917 Priority: 2 [2016-04-03 02:43:37 - Stage 13]
Is a king truly a king if...
he is voted in by his people? Mur and I have been discussing the nature of kings and found some ideas we personally like in a leader and their objectives. In this we have reviewed all monarchs past and present to look into what makes a good or bad king.

Much of this wont be talked about, as is the way with secret matters but we both agreed that an inactive monarch is more destructive to a land in absence, than one waging wars and creating rifts, rifts are activity. One of the main formats we have identified as actually working is a father son relationship. Meaning that a king trains up his apprentice to take over from him when he leaves the position. This ensures that plans continue relatively easily and the king comes into the role pre-experienced. We are considering putting in place an ability for some apprentice to overtake and overthrow his king to become the next king.

One result of this discussion is an official announcement "We will only support one king per land, no matter how many you claim are your kings". The final decision in land matters must be up to a single person, and this is the person we call king, this will be the person we go to when we need to discuss your land matters. The people we recognise as Kings in MD which fall under the killing protection are:
Lintara - Loreroot
Maebius - Marind bell
Grido - Golemus
Mur - LoTE
Dark Demon - Lab

Please note when this announcement uses the word "king" it is interchangeable with queen, we dont really have any preference in the decided gender of a monarch, its just cleaner than to write "king/queen" every single time :) Bring on more queens!

Thanks for taking the time to read
Chewett and Mur

So Mur has not recognised the role yet, that matters little. It is not a crown or a title that makes you a leader.

26 minutes ago, Sunfire said:

So Mur has not recognised the role yet, that matters little. It is not a crown or a title that makes you a leader.

That was posted while I was away from the game. I think it's pretty clear they just made a tremendous error and forgot about me (which I'll let slide this time but don't make a habit out of it). Once they update the kings/queens list again I'm sure you'll be on it.

9 hours ago, Sunfire said:

As per Ann 3917, which you are quoting:

"Is a king truly a king if...
he is voted in by his people? "
This implies the answer "no"; otherwise, this announcement would have been at least half pointless. In other words, people voting in a king or a king by popular agreement is not necessarily a king; leader maybe, but not king. 

" a king trains up his apprentice to take over from him when he leaves the position. "
So the one who names/trains a successor must hold the title of king.

Mur - LoTE
The current king of the East has not named any successors. 

I agree, it is not a crown or a title that makes you a leader but it is a crown that makes you a king, at least as per Ann 3917 - can be seen to happen in other instances in MD, where loss of the crown is synonymous with loss of the status of king but not necessarily leader. If anything, quoting Ann 3917 works against you.

Spoiler

Or as George R.R. Martin would say...F98C03EF0733DDA554DAD727BC47AB1F3DAAC24E

@Aeoshattr you seem to forget that Mur is the demon of the East, he rules the land by force, however we Easteners have a leader of our own, and the demon even wants us to have a king, on his terms however

Announcements - View ID 2773
Ann. 2773 Priority: 1 [2013-09-10 04:18:08 - Stage 12]
Tribunal Crown
I am starting a long term quest for whoever wants to become King of the East Lands (excluding DoM). It will be based on points that you gather..and how you gather them is a secret some will discover most won't. Eon and Shadowseeker are entitled to one ..or two..points as a start, if they can remind me (in-game only) why they deserve them. Once a point is obtained by someone I will post in TB forum the reason, so others can see it and understand the nature of this quest

yet we wouldnt be Easteners if we didnt do things our own way

let me ask you a question Aeoshattr, what is a king?

Edited by Chewett
removed some rudeness

23 minutes ago, Sunfire said:

@Aeoshattr you seem to forget that Mur is the demon of the East, he rules the land by force, however we Easteners have a leader of our own, and the demon even wants us to have a king, on his terms however

yet we wouldnt be Easteners if we didnt do things our own way

let me ask you a question Aeoshattr, what is a king?

@DARK DEMON you are obviously ignorant of the workings of the Lands of the East, ill excuse you for that, it is a bit complicated. However before you insult our ways you should better learn how things are, now you look like the fool, which isnt quite a good thing for a king in my oppinion.

Taking into account Ann 3906 and then subsequently Ann 3917, the titles of "Demon" and "King" are interchangeable with regards to the very specific point I was addressing: legitimacy of heredity. Exactly how they rule is besides the point. The point is that only they have the authority to name/train/magically appoint a heir. 

Currently, Mur has that running quest that you're mentioning to appoint a king (technically a heir, since he's the ruling power currently). But until that quest is complete, the candidates are not official rulers and thus cannot appoint heirs of their own. Can they take leader responsibilities? Maybe. But not appoint heirs. You can't name someone to inherit something you don't have yet.

Also

2 hours ago, Nimrodel said:

Honestly guys... Did your part of the brain which provides neural impulses for 'humour'die? Jeez...

I thought I had a pretty neutral and serious tone, I don't know what prompted you to feel that my humor is dead (since you clearly downvoted both me and DD when you posted that, so you weren't talking to DD only, and even more so since I posted a humorous reference in my initial post)?

So is it a joke or not? Because Nimrodel suggests this is a humorous thing, but Sunfire seems pretty serious.

4 hours ago, DARK DEMON said:

@Sunfire I couldn't care the slightest about land politics. There's a reason I'm sitting here peacefully in the Labyrinth. Teach me, oh senpai, what do you East Kings do apart from announcing your (fake) kingships? I ask you this question now and I'll ask a while later, I doubt I'll be satisfied at either time.

Getting involved in this thread shows you do care about land politics, at least the Easts.

You're sitting there peacefully in the Labyrinth because every other role you tried to achieve failed terribly. You wanted to be "special," you and Fang are remarkably similar that way. I sure haven't forgotten about that phase where you all of a sudden started asking people to start referring to you as "Death," despite not even having the power to kill, which I had at the time. I think it really gets under your skin that people seem to have had less of a problem with me trying to become ruler and give rulership of the land to another, than people had with your request for the role of "Death." You shouldn't mention pretending when you yourself attempted to pretend and then got ridiculed out of wanting a role.

All rulers should be a bit different, Sunfire would be different than me, I'm sure. He's more personable and will reach out to people to form bonds. I don't like to push my citizens one way or the other, I let them do what they want. My vision of a land being great is by having citizens that achieve great things. Citizens achievements reflect on the land they are associated with. If any of my citizens requested help I would have helped them, because I'd rather see them make the land look good than full of failures. I achieved more than you ever could have long before joining the East, and I've achieved plenty since then. I've been absent the last few years but that's mostly because I honestly felt that I had essentially won the game. DST, No One and myself achieved whatever we set our minds to, basically every time. The first time I left the game for 6 months and came back, I stayed for awhile because the Necrovians had gained a lot of power and unity while I was away. We fought a ton but I got tired of only having one big group to battle all the time.

Edited by Chewett
Edit by chew: removed some rudeness

extract from correspondence with Mur:

I am not actively ruling my land, Lands of the East do not have a king in me, i am the Demon of the land, meaning i am an animal that "rules" the land by force, living in the same habitat with the people inside it, not part of its hierarchy however.

see it as our solution to the void of power, the East is well capable to choose its leader how it wants to, no matter if its official or not

• Root Admin

Since iv had a lot of responses, reports and everything I will reply to this and am dealing with it personally.  If you have an issue with what I am saying here then contact me. Some people will get personal replies publicly, some will be more general.

First, an opinion on the topic:

Eon knows he isnt land king, its a role he plays. Similarly him "giving over" kingship is again his role in beliving he is the true king. Its  how he "plays", he also sent me a message (in character) asking me to promote sunfire as he had "clearly been missed off the list of kings". Im sorry if you dont understand the humour but dont take it seriously (unless talking to Eon, in which case, its deadly serious!) as its just a role.

To those posting "lol", Its not really needed thank you. Knowing you find something funny isnt really helpful to the topic. If you really need to post this feel free to do so, and add some additional text. Thanks :)

Sunfire: I get DD is being rude, dont drop down to his rudeness, please.

DD: Your posts drip with malice, rudeness and are everything you dislike and report in others. I know they called you out but you called them out first in a bad way. I know you can make your points nicely so do it please.

Eon: I get DD is being rude, ignore him, dont be the same as it just esclates.

---

If you guys want to shout and be rude to each other, take it somewhere else. I will temp ban the next posts I see reported that go like this thread. If you cannot learn to talk nicely to those who you dislike then you are just a troll and I dont think we want trolls in MD.

The other thread where just basic abusing of each other occurred, has been hidden.

---

I am re-opening the thread, if people want be nice try again or I will deal with people.

4 hours ago, Aeoshattr said:

I thought I had a pretty neutral and serious tone, I don't know what prompted you to feel that my humor is dead (since you clearly downvoted both me and DD when you posted that, so you weren't talking to DD only, and even more so since I posted a humorous reference in my initial post)?

So is it a joke or not? Because Nimrodel suggests this is a humorous thing, but Sunfire seems pretty serious.

yes yes. Your humour is not dead. Since you clearly chose to joke using a meme. Talking about memes, that one didnt seem that neutral to my eye. Oh wait. You also say that it was in a serious tone? Were you being humorous? or serious? Or were you being serious about being humorous? Or humorous about being serious? Bleh. Maybe you were just hurt so bad to see a negative rep. Who knows?

Also, why are you being touchy about Eon's post? He didnt claim to be your king. I dont see any easterners asking for you to speak up for them either. Unless you were chosen as an ambassador for voicing out their thoughts secretly. Or unless you aim to sow some kind of discord. Or unless you want to run for kingship of the East and didnt like the baton being passed over to Sunny? Heh.. Whatever the reason is, point is, Verbal diarrhoea. Thats it.

Nimrodel can suggest that Mr. A is a brainless Ass. Does that make Mr. A a brainless ass? Matter of opinion. Some would laugh about it. Some would cry. Some would pass some other comment in a serious and neutral tone. Some would  give out a prejudiced reply. Me - I will always love you Empress Eon...

Disclaimer: This was not an invite to a fight. Just voicing my views in the politest possible way. I'll try to improve on my diplomatic skills if this hurts the feelings of little shmshs. please no be mad chew. *puppy dog eyes*

Edited by Nimrodel
Disclaimer