Opinions on item interface

Chewett

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, Jubaris said:

I don't like how they're displayed, but sometimes it's easier to click on the picture and use the item straight away rather than access the tag of the class of the item, then find it on the list and click, etc.

I agree with that 

I think displaying all images as now is done is quite bad.

One cool possibility would be to reuse the interface space to have (user defined? :-P ) fixed set of tools (using images) that would act as quick access items... imagine these itens as not being stored in your backpack but in your belt..

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, DarkRaptor said:

I think displaying all images as now is done is quite bad.

One cool possibility would be to reuse the interface space to have (user defined? :-P ) fixed set of tools (using images) that would act as quick access items... imagine these itens as not being stored in your backpack but in your belt..

That could work with a feature im planning for that. I might do that then :)

the new "favourite" option is great! Thank you.

Not wanting to ask too much.. i would still like the possibility of hide all those item images ( non-favourites and non-usable) that float above the inventory.

If you happen to have a bit of spare time and patience to work on these details... i would suggest:

1. The inventory auto reload based on tool cooldown expiration (something like a min() of the cooldown for all itens)

2. The inventory on reload retain the current selected item type. Currently at every refresh we are sent back to the "all" tab..

I'm using a old FF (28) and for me the search feature is not working.. i will try to test it later with other browser.

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, DarkRaptor said:

Not wanting to ask too much.. i would still like the possibility of hide all those item images ( non-favourites and non-usable) that float above the inventory.

Planned

2. The inventory on reload retain the current selected item type. Currently at every refresh we are sent back to the "all" tab..

planned

I'm using a old FF (28) and for me the search feature is not working.. i will try to test it later with other browser.

Weird, I will see if I can replicate, To be honest I only tested on chrome but I will check others when i get a minute.

1. The inventory auto reload based on tool cooldown expiration (something like a min() of the cooldown for all itens)

Because you want to know what tools are usable?

14 hours ago, Chewett said:

Because you want to know what tools are usable?

Because i think it would be the expected behaviour: the interface have the ability to update without the extensive use of the refresh btn.

Ofc i'm not sugesting a pooling method but instead a simple timer with the correct seconds to min cooldown expiration that (eventually) would almost eliminate the need of the refresh button usage.

When you click favourite it resets any search parameters you have set, you then have to change the search term in order for it to actually search again - using latest Firefox

Otherwise I likey, nice to have

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Grido said:

When you click favourite it resets any search parameters you have set, you then have to change the search term in order for it to actually search again - using latest Firefox

Otherwise I likey, nice to have

That is, as designed, but im still playing around with it.

14 hours ago, DarkRaptor said:

Because i think it would be the expected behaviour: the interface have the ability to update without the extensive use of the refresh btn.

Ofc i'm not sugesting a pooling method but instead a simple timer with the correct seconds to min cooldown expiration that (eventually) would almost eliminate the need of the refresh button usage.

I have some ideas about a better/more dynamic way of doing without reloads.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Inventory update 2
This update focuses on more minor changes but this includes:

• Text on the page has been reformatted to fit in with house style, etc
  • A search button has been added
  • MD will now remember the tab you were on between sessions/page reloads
  • Upload image has been removed from the main inventory page and now only exists on the full details page. This is because it isnt used by 99% of users so its a waste to put it there

As ususal, changes and suggestions are welcome on the forum.

• Root Admin

>2. The inventory on reload retain the current selected item type. Currently at every refresh we are sent back to the "all" tab..

Done

>With the new "Favourite" link there is a lot of red links to be seen, perhaps if the "upload picture" link was only available through the "Full Details" page it would be easier on the eyes.

Done, it makes sense to do this since people dont use it.

Also made the "use item" and "open item" shorter.

>1. The inventory auto reload based on tool cooldown expiration (something like a min() of the cooldown for all itens)

Still planned, I need some sleep first ;)

>When you click favourite it resets any search parameters you have set, you then have to change the search term in order for it to actually search again - using latest Firefox

Fixed, we have a button now.