Gateway Keepers disbanded

dst

Since this is the official forum and not my playground I will state my reasons clear and short:

I consider that the 2 members of the alliance do not fit it.

I think that the ally would be in better hands if it were to be passed to the real helpers that are now stuck in Gateland to try and help the new comers.

Spoiler

See you on the other side :D:D

• Root Admin

I appreciate the tone of the post dst, Im not going to state my opinion on this one way or another but the post in itself is classy, no rudeness, etc.

Thank you, and hopefully this shall set a tone that others should follow two. (thanks for letting me hijack your post).

Ok.. not wanting to take sides of what happened and the motivations, but something really caught my attention, how is it possible for members of this alliance not to have access to the Island? Would it be the same in thinking that the Death Patrol is not given access to Necrovion for his patrol job?!?

Let's see, another thing, they were there, but they left for a tour and simply missed the return boat? Did they give up on the Island? Really seems to me a situation at least poorly explained ...

Edited by Faceless

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, Faceless said:

Ok.. not wanting to take sides of what happened and the motivations, but something really caught my attention, how is it possible for members of this alliance not to have access to the Island? Would it be the same in thinking that the Death Patrol is not given access to Necrovion for his patrol job?!?

Let's see, another thing, they were there, but they left for a tour and simply missed the return boat? Did they give up on the Island? Really seems to me a situation at least poorly explained ...

They don't have access, they could explain if they wanted to, it's a pretty simple matter but probably their story to tell.

7 hours ago, Faceless said:

Ok.. not wanting to take how is it possible for members of this alliance not to have access to the Island? Would it be the same in thinking that the Death Patrol is not given access to Necrovion for his patrol job?!?

Firstly, as I'm sure you were aware (as you're more of a vet than I am), for a long time the necrovians had no access to their land -- is it really a prerequisite for one to have access to a land if they're part of the alliance? 

Which leads to the second point - currently, they're no longer in the alliance anyway.

And finally, if their roles remain, you can be an abassador without having to be in the land you come from. In fact, the term itself means a 'a diplomat sent as a permanent representative to a foreign country or state'. They seem to "know" enough about the land already and are more than capeable to ask for any updates if required.

Edited by Aethon

4 hours ago, Aethon said:

Firstly, as I'm sure you were aware (as you're more of a vet than I am), for a long time the necrovians had no access to their land -- is it really a prerequisite for one to have access to a land if they're part of the alliance? 

Yes of course, I read all the announcements, so I compared it with Death Patrol, not with alliances or even citizenship. Because Death Patrol have access to Necrovion to do their job.
The question is do you have any prerequisites for membership in this alliance? Should you stay inside the island? If I went out to the mainland, would I have no way to return? I read something in the mod pannel, Mur said that whoever applied to the island should not have things to do outside (because he would not have free access round trip?) and another arguing that it was not clear to him the rules to apply to this new role.

Edited by Faceless

Ave,

As dst said, mur is not in a habit to take stuff that has already been given. So that settles the question of should or should not they have had the Alliance. They had it and that's it. 

Why they can not access the island is purely for them or mur to say. 

For anyone who cares or needs to know my option on the ally.  Then it's that i will actively refuse to join it (or any other).

Edited by Miq