Unalting

Pipstickz

Ann. 4421 - [2018-03-04 00:47:53 - Stage 13] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett   8 likes  
Global unalting from accidental proxy use
I have just coded in something so we can remove people who have accidentally become alts through inadvertent proxy use. I have ran this over one of the well known proxy browsers.

This has also involved rewriting the code so its ready for the PHP7 transfer so its in a much better state.

As usual I would like to remind everyone that fixing alt issues is a privilege and not a right. If anyone is still alted due to accidental proxy use please contact me.

Would anybody have been unalted without directly asking for it? Asking for a friend...

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

They can always personally check whos considered their alt themselves, by attempting to Adept someone.

If the system allows them to adept that Imman, then they are not considered alts.

If the system rejects the attempt to adept, than they are considered alts.

Fang I appreciate your attempt to reply but it doesnt actually answer the question at all. Please do read the question properly if you are attempting to answer something.

6 hours ago, Chewett said:

Yes.

Thanks Chew! A few more specific questions if you have the time:

Player x and y were considered alts but are played by different people. Time passes and neither requests unalting. It's possible they'd be unalted regardless?

And what if y requests it but x does not, would x be notified if the request was granted?

And thanks for trying to help, Fang. I was more interested in the general answer, not the implied specific case that I wan- ...I mean, my friend wanted to know about... ;)

• Root Admin
16 hours ago, Pipstickz said:

Thanks Chew! A few more specific questions if you have the time:

Player x and y were considered alts but are played by different people. Time passes and neither requests unalting. It's possible they'd be unalted regardless?

And what if y requests it but x does not, would x be notified if the request was granted?

And thanks for trying to help, Fang. I was more interested in the general answer, not the implied specific case that I wan- ...I mean, my friend wanted to know about... ;)

Any specific reason why you want to know?