Map identities (shop item) cost

Ungod

Map identities cost  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the loyalty cost of the shop item should be decreased or is it fine as it is?

• Yes, 1000 loyalty is too much.
    • No, it's fine as it is.
    • I don't really care? (but still voting so you can see it doesn't matter to me)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 04:52 PM

Afaik, there is no shop item that even comes close in terms of loyalty cost to 1000. Map identities is a special item that makes locate spell even less important, but if it's too ''nice'', then it shouldn't be in the shop in the first place. Now, farming 1000 loyalty is not that hard, probably, but it's kind of a jump. 

• Root Admin
53 minutes ago, Ungod said:

Now, farming 1000 loyalty is not that hard, probably, but it's kind of a jump. 

I would argue the effort to farm 1000 loyalty is worth the "repayment" that it makes the locate spell (A WP item) mostly useless.

• Root Admin

seeing playernames on the map, with their exact coords, means you can always know where someone is regardless is that person is trying to hide. Its true you have realms without map, where you can;t see the map YET, but eventually they will have a map too. 

I think this is a great advantage in many situations, thats why i voted for the way it is.

However, this is a very cool feature that might keep many players around, players that would not manage to get the requirements if they are that great, so thats why i am still open to suggestions.

An alternate solution would be to move this feat to wishpoints instead of shop, but it will still be deep.

Lets see what the votes say first.

• Root Admin
16 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

An alternate solution would be to move this feat to wishpoints instead of shop, but it will still be deep.

Keep it in the shop and also make it available with WP's?

Then you have two different ways of attaining it, allowing different "types" of players to get it

It will be easy in wish shop for a player who already has to to avoid it. When I used 2 wishpoints I added 5 more slots to my wishpoint shop. That is a lot of options. I now have 31 options available to me to spend WP.

ONE slot being taken up in wishpoint shop isn't really a problem unless the player has never gotten one before. If they have the feature, they certainly won't waste credits or WP on the same feature again.

In the code in the shop, could you have a check for rights in the coding? if they already have it then it goes away?

Or just add a blurb in description of the item that if you already have it and it's taking up a slot to contact someone-

or a button to click that forcibly moves the map feature to the bottom of the extra features queue. if a player does that and still gets to see it as an option again, they are likely to use their shop reset anyway before they buy the same item again.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Steno said:

It will be easy in wish shop for a player who already has to to avoid it. When I used 2 wishpoints I added 5 more slots to my wishpoint shop. That is a lot of options. I now have 31 options available to me to spend WP.

ONE slot being taken up in wishpoint shop isn't really a problem unless the player has never gotten one before. If they have the feature, they certainly won't waste credits or WP on the same feature again.

In the code in the shop, could you have a check for rights in the coding? if they already have it then it goes away?

Or just add a blurb in description of the item that if you already have it and it's taking up a slot to contact someone-

or a button to click that forcibly moves the map feature to the bottom of the extra features queue. if a player does that and still gets to see it as an option again, they are likely to use their shop reset anyway before they buy the same item again.

Hard, definitely not impossible.

I can do that after my vacation if you want?