Map Identity Problem

Lazarus

This is an incredible feature worthy of being placed in the wish shop, but it has its own issues, in particular, the crowded places problem. I've observed this during Chewett's cake party and Steno's April Fool's event.

If there are few people in one spot (1-3 players) it looks fine, but more than that, they just cover each other. Mur's solution to this was to increase the intervals between the colored dots that represents the players, but it creates another problem where one can't actually point out where that player is.

I may have a solution for this, it follows the same mechanics, only this time, if there are two (or three) or more players in a location, say the GoE, it will become a shaded place on a map (I used orange because, well, Mur) the more people there are, the bigger this shade will become.

An example image:

PicsArt_04-02-03_26_27.thumb.jpg.170e4ba1bf078de24ba1c12801f771a2.jpg

GoE at this point will have several players on it, hence the size, while MDP will have fewer than four or so. 

Now, when you hover the cursor over the shaded section, it will display the coordinates along with the playernames who are presently in that location. See below:

PicsArt_04-02-03_29_31.thumb.jpg.a348b2899310b3bfd4648fde46ebb3fa.jpg

This is just a mockup, the shade color can be changed, the colored dots can even be beside the playernames in the box to distinguish what Mindpower they belong to.

This will be easier for those who purchased this feature and can be very useful for a plethora of different things, or if you exhaust your locate spell, too.

Let me know what you think.

This were certainly an improvement over the present, although I feel that some information were lost compared to the present - namely, the Mind-Power of those on the map in an area of congregation, which I believe were especially useful for those of lower Mind-Power.

If I may, I should like to suggest an alteration to this idea - instead of ever enlarging circles, consider merely a single circle with a number contained within, corresponding to the number of players present, as well as to change the colour of names to correspond to the Mind-Power.

20 minutes ago, Aia del Mana said:

This were certainly an improvement over the present, although I feel that some information were lost compared to the present - namely, the Mind-Power of those on the map in an area of congregation, which I believe were especially useful for those of lower Mind-Power.

If I may, I should like to suggest an alteration to this idea - instead of ever enlarging circles, consider merely a single circle with a number contained within, corresponding to the number of players present, as well as to change the colour of names to correspond to the Mind-Power.

That's what I'm saying, interaction on the location.

the dots are just mark there, but when you hover the map, the location responds with the name of the location and the list of players. 

As the resolution of the map is not high enough, sometimes it's hard to recognize the location. It also helps on identify the location.

I like that it wouldn’t tell you MP. It would reduce power of feature. Also with so many people in one place I think it should mess with the land a bit, that many mind powers and it warps how people perceive others. Makes them less likely to tell how strong they are. 
This solution is elegant and seems relatively easy to implement.

I prefer showing the MP. it’s easier to find peers especially for fight. 
MP doesn’t stand for power. And players of different mp won’t have the chance to feel the difference usually except during the alliances war. But most of the time it stands for lore. 
So fight or lore, people could choose by the map. 

Sorry, I should have made clear, I meant I liked this solution only for feature where you have map names, I don’t know if it is possible or worth coding if it only works for people who just have the map unlocked. But map names is farther in.

nevermind my position sounds dumb that I’ve written it. Posting so you know I read it

• Root Admin

suggestion looks interesting, but i won;t do it. If Chew wishes to do it i dont mind, but i won;t do it because i don;t see it to be essential, and it also cuts down things like mp colors, and special status colors on individual player dots. Like it is now you can see where you can find players of your level, and where a25 players are located, via the color of their dot. It also means radically changing something that works fine, and i have a shitload of other things to do than this.

I think we are talking about a solution about how to identify a player from a crowded position.  
The problem is if it’s actually usable and if it needs to be fixed. how it looks like is just one option of many. 
it is usually not a big deal for the current amount of online players. But if there would be incoming more players it would be a problem. The simplest way without changing the current look is to return a full list of players in that position when clicking on that bunch of dots.