[WP QUEST] Between Heaven and Hell, the six types of demons

Because of the excitement caused by yesterday's find, I am making a quest rewarded with a WP!

The find is different from the topic of this thread, but it started there...in ''European'' demonology, there are six types of demons. The uppermost demons inhabit an area known as the ‘fiery’ (diapyron), the second category the ‘airy’ (aerion), the third the ‘earthly’ (chthonion), the fourth the ‘watery’ (fresh and salt: hydraion and enalion), the fifth the ‘sub-earthly’ (hypochthonion) and the sixth the ‘light-hating and insensible’ (misophaes and dysaisthêton).

What I want you to do is research the origin of this categorization, which is much more ancient than, say, 500 AD, and write one-two paragraph as to what you think the origin is. This is half the task. The other half is argument in one-two (or more) paragraphs whether the creatures of MagicDuel respect this categorization (of six realms) or not. The paper shall be submitted to me, on whatever channel you prefer, and I shall be the sole judge.

The right answer for part 1 and good arguments for part 2, or the closest answer to the truth for part 1 and good arguments for part 2 will get a WP. If I get more submissions, I will add a second and third place. The winner gets a WP with a rating of 5 minimum, which can go up to max depending on the quality of arguments for second task.

I reserve the right to publish the winner's answer, although as a winner, you can try to convince me I shouldn't...you might win. Also, the deadline for this quest, which might involve a lot of reading is 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I close it if I get no signals from anyone or get at last 1, but nobody announces me they want to try it. If I get a message from anyone the reading is not done yet, I will extend the period by n weeks after the 2 weeks have passed.

If I forgot to mention something, post here :) 

(Also, this quest really deserves a WP, because the research on the subject leads to finds that contradict much of what you know and is 'the establishment' of today; nobody likes change, but for a researcher, going against the established truth is a fun fun activity)

(P.S. I attached a pic from HoMM because in my opinion it respects this classification to a letter)

Confluxtown.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Even if I'm closing it with no submissions, I have to tell you the subject is fascinating. The 'western' imagery is so influenced by this (actually defined is the right word) that if you manage to read on it, and get at the core, you'll certainly be blown away. So read if you have the opportunity!

• Mallos locked this topic