An open letter to Confused Santa

Dear Confused Santa,

We, the undersigned, write to express of our deepest condolences for the loss of thine elf, who was tragically killed by Ledah the Caretaker and his heavy shovel. We are truly sorry for this terrible accident, and hope thou canst find some comfort in knowing that thine elf were a loyal and hardworking member of thy team.

We understand that this must be a very difficult time for thee - especially since thou hadst been busy preparing for Christmas. We appreciate all the joy and happiness that thou bringst to the realm every year, and hope that this tragedy will not affect of thy spirit or mission.

Please know that thou standst not alone in grief, and that there are many who care about and support thee. We, the undersigned, are among them, and are here for thee shouldst thou have requirement. Do reach out to us if thou needst audience, or if we may be a shoulder to grieve upon.

May peace and healing be upon thee in this dark time, and mayst thou remember thine elf with love and gratitude. He was a very special elf, and will be missed by many.

We did think also to ask thee whether thine elf was covered by any warranty or insurance policy. We know that this might not be the most important thing right now, but receiving compensation or replacement for thy loss may help to continue the magiks of gift-giving this season. We mean not to sound greedy or insensitive, but rather to ask in solidarity with thee that the season may continue to be blessed with gift-giving - for that is what thine elf would have wished.

Sincerely,

Aia, Queen of Loreroot, on behalf of herself and all others who sign beneath

As I have some number of signatories to this letter, let us ensure that Confused Santa should receive it.

Presently, I have thought there to be several options to deliver this letter:

1. Parley with the elf at the Archives (if need be, one could perhaps ask Ledah to do this). This were where my attempts are currently focused.
2. Summon Confused Santa with realm-magic or at least with locating him such that one may deliver it in person.
3. Return the elf to the living (at which point the letter may no longer be required).

• 2 weeks later...

I am intending to speak with the Archives Elf when I am able.

I invite all those who have signed to be present for the discourse. I would that diplomacy and mutual respect be observed, so please do not attend if thou thinkst it were otherwise - especially as the Elf is the one who may grant favours, not ourselves.

I am aware that there may be others who also wish to ask favours of the elf, including favours of knowledge. As Aia of the other-realm is quite aware that her clock is shifted for inconvenience, if there were aught who would wish audience of the Elf, please post within this thread of thine intent, that I may ask the Elf on thy behalf if thou wert absent.

Blessings.

• 2 months later...