Public Altcheck Request

Ledah

Evening all,

I like to keep an eye on things in the game, especially now that some better players than me unfortunately don't have the time to play MD as actively as me. In the past I've raised concerns about alt abuse, for example what was dubbed "triangle trading" - where you use an intermediary to either transfer items to your alts or otherwise using alts to benefit your main - think using them to win a quest for someone else and have the winner transfer a cut/fee to your main.

I usually raise these privately but I've decided to raise this one publicly as I feel there are a few people skirting a bit too close to the margins for my liking - and they keep doing it, despite the consequences I have personally tried to heap on them over the last few years.

I believe Aamon is an alt of a player involved in this series of trades, with the spellstones (screenshots attached). Therefore, I am asking for a GM to run an altcheck - I hope I am wrong and I look like an absolute plum, but I have a gut feeling on this one.

Most importantly, I feel that Confused Santa is not giving us presents becuase there are naughty players around. I saw this and this looks very naughty. If we punish this maybe we will get our presents.

chatlog.png

transferlog.png

This is cute.

I'm glad you suspect me of alt abuse, as you've accused me of such when I first came here. 

However I don't know why Death ray passed me the stones as I did not even ask for them or anything from him for that matter. 

I also see the creation owner is a Blackshade rider and I don't kown who that is. Though I have seen the player name pop in the realm a few times. 

And on another note yes I did steal the unmeltable snowflake however it has nothing to do with presents not being given. That is actually your fault for being a careless player with your kill tool killing as you want,  just as you killed me and was upset I revived myself within 3 days. However if you read the clues when dead then you should know being a vet that reviving one's self is easy if you pay attention

Aside from that though, happy new year 😀

• Root Admin

While an altcheck will never happen out of public curiousity, it can certainly happen out of abuse concerns, but even so, the outcome of the check might not be publicly disclosed (maybe only if it ends up with a sort of punishment for the involved parties)

Alternate identities to play alternate roles, is a sacred concept here in md, and any alt abuse should be regarded through this perspective also.

I will conduct a search when and if i consider needed. If you find additional abuse proof please publish here or send to me, but for now this only looks to me like you grabbed onto a minor thing to try to confirm a suspicion, and i can't help you about that.

• Root Admin

In addition to this, i want to say something about mentoring new players when they are in fact undercover vets, as this happened to me many times and i admit its frustrating.

It is frustrating, but if you think about it better, an "OK" alt, should be allowed to go through this process to. In many cases there are fossilized vets, that suddenly realize they lost connection with how md works, and want to experience it allover again, including how to it is to be a noob and work their way from the ground up..and this is fully allowed. Maybe one day you will want to experience this yourself, and you will understand why i support this kind of thing.