Celebrating 100.000 accounts

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

Yup, much earlier than i was expecting. Finaly 100k accounts since the game was started. A lot of them are no longer active and i will do a cleanup soon, but 100.000 accounts is a number that still counts.

I still remember when i counted players like 200, 500, 1000! ;))

I am curious what number it will be in one year from now, and most important how many players will have over 1 year activity, ..actualy there are a few right now.

Heh. Give me 1 day and ill get you 500.000 players before you realise!
Just let me find that spam bot... J/k heh :P

But i still remember when i joined (202 days ago to be exact :P) there were very few people, and look now :D! Im number 31629:D My guess is that the numbers will double-up for next year if things keep going like this.

Now i just need to find a suitable cake to celebrate!

I would hope this game grows a lot faster than just another 100k in a year, Braiton! I'm 46797, and I only just joined in June! The game has doubled in size in just a few months!

[quote name='Chewett' post='18101' date='Oct 9 2008, 12:51 AM']the game will continue to grow because its a GREAT game.

P.S. my id is only 1619[/quote]

You old geezer. :P

Well I can't say I'm a total Veteran, though it's nice to know I'm still Older than Ren :P Still it's been interesting to see the social life grow from a few small areas (I remember the Archives being always dead, as well as most areas not directly next to Willows and the Sanctuaries), to people claiming areas for their own social Interactions. [i]Makes a mental note to Keep an eye on what Whispers are passing through Whisper Alley these days[/i]

Oh and while everyone else is giving their IDs, 40871 is from my first Account (Bootes was originally my Alt :P), I think that is from April or May of this year...

I'm 46356... I'm surprised to see that I was also a bit older than Ren... I remember him already being an LHO when I was just a newb =b.
I joined about 4 months and a few weeks ago, so the game has doubled players in just that amount! No wonder I see so many new MP4 and 5s lately, when I started there was hardly any mp4 around, and the only mp5s are the ancient ones =b

Congrats to MD for being so awesome! =D

Hehehe...I still remember that Bunny was surprised to see my ID (35677), something about not knowing that there were that many accounts already.

I really can't call myself a veteran either, but it certainly feels weird that I've experienced a lot from the earlier stages of MD. *gets the urge to tell "When I was a MP3..." stories* xDD

@Ren: lol..."Mini-Wodin" xD

[quote name='dst' post='18164' date='Oct 9 2008, 04:53 PM']Mur is 381 days old. God! Even dinosaurs were roaming free back then....[/quote]

Muratus del Mur was not actually Manu's first account. How many people remember King Manu (in the game not on the forum)?

By the way in terms of user ID thats nothing, mine is 1766 beat that ;)
I even still have a Chaos Archer that was the first creature I got when I first came out of story mode who's creature ID is 6855 (I keep it around for nostalgia).

I remember when ugauga was the admin of this forum. I got into nasty argument with him about sacrifice values for Elemental I. I regret it now though I still think I was right.

• Root Admin

just that you know, numbering of accounts start with 1000 not with 1 so if you are id 1600 it means you are player no 600 ..thats soemthing!

King Manu account was indeed a cheating account, used for testing and to show off back then, it is also the account with id 1 ..as a symbol of the starting of the game.

id's from 100-200 are reserved for NPC characters and some other special characters like knaty.

Btw, who has acc no 100000 ? its one player "kensmoke", i hope he becomes an active player

it will come a day when you will consider yourself lucky if you will have accounts under the million range :D)))

ID=100657 so i was close to being the 100000th one

which would be 101000 since the counting started with

1000 unless you take manu's #1 account from that

which would make the 100000 account really 100999 :D

I'm just trying to work this out in my Head how its possible.

I see like a few hundred online at once, is there like multiple servers?

My friend created a browser based web game that is no charge it all, and I think its pretty good, and I would guess its at around 6,000 or 7,000 unique accounts (not counting people who play 5 characters from the same IP), and there are typically between 250-500 people online at any given time.

I would think if MD had 100,000 people that there would be hundreds at most locations and thousands at place like the wind sanctuary. Am I missing something?

[quote name='poleritude' post='18339' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:30 PM']I'm just trying to work this out in my Head how its possible.

I see like a few hundred online at once, is there like multiple servers?

My friend created a browser based web game that is no charge it all, and I think its pretty good, and I would guess its at around 6,000 or 7,000 unique accounts (not counting people who play 5 characters from the same IP), and there are typically between 250-500 people online at any given time.

I would think if MD had 100,000 people that there would be hundreds at most locations and thousands at place like the wind sanctuary. Am I missing something?[/quote]Not all 100k of them are online at once. Unfortunately, there are a good number of accounts that aren't active anymore, but they're still sitting around. Don't spoil the fun. :D