MD End of year award cermony

Gargant

MD awards  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so here's my idea.

It's coming up to the end of the year and I think that it might be nice if we host some sort of 'MD awards' like the oscars or somthing.

Maybe some of the Avy guys could draw up some awards and there could be a small stat boost to category winners.

what I want to know here is whether you think this is a good idea, what your ideas for categories would be (They don't need to be serious as such, as long as they are fair)

Some of my thoughts were:

Best RPC
Best LHO
Best Quest
Weirdest quote (Sponsored by Yami No Sakura)
Award for outstanding services to MD (MD's equivalent of the lifetime achievement award)
Most convincing alt

These are just some ideas

Any others are welcome.
Also any nominations you wish to make should this idea go ahead.

Garg.

Edited by Grido

That would be the beauty of the 'most convincing alt', they would have to nominate their own alt since nobody else would know that they were an alt. Thus revealing their alt to be an alt.

OH THE IRONY!

Garg.

(Okay how about 'least convincing alt'?)

what about the most bored award? or the longest FAQ award? or just the longest page award (this might be restricted to[spoiler] those with access to the RPC servers, in other words [/spoiler]PWD's, RPC's, and I think LHO's can to .... not sure) i know that i could think of more awards but my mind isn't bored enough right now.

just some questions:
Best RPC
role playing or in general?
Best LHO
does dojo staff count?
Best Quest
uhhmmm easiest or best reward?
wouldn't that make people say stupid things on purpose?
Award for outstanding services to MD (MD's equivalent of the lifetime achievement award)
Manu wins... =P
Most convincing alt
no question there...

okay.

BEst RPC:
Who plays their role the best (Mostly for players who actually play a role and not admin types like shoeps or Jonn)
Best LHO:
I guess it could include dojo staff as well
Best quest:
Most fun to complete
Weirdest quote:
No it'll only be from her list so far. I'll get her to submit her favourite five quotes and from there you can vote on them
Yes Mur will most likely get the Lifetime achievement award.

Okay. I've petitioned chewett to set up a separate forum for the awards comittee, (Which currently consists of...me)

So we'll see what happens from there.

It'll be easier for me to keep everything in the same place and have separate votes for things and a place for categories, a place for nominations etc.

Garg.

Got another one:

Best backstory: The best character introduction in the forums.

oh and Best personal Papers: Who has the best looking papers in game.

Category suggestions will close on Friday 21st of november.

Nominations will then start, they will end on the 6th of december.

Then there will be a voting period between the 6th and the 19th of december.

The results will be announced in a big party somewhere in MD (not sure where this will be, but i'm hoping to get mur's support in this to make it a really big event). The party will be held on Sunday 23rd of december.

Is this date okay for everyone? If not I'll host the event between christmas and new year.

Garg.

ahmm...23rd december would be a tuesday xD
sunday is the 21st^^
and i suggest not making it on the weekend before christmas, better in the week before ( between 15th and 20th), or on monday/tuesday before 24th, because i guess most of us will have some way of xmas celebrations at work or with their friends on that weekend...
and after xmas there is xmas vacation and new year, that's a bad time for a bigger event^^

Yes sorry. I was looking at november, you are quite right burns it is the 21st.

Hows this then:

Voting ends on the 12th (leaving only one week for voting)
ceremony on the 15th.

This will give me the weekend to process the votes.

Best RPC

Best LHO

Best Quest

[s]Most Convincing Alt[/s]

Least Convincing Alt

Best Backstory

Best Personal Papers

Best PWR

Best Non-RPC/PWR Role

Most Vaulable Alliance

Most Vauled Protector

Rookie of the Year (under 60 days but over 20 )

[i]EDIT: 11/18/08[/i]

[quote name='Granos' post='20136' date='Nov 17 2008, 06:32 PM']Best LHO

Best LHO

Least Convincing Alt

Best Backstory

Best Personal Papers

Best PWR

Most Vaulable Alliance[/quote]

hmm lhos are that much popular now that you mentioned them 2 times O.O wow

least convincing alts, yea i think my libs win here XD

hmm backstory and papers, i dont want to submit my backstory to forum, i want everyone to read it in my papers, and it seams that i will need to do some make-up on my papers, i am soo lazy :))

hmm best pwr.... this is interesting

and SOE is the best right?? :yahoo:

Okay I'm hoping that chewett will see sense now that we have Mur's backing.

The category 'most convincing alt' is to be removed.

On top of this. Please wait to post nominations, as there si a possibility that I might lose them in the sea of posts that this idea seems to be getting.

If the new topic gets set up for it then I'll put a special bit for noms in there.

Please keep this bit for category suggestions and basically showing your support.

(Yes I know I said that this should be for nominations but I didn't count on getting this much of a positive reaction, btw who voted NO, Really! I mean...COME ON! Seriously! *sigh*)

Thanks
Garg.

That's a god one Yami

I'll add it to the list.

Also If Mur reads this again please could you give your views on creating a small subforum for the awards, it would allow me to keep everything in order and we wouldn't muck up your pristene forums with loads of votes and topics and things.

(If either shoeps or mur could also message chewett on it cos he seems to be ignoring me :( )

Garg