Historic Documents, Legends in Loreroot.

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Kragel [/b]: '[b]umm ... who was allowed to vote fot the positions on the council seats[/b], and who has say on appointing the top 3 spots as I understand they are handled in separate ways can you explain here so all can see?'[/quote]

these questions were answered by Tarquinius ... thank you ...

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Amoran[/b]: '[b]All of loreroot was allowed to vote on council seat positions. [/b]It was Loreroot and Loreroot's guilds decision on who lead what. '[/quote]

if all of LR was allowed to vote then this is good ... I was ask to vote and even offered a seat and because of my neutrality i turned it down the crafters are and will be neutral always as we serve all not only one land ... this counts if we stay in loreroot or if we do get changed to MDA a neutral land as i have ask...

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Burns[/b]: 'may i further ask who 'all of loreroot' are?
like, only members of lorerootian guilds and the GotR before they dissolved, or also all players who claimed that their role was connected with LR?'[/quote]

this is a valid question again it was answered by Tarquinius

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Amoroan[/b]: 'The members of lorerootian guilds and the guardian of the root alliance before they were dissolved.'[/quote] and here by Amo ...

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Tarq: [/b]'We have created [b]a super-structure for Loreroot,[/b] again according to the wishes of BlackThorn. We wish to cooperate with each other - Guardians, Eclipse, Savelites, and (if they want to) Crafters. This [b]cooperation gives Loreroot[/b] as a land the seeming of being united, rather than just another place on the map.'[/quote]

this i think could be handled well with some information posted in the forum as to who when why and where the super structure was brought into existence

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Amoran:[/b] '[b]Appointed by elected council:[/b]

[b]Council President - Karak[/b]
High Mystic - .Amoran.

General of War - None appointed currently.

Elected by those in the Loreroot alliance:[/quote]

self explanatory ...

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Speaker of Root - Firsanthalas[/b]
Sheriff of Root - *IBRUZU*
Warden of Root - .Tarquinus.
Speaker of the Law - None currently, Lorerootian elections are open.'[/quote]

again self explanatory ... some records of this would help calm everyone tho .... just numbers nothing personal has to be told ie ( so in so was nominated by a group of RL peers and was voted in by a vote of XX for and X against ...

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]Firsanthalas : 'QUOTE
Karak, as President of Council, is the leader of the Guardians of the Root Alliance.

This is the first that I have heard of this blink.gif When was this decided? '[/b][/quote]
seems someone did not get a message here and or maybe did not get a vote ... a good lesson to learn for next time ..

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM'][b]
PLS NOTE: KRAGEL IS FROM LOREROOT AN DFIRS FROM THE COUNCIL .[/quote]
yes i am for now and again i have said i will stay out of the voting or picking because i and 100% neutral and wish to stay that way aling with the Crafters Guild ... hell we could be placed in necro and i would still fight to show everyone we are neutral ... again tho this is one reason i have ask to change homelands ...

[quote name='Akasha' post='31077' date='May 14 2009, 09:13 AM']I think you all need to look over the statements and tell me are they contradicting themself or not? ? [/b][/quote]
in over looking all of this i have to say one more thing

this is getting way out of hand on all sides ... Akasha was trying to insight interest back into the LR forum and bring it back to life with a couple of questions ... this is done ....

forum was lost and found again good

Amoran the new leader is being defensive ... thats a good thing

but several have made personal insults and this needs to stop if everyone would take a step or 10 back they would see the questions that were ask have been answered

the chats and records to show the evolving of LR and how the super structure can be found and posted im sure and that will take care of that

so im asking all parties to please stop with the insults and everything else and let this topic close before the flaming becomes too personal and ends up hurting friendships and the game

i hope all can agree with this and this can be moved past so we can all get back to enjoying this wonderful community we all make up

this is the last 2c i will toss to this topic
Kragel

@aeo: why do you think politics are no fun? do you think we RL-older players don't want some fun?^^

in time you will understand ;-)

on-topic:

Akasha, your nice little quote-list does not at all meet the point you want to make... at least i think so, but i haven't realized all of your points yet XD

anyways, i think that after all that questioning we did here, things are transparent enough, and if one really cared for that matters you could even find out who voted in that elections... i think it was Pample who was doing the counting, right?

so, all in all i think we can lay the disputes on how we call the lore-allies and how the forum should be used aside and have some kind of peaceful coexistance again, can't we?
EDIT: [i hate peaceful coexistances, but better that than some more flaming with nobody but Loukas contributing to the topic, imo]

Edited by Burns

because politics is fun for adults.
and no, i won't understand in time.
and fun ends where another person's freedom begins. quote from the "educate the idiot in you" campaign.
so stop it. if you want politics, then go somewhere else. would you like me to come and throw pies and play checkers at your country's parliament building???

and you can have fun otherwise.
BESIDES you have monopolised (you as adults) the entire MD system. it is increibly tough for a kid to get anywhere. in an alliance. or even to talk to someone else.

as i said, fun ends where another person's freedom starts.
and don't treat me like a kid just because i am one. i'm a lot smarter than i seem >.< grr

[quote]Firsan you were in the freaking meeting when it was decided, you even voted. I have records to prove it now stop it.[/quote]

I voted for Karak to be President. I am not disputing that Karak is President of the Council or that I voted for him. I am however questioning the remark that Karak is also the Leader of GOTR. Currently you are the leader of GOTR as you occupy that slot. If Tarquinus made a mistake in his statement, then Tarquinus or anyone else can say so. Don't try to make out that I said or agreed to something I didn't.
A statement was made in public. I questioned that statement. If it was an error, then say so and all can see it and understand. Don't jump down my throat for speaking up about something that I felt was incorrect.

Aeo, the correct quote would be 'One persons [color="#FF0000"]freedom[/color] ends where another persons freedom begins', or a bit more concrete "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins" (Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.), according to Wikiquote ;-)

that's got nothing to do with fun, and we definitely don't interfere with your freedom of speech or 'freedom of playing' (even though that's not one of your rightful freedoms, as this is Mur's private product, but that's a different question), if you don't want to participate in politics, leave it to us and we won't even interfere with your fun^^

and well, allies are about politics, no matter if this game or another...

and i never said you would be less important than the 'adults' because that's just not true!!

PS: i would like you to come and throw pies on our politicians, they deserve it... and i'd like to see a kiddie getting a good beating on 8 Pm-news for insulting our politicians, too XD

Edited by Burns

[quote name='Firsanthalas' post='31141' date='May 15 2009, 06:46 AM']I voted for Karak to be President. I am not disputing that Karak is President of the Council or that I voted for him. I am however questioning the remark that Karak is also the Leader of GOTR. Currently you are the leader of GOTR as you occupy that slot. If Tarquinus made a mistake in his statement, then Tarquinus or anyone else can say so. Don't try to make out that I said or agreed to something I didn't.
A statement was made in public. I questioned that statement. If it was an error, then say so and all can see it and understand. Don't jump down my throat for speaking up about something that I felt was incorrect.[/quote]
I made a mistake, and issues of terminology - which I have said above I don't really care about, despite some very high-pitched inisistence that it matters - are part of the problem.

Amoran is the systemic and symbolic leader of the Guardians of the Root alliance. Who is the actual leader of that alliance matters little to me: it can have a secret leader, a junta, or be an anarchy, and I feel that is nobody's business but the Guardians'. Not the Eclipse's. Not the general MagicDuel public's. Nobody else's but the Guardians'.

Similarly, if the Guardians wish to punish or otherwise change the composition of their membership, I have nothing to say about that, just as I would disregared anyone else's recommendation about conduct in the Eclipse - [b]except[/b] where it involved matters affecting joint diplomacy. To name one example, I disciplined a knight - twice - for violating the joint-alliance non-aggression treaty with Guerrilla Golemicarum (he kept attacking Grido, and Grido rightly lodged a complaint.)

Karak, as president of Council, presents a unified face for the alliances of Loreroot. In that sense, he is our "leader", and I believe his calm, unflappable demeanour amply demonstrates why you, I, Ibruzu, and Amoran voted in Council to select him. Out of respect for BlackThorn, I called our alliance of alliances "the Guardians of the Root." My mistake: that was a bad idea, as it seems to cause confusion. I believe you, Firsanthalas, understand Karak's position, scope and limitations of authority, and role. I publicly apologise to you, Firsanthalas, for my carelessness in terminology, and offer this clarification to those watching this topic.

aeo, thing is this game isnt for kids, in same way as it isnt for adults, this game is for everyone who can comprehend how this game works, one of main things in this game but not only one, is building of society, and that includes politics and many many more aspects from real life, if you dont understand that, or if you dont want to mess with that, then dont, you can still just fight, do casual roleplaying, and other stuff, but almost everything is politics!! not just here, every game that has more than 2 players includes some types of politics

btw please get back on topic