Should Lightsage be allowed to return?

dst

Lightsage's fate  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

let me put this very simply, and i'd like to point out first that i do like Lightsage, and got on with him whenever we chatted in game

regardless of what he did, Lightsage did something which he had previously been warned about, that if he did again he would get banned, and he did it again, and he got banned

i see no complications in that, no confusion, to me it's very simple, that as much as i liked him, as friendly, nice or helpful he may have been, he should remain banned as that was the punishment that was stated he would recieve before he committed the act

I do not know Lightsage and I do believe that he should be punished for breaking a rule by using alts to help a main character.

Since it has been the HC that he has been cheating on maybe all his characters involved should be banned from being apart of the HC. I think there should be other restrictions placed on his characters and be put on probation of a sorts. If he messes up again then should be banned for good.

Another option could be to reset his main character back to a Mp3 with or with out all his creatures (which if possible have them reset too with the tokens that he has) and put a tag and description on him saying what he has done and etc. This may or may not be just punishment but I think with all that has gone on now Lightsage knows that Mur is serious about him being banned for cheating.

P.S. How did he cheat the first time? Was it the same exact way?

[quote name='Assira the Black' date='06 July 2009 - 06:35 AM' timestamp='1246842315' post='36239']
Another option could be to reset his main character back to a Mp3 with or with out all his creatures (which if possible have them reset too with the tokens that he has) and put a tag and description on him saying what he has done and etc. This may or may not be just punishment but I think with all that has gone on now Lightsage knows that Mur is serious about him being banned for cheating.
[/quote]
If you wanna do that... why not just keep his account banned.. Mur did say he can make a new account and come to play again.
And i see Grido making a very good point.. so banning him is correct i think.. he could return with a new account and play again

Edited by Death Bell

Since Lightsage would be allowed to come back into the game as an alt, I think if he wants he should at least get his account back but have it be basically reset. The reason I say this is because I really like my name, and wouldn't want to have to pick another one. Overall it really doesn't make too much difference on the punishment, but a name can be very important to the player who uses it. Also this would allow him to continue his "RP" and let Czez continue her character's role.

I actually voted yes he should come back, this is just my idea for if the majority votes no, which is how its looking.

Excuse me, but ... I see no facts here. Really.

I know what he wanted to do (win HC).
I know that he didn't wanted to use his main char (just as many other alts won before).
I know that he had a REALLY STRONG policy on not using his alts.

But what I don't know is ... did he gave heads from his main char to the another ?

Really , please explain me what are YOU arguing here ?

What I really don't know is who was pissed on kask winning this HC ? We all know that above this "alt abuse" that we hear more and more , there is another kind of abuse : power (no quotes here).

I know what I know, I know what you say, I know the guy and I play this game for quite a while. So, until I see some real evidence that he helped this kask char with his alt ... I consider him NOT guilty.

PS: the only mistake I see here is that he tried to win HC on MP5 (and not MP3 as other alts).

Anyway, LS, I am with you.

I voted no. Not because of anything against Lightsage because I like the guy. This is a perfect example to set for others though. I, like others, have tried to win at the HC and noticed usually the only people to win are those who the elite players with crazy monsters help to win. Not a big deal. Then when MP2's got moved to the gazebo it went crazy with people creating MP2's by the droves to use imaginary rituals that has no down side to gain an advantage to the HC.

Perhaps with this public display, others will think more wisely about cheating in a contest, that while unfair, should be at least competable.

wait a moment...

No one, i value your opinion, but i _dearly_ hope that Mur has such proofs and just doesn't want to show them off at the moment, becasue if Light did only gather heads with one account, the ban would be totally unreasonable, and Mur doesn't make such decisions lightly...

i assumed it to be clear that Light used more than one account to play in this contest, and mur took this as reason to ban him, because if Light just uses his accs one after the other to win the contest on fair terms, 'tis absolutely wrong to ban him... seriously, you cant ban people because they are better than the rest O_o

[quote name='Burns' date='06 July 2009 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1246883687' post='36297']
wait a moment...

No one, i value your opinion, but i _dearly_ hope that Mur has such proofs and just doesn't want to show them off at the moment, becasue if Light did only gather heads with one account, the ban would be totally unreasonable, and Mur doesn't make such decisions lightly...

i assumed it to be clear that Light used more than one account to play in this contest, and mur took this as reason to ban him, because if Light just uses his accs one after the other to win the contest on fair terms, 'tis absolutely wrong to ban him... seriously, you cant ban people because they are better than the rest O_o
[/quote]

I don't blame mur or LS, I just say that, as I know , LS is NOT guilty of what he is accused of.

I will discuss with both of them (not only about this) and I will post the result here (yes, even if mur states his opinion).

Edited by No one

Ok, do i think Lightsage should be allowed to return? I would say Yes. While what he did is pretty nasty and dumb on his part (especially the repeat?? Cmon dude!), I believe there must be something the creative community of MD can come up with better than a permanent ban. I'm definately not in favor of his actions, but if you all remember last time he cheated in heads, Mur gave all those affected another shot at heads plus they received the rewards. I just don't feel hurt or affected by his cheating strongly enough to want him gone. He knows alot about MD, and on more than a few occasions has been very helpful. If he would quit abusing his powers, i know he would be an asset to the game and its players.

*laughs evily* Watch as my alt army turns the poll in my favor! But seriously. I really want to know specifics here, and why is there no court case? What would be a better situation for a case? Yeah, I understand Mur would be the judge anyway, and there's no jury so to speak, but there have not been any specifics made public here. Seems silly to have a poll based on our ignorance...

Wait, so at the court, Mur is judge, there's no jury, and being the programmer...

COMING NEXT FALL-----JUDGE MUR. He's judge, jury and... EXECUTIONER! (Sorry, I'm bored...)

while I have no idea who the guy is, any of the facts, aside of the HC competition, all I can say, in my opinion I'd make a three tally system where it starts with warning/probation, second, (eras now) a thick punishment, the judge's choice of punishment. and three's being banned. all my opinion, and based off the Alaskan-American punishment for DUIs.

[quote name='zalabar' date='07 July 2009 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1246981477' post='36460']
while I have no idea who the guy is, any of the facts, aside of the HC competition, all I can say, in my opinion I'd make a three tally system where it starts with warning/probation, second, (eras now) a thick punishment, the judge's choice of punishment. and three's being banned. all my opinion, and based off the Alaskan-American punishment for DUIs.
[/quote]

i like zalabar's idea, if not for this occasion then perhaps for future offenses. on second offense, take away the thing most precious to the said offender (ie. strongest creature, spell or item) as decided upon by some judge or group of judges. i hold no real sympathy nor knowledge of this offender, but if nothing is done then there is no reason to fear any warnings about breaking rules. Cheating is a choice freely made.

as long as these procedures are followed through, then there will be no debate in the future about fairness of the punishment. banning is the steepest of punishments and until something dear is taken away from the offender they might feel as if this would never happen. i don't really think anyone deserves this much leeway but the people seemingly affected most are the friends left behind.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to say that there is no such thing as a victimless crime. Its easy to think that nobody suffers from things that might seem trivial at times, but that simply isn't the case. I feel that the HC in general has been mired by Lightsage's actions. Even when he wasn't cheating he has pulled some stunts in his time.
Although it isn't a rule, MD is a game and enjoyment is part of it. When our actions result in other people's enjoyment suffering, we damage the game for everyone. We've seen more than one debate lately about the actions of people and the effects on the game and others. We can't have a situation were people are above the rule of law. It just causes upset and encourages some to continue along those lines and others seeing this will either follow suit or question why they bother to try and play fair.
You could say that Mur is a victim here too. He has been more than fair I think. He has given multiple warnings and it seems that his good nature was just abused.
I won't pretend to know the solution or the correct course of action here, but I feel as has already been said, if Lightsage is to return, then the punishment should be creative. Letting him return as a new character has no guarantee that he won't just continue where he left off.
This is not a case of doing the crime and doing the time. There has to be recognition of wrong doing and a willingness to try not (or inability) to re-offend.