Torch Competition

Blackwoodforest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fought for both NML and MB. When fighting for MB, I would lose all my AP when still on friendly territory, but then when I entered NML, the Underground, I was able to move more freely. And I would lose whatever AP I had, whether it was 70 or 140. But the same was true for when I carried for NML (from the Underground)

Also, can MDA be included in the Torch fun too, please! :( Perhaps the Captial could be the Indexed Room of Memories, the Great Hall of the Sun or just the front entrance of the building.

i think torchholders should get a set regen-time of 5 or 10 minutes, because every step consumes all ap...
that way, people with strong, but extremely long regens (like the Golemus allies) have a much harder time than the allies with weaker, but shorter regen intervals (dst actually went from Ravenhold to Wind's and back in the same time that i needed to get from Ravenhold to Marble Dale Park -.-)

i'm not complaining about that, just pointing out that people might find the contest fairer that way... unless we want another unfair contest like Heads, which i'd personally like a lot more :(

ah fast double regen pwns :( few days before torch contest get 20 creats trained at lvl 1 to met requirements for maxed level get torch stay in capitol :D ya cant be attacked and ya get double and faster regen :D which is awesome becoz ya will max all those creats in no time :D and if ya are in need of ve :D just get out of sanct and move a bit around to recover some ve, ya can do this since it is your land so ya lose 1 ap per move :D

So restricting access, does that mean that more places won't be accessible? I know it says deeper access will be allowed for people with torches, is that no longer the case? Also, it'd be nice if you could move twice and attack, but I suppose if you just move different it'd work. The way it is you can't move once and attack. You can attack and then move twice though. If the opponent passes your location, you can't move to them and fight, which is kinda annoying. Perhaps if fighting were to be reduced to cost 1 Ap if you had the torch? Or reducing Ap down to 10 if you move, and then if Ap is under 10 and you move it becomes 0?

[color="#2e8b57"][i]I'm dead but stuck outside winds capitol. havent been transported back to loreroot.

IF you are dead, Can other players still attack you if they are not in the competition?[/i][/color]

If you're dead you can't be attacked. And perhaps it'd be nice if attacking had nothing to do with Ap while carrying a torch.

"Carry your torch with pride because you won't be able to access such places while competing or if you are tagged during this competion." What's that mean?

I understand things have been shut down for the competition, but can't access such places if you are tagged? What's that mean?

Edited by Guybrush Threepwood

I just wanted to buy something in the defensive towers interior and it says me this:

[i]Carry your torch with pride because you won't be able to access such location while you are competing or if are taged during this competition.

Good luck[/i]

But I don´t wear a torch, neither have I worn any from loreroot. I have achieved one point for Marind Bell´s...

well if you dont get a single point for just taking it to the other side... can you let least minimize the amount of ap it takes to kill sum1? for when i make one movement it takes all my ap except 1 ap... now i cant attack any1 with that 1 ap... and by the time i get more ap the other fellow has moved.

• Root Admin

To me it seems as if the torch competion is more like a Turn based strategy game.

You either choose to move or attack in one turn (a regen cycle) and while others do the same all trying to achieve a goal of some kind, you could choose to run ahead and get the torch or stay in wait slowly moving killing people.

I quite like it.

yea ya have to think a bit, but once ya get it its very simple, i like it this way how it is

but on other hand defenders have overpowered mobility on theirs land so to speak
maybe it would be better if ya move with exploring points, on yours and nml ya lose 1 xpl for each more on enemy's land ya lose all but one for each move, so moving will be same as it is now, but it will slightly reduce defenders mobility, while only attacking would consume ap

Except you can't attack after moving. Since people can move twice, if they move past you on a regen you can't get them. If you move to attack them you can't attack. Now if moving was regular when you were in your own land you'd have that choice, but as is, if someone leap frogs past you, then there's no point in trying to go get them, as you won't catch them unless you regen before they do.

yeah that true wat he just said... You have to be really really lucky to get a kill... like have the enemy come onto your spot before you were going to move.. otherwise we cant kill them at all... unelss of course you use free voting :P
Omg and why does it say Torch is over i thought it was a test run thats why i didnt take part at all.

Edited by Death Bell

[i]Torch competition ended
The torch competition ended! The final score for each land is as follows:
Loreroot 11,
Golemus Golemicarum 2,
Necrovion 1,
The rewards went to the national treasury of each land, their distribution depends on the internal organising of each faction.[/i]

1. I DID score 1 point for MDA lands....where is the point counter?
2. If I am not part of any alliance, does it means i am now screwed because I dont get anything? How do I know who is responsible for which land etc?

It WAS a test run...

Edited by Blackwoodforest

loreroot had help from dst and no one :P

and Black, when did you score for MDA? you have no idea when the test stopped and the actual competition started, as you might remember, mur stated that there would be a test-run first and the first real competition right afterwards...
so why should he do a new announcement for the start of the real competition?
and why do you think you deserve a reward? Mur already said that the land admins (i guess Pample, Lib, Marv, Firs, Yrth) have total conrol over those rewards and hwo they are distibuted, so you won't get one unless these people know that you worked a lot for their lands...
which will be easier to prove next time with the torch-score board :D

My question are ment generally, not especially my case. You might be right, if there has been a the real first competition right after the test run, I havent know and read this anywhere. I scored in the testphase yes, and i don´t cry for any lost reward, I just want to be sure the system works well and my score has been counted right. And from my point of view, a lot of players arent very into MD and the lands and roles from others, so it will be a great help for them if such thinks like "landlords" would be pronounced on a seperate torch contest description.

No Burns, Lore did not. Because I had no time to do it properly but I helped MB (with at least 2 torches). So it's strange why MB did not receive at least the 2 points I got (I am sure there were more but at least 2).
Strange...

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='10 July 2009 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1247230357' post='36704']
yea wot clock said is only thing that makes sense to me, since mb was most targeted land

secondly where exactly is that land treasury, coz in that tab up there called treasury i still see only mdnp and artisans treasury and nothin else
[/quote]

Also, it may be that dst scored during the testing and not te actual competition.