Rewards Of The Drachorn Chase

Shadowseeker

Opinions please.  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, here's the scorelist:

.Grido. 36 1
*Awiiya* 32.5 1
Amoran 31.5
Shantu 31.5
Jester 29 2
Ledah 27.5 3
MRV 24 1
Marvolo 23 3
ladytwin 23
krazedkid101 ID: 9767 23
Kafuuka 22.5
Mya Celestia ID:129416 22 2
BrightShield 21 2
.Chewett. 21 1
CrazyMike 20 1
Willem RedBeard 20
*Clock Master* 20
dst 19 1
Phantom Orchid ID:141255 18.5
ScotinBelgie 18 1
Death Ring 18 1
*Sagewoman* 17.5
Poppitz Resurrection 17.5
Czez 17 2
*Princ Rhaegar* 17 1
King Daimon 17
MRPip 16.5 1
Mythrandir ID: 38628 16 1
Guybrush Threepwood 16 1
Sparrhawk 16
Blackwood Forest 16
Burns 16
phantasm 15.5 3
redneck (ID:151251) 15 2
Unbelievable Power ID: 103695 15
adiomino 14.5 1
Granos 14.5
MRI 14
Tom6 Id 66717 14
Cless 12.5 1
Death Ray 12.5 1
Handy Pockets (ID:136253) 12.5
.Pamplemousse. 11.5
No one 11.5
AqlBeast 11
Gauge 10
JacoAnd 9.5
Demonwulf 8.5
Jtz Champion, ID 79270 8
.Udgard. 6.5
Gremlin ID:33164 5

This order:
1)Name 2)Score 3)Reward(Real silver you can get from me, if any..you needed to get questsilver here to get some)

The idea is this..nobody managed to get the drachorn, although some got close. The score list bases off your silver, your QP, and your special items..
Silver counts as 1, current QP each point 0.5, max QP each point 0.5. Special items modify this way, leaving the others which nobody has out:
Scarf +2
1/3 map +5
Call unused +0, additional dice roll (in the drach roll)
Token +3
Coded Map +15
Lair +5
Shield +3
Both Equip +1

Special Event:
I'm dead? -5 score..goes to Gremlin.

Death Ray can get either a +15 score boost OR additional 4 silver to the one coin he'd normally receive for using the Call of the Knight on the last day....unlike other people.

Now, the following. People can either choose to roll in the Drach quest (I roll) if they want to, then they get no silver/WP. (spelldoc was available, nobody unlocked it) If the result of the dices is either 00, 25, 50, 75 or 99 that person gets the drach. This means 5% chance.
The order is determined by score (highest goes first), and unless you have an unused call of the Knight, you only get one. If nobody gets it after reaching the bottom it repeats until someone does get it. Repeat means those with two rolls have two rolls only during the first attempt.

The ones with a call are:
ladytwin
.Chewett.
Granos
.Pamplemousse.

As for WPs:
Marvolo and Ledah are eligible, they'd get the WP and silver if they chose to, but no chance for drach.

Following events gave access to certain things (assuming you got enough score...10 for spelldoc, 20 for WP):
Death and me - Best friends. (Die three times) Unlock chance for WP and Spelldoc
Living forever (Get 20 Max QP) Unlock chance for WP
Money rules the world (get 10 silver) Unlock chance for WP
Heroic Acts (Never miss any round, never ignore) Unlock chance for Spelldoc
Sacrafice Water (In quest) Unlock chance for Spelldoc

Oh yeah, feel free to comment here, that's also why I added the poll.

I had three different ways to get to the lair..somehow only 1 got used from two people though. I'll post the data sheet here later, the solution sheet with all events which is needed for understanding the data might cost a small fee though..ask me if you're interested.

[b]IMPORTANT[/b]
Unless people say they want their silver (and possible WP) I assume they want the drach. They have time until the weekend or next one, depending on when I want to roll. Write here if you want silver to be sure, or send me a PM here/ingame.

Edited by Shadowseeker

It was quite random to me. I'd hoped that finding more pieces of the map would stop me from walking in circles and getting offered nauseating stew, but I never got there. It was a bit disappointing to read that it'd end before that.

Overall I think you're quite insane to do this without any automation.

Mhm..Well, I can tell you now:

2 more pieces (means 3 total) and you get to the Drachorn lair...another method was getting water in an empty bottle and sacraficing at the corresponding door.

The stew could be really good, either +3 perm QP, +5 QP, lose 5 QP or lose 1 perm QP...means the overall expection is to have sth positive.

And well, it ended mainly due to the fact that i have no automatisation..

If you were me, I'm pretty sure youd think similiar.

awww, not slaying the innocent dwarf to steal his gold potentially costed both the heroic act's spell doc (appreciate the irony ;) ) and the WP for 10 silver (have 7).
well, i'm not complaining. it was a fun concept, but the lack of any 'drachorn' related actions during the drachorn hunt struck me as a little odd.

Don't be too sure about the silver, the dwarf has a pretty nasty warhammer which he can strike you with ;)

Well, a drachorn is a rare creature..or supposed to be, that's why you won't find marks of it everywhere.

I'd find it fake if I were to say you find drachorn scales scattered everywhere or so. But, there's people who got to the Lair, (which would equal the Drachorn Lair ingame) and that's where the theme kicks in a bit.

it's a little disappointing that we didn't get the chance to do anything really, it was _all_ depending on luck, 'cept for that one question...

but i guess it was fairer that way, and i still like it =)

I dont understand this part...
Following events gave access to certain things (assuming you got enough score...10 for spelldoc, 20 for WP):
Death and me - Best friends. (Die three times) Unlock chance for WP and Spelldoc
Living forever (Get 20 Max QP) Unlock chance for WP
Money rules the world (get 10 silver) Unlock chance for WP
Heroic Acts (Never miss any round, never ignore) Unlock chance for Spelldoc
Sacrafice Water (In quest) Unlock chance for Spelldoc

thsoe are the requirement shadow set for gettign either spell doc or WP, and obviously nobody managed to get the spell-reqs done, and only ledah and Marvolo unlocked the WP, that's how i read that...
now i want to know which part ledah and marv managed, i guess it's the 20 QP xD

In fact, it's the silver..the data is up, enjoy looking people. Marv and Ledah both got 10 silver or more...nobody reached 20 max QP, which would be easiest by accepting the stew and drinking from fountains all the time.

And dst, the silver is seperate..so I'd rather not mix things. You were able to get that silver due to getting 6 or 7 questsilver, 8 or 9 means 2, 10 to 11 means 3...since it's real silver I offer here. Of course, many will see the chance for a drachorn as more valuable, but then again it's a chance only.

I really wish to leave it that way, one or the other, choosing one means abandoning the other entirely, not reaping profits for the choice either.

As for the quest, I see...people wish interactivity (which means endless work though), which I cannot afford seeing I have no way (or had, until the RPC changes are done) to make everything automatically. It was meant to be a fair quest, and I by myself would tend to give people I like better events and those I dislike more negative ones...hence how it turned out.

I'll try to keep this in mind for future quests.

EDIT:
for some reason it won't let me add the excel sheet I made..

http://shadowseeker.redio.de/Quest.xlsx

Here it is. Needs my answer sheet to make people be able to understand what everything means though.

Edited by Shadowseeker

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='15 July 2009 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1247670012' post='37139']
As for the quest, I see...people wish interactivity (which means endless work though), which I cannot afford seeing I have no way (or had, until the RPC changes are done) to make everything automatically. It was meant to be a fair quest, and I by myself would tend to give people I like better events and those I dislike more negative ones...hence how it turned out.[/quote]
Getting random events is indeed fair. The interactivity problem lies more in getting random results after we decide on an action, enhanced by having no idea about the odds - The stew is a lie! - and not that many actions to choose from. Although there was a riddle, but I managed to fail that one epically ;)

Aside automation, collaboration would reduce the workload too.
I don't know what the limits of rpc tools are, but rpc tools aren't the only method. They're probably easier to use than writing c++ code, but whatever they gain in simplicity, they loose again when trying complex things that they weren't designed for. If they are fit for this sort of quest, then the difficulty in writing should be similar to using python or some other script language.

[quote name='King Daimon' date='16 July 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1247773858' post='37270']
i cant understand a bit what reward i get or if i dont get anything at all...
[/quote]

Jester 29 2
Name QP Reward

if there is no 3rd entry I assume you don't get anything.