Question For Mur

Lozober

Would that be interesting?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hv seen the topic in-game about the MD Offline Board Game, and I was thinking about a REAL CARD GAME (NO TCG, meaning no expansions) hopefully taking the meaning of the game into cards...

I already hv some ideas and would like to continue this work, BUT i have to ask you to see if its ok.
If u agree, i can show you the game when its done so you can post it in-game.

But as i wouldnt like to make a game without geting the concept and the strategy of the game (i.e:the principles),could i ask u some questions about the game and his concepts and maybe organize a group for doing this game as a team?

A game that doesnt change(i mean, like poker never changed his rules), with strategy and else.

IF this is going to happen i would like everyone who could help me sign in this topic. Looking for:
-ppl with experience with the game and its meanings.(MP5)(concepts of cards and meaning)
-ppl with experience in TCG like Magic and else for the strategy and planning the rules/game.
-ppl with expertise in MWS(magic work station) for pure testing online, or u can do the set of cards by yourself.

plz MUR, pm me as soon as u can.
(many concepts i already have, just need ur authorization)
PS: im no employer/hv no business with the game industry, just fan of strategy games.
PS2: I am no noob, im a returning player with good ideas....hv been out of the game for some time.

Edited by Lozober

• Root Admin

You do realise that 99% of ideas directed at Mur wont get anywhere since only he will be likely to reply to them. and since he doesnt read the forums...

Ask Us what we think of the idea.

I like it in basics. care to explain more?

Sure, if thats ok and im really ABLE to do it....
I would gladly explain more, the problem is that i would like to explain to a close set of ppl so i dont give away the game entirely, anyway i can contact you or would u be signing in to be part of that group?

i meant about strategies, but here we go.

As Im trying to build a card game with no expansions the game wont be centered about creatures but really the player itself.
(as it is known that the creatures are a modification and a personality of the player that is in constant change(both).

The concept of the game will be the principles.
Using all the 10 of them every card will be divided as a principle, hving a set ammount of them in the entire pack.

As in the real game u often trade the force of ur creatures for a better profile, the game tries to copy that ever changing concept.
Both players will hv stats divided in 3 types(atk, def, power).In the beggining everything is zero.
The principles too will have their qualities divided in these 3 main types.
For the player to up his stats he will "use" one of their principle cards and put on the principle respective stat type(can be done one time per turn).

The player life force is called Energy, with it the players can use the combo power of the principles, and if it ever drop to 0 u loose. its their life and mana at the same time.

Altough it doesnt cost u life to turn principles into stats, it cost greatly to use the principles combo power as u are really "using/destroying" that ammount of principle. Every principle has a combo set, and a different one when combined with another principle for a greater cost. Principle combo power can be used too from the players stats.
Power is a one time use stat that u can "use" it to change the number of a combo power to +1 or -1.
Example:
Principle of light power: (+2) Energy Points.(Life Burst)
Principle of darkness power: The next(1) card the opponent would get, he cant see it and has to play with it without knowing it for X turns.(conceal card)
Combo light-darkness power: Hide (+2) Energy Points of the opponent or yours for X turns, function like they had lost and then regained.
Still in development but there are some concepts like, for every one with 15+ Ep he gets -1 energy point each turn and if 5-, then +1.

PS: didnt tell everything, and my head is a mess right now, trying to put everything on paper but its hard.

• Root Admin

Hi,
i am sure there are lots and lots of awsome ideas about how to do a card game related somehow to MD. The problem is that all the card games i see are almost the same and all are trying to copy Magic the Gathering initial concept, one way or an other. An other game with cards is not what i have in mind. Even if its posible to create it in a tottaly different way than current card games, there are so many card games that i want to avoid this.

I have other type of game in mind, something mixed between cards and something with tiles like GO game. The concept presented on that page is only the core logic, and i stoped it for a very long time because i had no time to continue it and the player feedback was low.

If you have an ideea out of the ordinary, i am interested to hear... but an other card game is way to commercial ideea for now and i am not interested in it.

An other possible continuation of MD in an offline environment is the MP8 level, consisting in a real world quest. The "offline" md game could be a set of rules for that stage and instructions on how to setup such a thing, because i do have some awsome tips and tricks that could help anyone setup a good RL quest / treasure hunt.

I am not in a hurry with any of these ideas, for now the "black letters" are the one step that follows in the offline direction, and after that i will see if all the things could summ up together into somehting or not, but i am not expanding MD into a cardgame just to make it bigger or to be like all the others.

Srry Mur, but i think u mis understood me.
MTG is a TCG(Trading Card Game), meaning they are centered mostly on the selling of many expansions, for the industry.
Wut im trying to make is a Card Game, like a card game played for the pure strategy thing and not to make the community bigger.
Could u plz at least give me a shot to try to do this?
I played MTG for many years, and i know the gameplay and strategy, and i ensure u that im not making a copy but geting a total newu concept from it.
Would u give me a shot?
If u give me some time i could show u some of the work really fast, and on the other hand u too could explain wut u hv in mind and i would be gladly to help.
PS: wut do u mean by GO game?

Edited by Lozober

• Root Admin

By GO game i mean a game that uses some kind of objects for the main play (not as counters) and cards as secondary game tools. For example it could use two types of stones to play (like black and white or gold and black) and a set of cards or disks to count things such as "lands" ,"abilities" or whatever other things there could be.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if we modeled a game after md (which btw is possible).....although a reasonable number of players might be 32, and the maximum being something like 96..... think that is big enough? although then we still are missing the point of md, and that is the role play.... you could make the fights, creatures, equiptment, lands, locations, AP, EP, titles, and description, and well.... it might be possible to fit the role play in there.... that could be how you win..... being the last one standing as the dust settles after the RP....... eliminate players from the game through it....

Edited by I am Bored

[quote name='I am Bored' date='30 August 2009 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1251672086' post='40486']
Well if we modeled a game after md (which btw is possible).....although a reasonable number of players might be 32, and the maximum being something like 96..... think that is big enough? although then we still are missing the point of md, and that is the role play.... you could make the fights, creatures, equiptment, lands, locations, AP, EP, titles, and description, and well.... it might be possible to fit the role play in there.... that could be how you win..... being the last one standing as the dust settles after the RP....... eliminate players from the game through it....
[/quote]

What would really be neat is creating Magicduel like the game, Risk! XD

I think it would be fun
if MD players could interact with each other not only by talking and fighting
but also by playing and gambling (like a silver coin or a creature) in a game between them

Perhaps a game of throwing cubes (perhaps painted)or something like the othello game would be quite intriguing for me

That still counts as gambling, gambling is illegal for people under a certain age (depends on country) and because money is involved inthis game as well, it is gambling.

So yeah, i'm against the gambling idea

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' date='09 September 2009 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1252515245' post='41339']
That still counts as gambling, gambling is illegal for people under a certain age (depends on country) and because money is involved inthis game as well, it is gambling.

[/quote]

But for the drinking eh?

same difference

the drinking isnt actually happening though "*drinks a bottle of tequilla*" doesnt mean i'm drinking a bottle in reality, but if you're playing say poker online, then that's still gambling, even if the prize is creatures or silver. A rusty (costing $51) would for instance be worth more in a hand than a Joker, both of which cost real money if you get them from the shop, real money and real gambling.

[quote name='Grido' date='09 September 2009 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1252515245' post='41339']

[/quote]

Hmm I see where you're getting at

Well even excluding gambling I still like the idea of interacting with others by playing games like these

( for example ... in roleplay one could settle a dispute or a matter over a game instead of a fight)
----------

I'm taking it to new ideas in game development and adding a poll (I'm curious if others would like something like that)

Edited by Sharpwind

• 6 months later...