Rpcs And The Hc

Chewett

• Root Admin

What do you think? Should they be able to collect heads? should they be able to fight? or even should they just be stopped from it altogether

No making a point of specific rpcs but clear concise points.

RPCs have a lot of power over people, and as such could cause issues involving corruption in heads contests. However, most RPCs that I know that care about such things don't need to offer people WPs for heads, and I think they would be responsible enough to not abuse their power.

Oh, I should mention that I think it's ok for them to compete, if they are not allowed to win, then they should not be able to collect heads over and over again, after all, I can't. :P

Edited by Guybrush Threepwood

[quote name='Chewett' date='17 August 2009 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1250529501' post='39716']
What do you think? Should they be able to collect heads? should they be able to fight? or even should they just be stopped from it altogether

No making a point of specific rpcs but clear concise points.

[/quote]

No they shouldn´t even be able to collect them, and I know why I am saying this...

Given that the head contest is meant to be unfair, and in the last few months it has been almost anything but, I would have to say that any RPC that wishes to mess with the heads contest should be allowed too, doesn't mean they all have to, but that the option is there, you can come and whine and complain about so and so doing this and doing this and that, but in the end, it all boils down to things being unfair, which is what the head contest is supposed to be. I can go into a whole set of reasons about the head contest being a joke now, but that would be going off topic.

Just my opinion..

actually i think it's pretty bright that people with such over-powers as dst, lifeline, eigger etc.etc. can't take heads anymore after they won their own medal, but i think that the same should apply for RPCs who mess heads...

why should Raven get a way to decide who wins while dst doesn't? and why does he even get his way cleared by excluding everyone who is stronger than him?

imo, it's just not okay that some people are allowed to mess with heads and others are not...
it's good to exclude veterans to make it a bit fairer, but exclude some veterans so other have an even easier game with deciding the next winner? *three thumbs down, along with a 'not such a bright idea'-sticker*

One thing about the over-power: it does have a downside. It's hard to get victories. You need to adjust proportions and that is not always easy. I might say that sometimes it's the hardest thing.

[quote name='dst' date='18 August 2009 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1250591778' post='39766']
One thing about the over-power: it does have a downside. It's hard to get victories. You need to adjust proportions and that is not always easy. I might say that sometimes it's the hardest thing.
[/quote]
You aren't really asking for sympathy, are you? :D

As non-spam: I'd like to see all veterans able to mess with the contest, though rewards to go only to the top-scoring new entrants.

[quote name='smartalekrj' date='18 August 2009 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1250621334' post='39799']
RPC's shouldn't be in the heads contest. There are better things to focus on than heads.
[/quote]

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='18 August 2009 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1250624305' post='39802']
Yeah, I feel that RPCs should be spending their time doing other things than HC.
[/quote]

Heads contest is from 2 - 3 (or something like that) days long and other things can be easily done while participating imo.

Edited by Raven

Sympathy? No way! I never ask for such thing cause I never need it. I was just pointing out a downside of being "overpowered".
And can't we make a poll? Or maybe just the RPCs should vote cause they are involved and I see that the opinions are divided.

• Root Admin

I like Polls, Polls are nice. Good hard numbers.

The question would be. Who would vote, people? if so it will be outweighted against rpcs, or just rpcs and we could decide for ourselves

Ok ill chime in because im one of the RPC's who gathers heads. And i hope those who have seen me chime in as well. I gather heads, like any normal player. I WILL NOT and HAVE not given ANY heads i gather to ANY player. A few times they were taken, with VERY smart rituals. In the past i used to just give them away but now that i am RPC i make people earn them and have told MANY players this exact thing. Yopu want them, take them and my def is never easy.

With that said, last competition i stayed away from gathering and tried to have a quest. MANY players started my quest. After a few hours tho most were taken to GoE EVEN WITH NO HEADS. Ok so RJ says we should be doing other things, now, i watched for players sitting in remote areas and moved the ones needed to be moved, i held a quest, what else is there for me to do????

All the while i still managed to gather a few hundred heads just messing around.

Now if i cant hold quests, and i cant gather heads, what do you propose that i "should" do?

**not arguing with you RJ, just you made the only real point i saw.

[quote]I believe that rpcs should screw with the hc in an unbiased way. Hunt down those that accumultaing heads in hard to get to places, and send them to goe.[/quote]

of course i do agree with this, but because of all the complaints i think this is why i cant anymore lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, problem solved:

[color="#cccccc"][2009-08-31 23:12:47 - Alpha 9][/color]
Changes to the Head Contest:
- Players that have a HC medal, will no longer be able to get heads by fight, regardless at what MP level they participate in the contest.
[b]- RPC and LHO can not gather heads by fighting. [/b]
- In case of uncounted win, you now get maximum 2 of the enemies heads instead of just one.