Reorganizing

• Root Admin

[quote][2009-10-03 12:54:47 - Alpha 9]
The Artisans Guild was disbanded.
Reasons: They were unable to create a constant flow of artists to submit artworks. They kept their ranks closed for a huge period of time, IGNORING artworks submited on the forum by people with great potential, instead they sent in artworks that were not checked for authenticity and they were copied/stolen. The Artisans _guild_ became just a nice alliance logo to keep the reputation of their inhabitants but its management was unable to keep it running as it should. For a while there won't be an other start for the Artisans Guild. All current members (that were selected just now close to the festival anyway) were removed from the guild. All its current members with a rank within the guild will have their tags adjusted.

Players that submited artowrks samples and never got an answer back are requested to submit it again this time to manu@magicduel.com. For now, all artwork related things will be sent to me directly.
[/quote]

This forum section will continue to be used for art related discussions.
Unfortunatly i am not updated with all the things discussed here, what i know is that i found several awsome artists around here that never got to me, instead i received bad quality submissions and stolen art. Please excuse my lack of time, but from now on i will try to manage this myself. Please submit your sample works directly to me, including work that was already submited but ignored.
The avatar bounty contest is in a way canceled since i never got a clear image of what was going on, or at least what i heared seems to me different from what i can see with my own eyes. Your samples will be valued right and those of you that realy deserve it will get a bonus , as a replacement for any prizes you might have missed in this competition.

Your maturity level as well as your brain function seems to have decreased recently.
If you recall, Fenrir Greycloth was caught with stolen artwork and thus was immediately kicked from the guild.

As for the "many" artists you claim we never got to on the forum?
I approached several, none wished to join. Perhaps then that the fault of that can be left on your shoulders and your poor way of managing the game in general.

So what else do you intend to lie to your members about? First the incident with the Shades and now the management of the Artisans Guild.
So go on, make a list. What else?

What of the members of the guild such as Poppi Chulloz and Glume who are both very talented artists?
What do they get for choosing to involve themselves in drawing for your game?
If you think you can manage the guild better, go for it but so far you've just wasted a whole lot of talent away.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

• Root Admin

My email allready has 3 mails form artists that submited awsome work to glor and i NEVER saw it submited to me. The ones Glor submited from popithz IS COPIED WORK, it took me 15min to discover most of them allready on the net made by others, one of them is actually a LOGO of a big company.

Amoran, you live in a parallel reality, not MD not RL .... i don't know where it is, but i am sick of it.

You remained in Artisans because Glor had trust in you MANAGING things there, but what did you managed when Artisans guild was so ignorant to player artworks and all i got from the artisans were your sweats of "hard work" that consisted of same artworks over and over, and Glor (awesome) artworks. A guild is not for one man show (Glor) and a crying B**** that tries to do everything possible to look like a victim even if its not about her anymore.

Bottom line, i had no intention of any revenge against you during this Festival, i wanted to ignore you because you will act for sure as a victim and that "all was planed" and shit like that, but you crossed the line again.

These are insults:

[quote]Your maturity level as well as your brain function seems to have decreased recently. [/quote]
[quote]So what else do you intend to lie to your members about?[/quote]

And your yahoo status with "Manu you can fuck yourself" .. i kind of had enough of your shit in MD.
MD is my world, if you insult ME, i kick you out, simple as that ... if you in your imaginary reality thought MD to have nothing to do with the way you behave towards me, you are the one with "becreased brainfunction", not me.

So who do you prefered baned first, Kalamanira Kol or Amoran account? or should i roll a dice since its Pain Festival and all.

Should I say that I saw this coming?

Amoran, I would kindly ask you to drop this to avoid any further conflict here. For it is damaging you, Mur (because he is Mur to us and not Manu) and the entire MD community.

He is the person who has the last word on things, whether some people agree or not. MagicDuel is his creation and he will act as he sees fitting for the best of it.

So, please, just drop it.

• Root Admin

Kalamanira Kol baned. Amoran account remaned to "Amoran K Kol". tag and description removed. THis is your last account in MD, alts of this account will not be treated as different people, you will not get one alt baned per insult, but all at once. Remember that well because next time its goodbye for good.

Allegations of wrong doing by both party is never good.

Mur has decided based on his findings but Amoran claims differently.

It is said that Poppi's artwork was stolen but Poppi is already in the guild, therefore it is quite interesting to know what actually happened.

May I ask if it is possible to have the evidence put forth so that all parties involved can say their piece without prejudice.

Its a suggestion so that rumors and whispers can be squashed.

All this bickering must stop.

• Root Admin

The proof for the stolen art is there. By stolen i mean identicaly copied.

It took me 15min to find out it was copied, then i saw it on the forum allready discussed. I rejected the avyes from Glor, explaining this issue, yet Popitz keeps his seat.

After that, today, it took me a couple of hours (while doing other things) to discover some awsome artists that submited their work month ago and none received answer. I contacted them, they submited it again to me, and there are allready several avys ready. ...while Glor told me in the past many month that there is no one capable , and nothing new or interesting appears. Actualy, he was probalby just writing from time to time, claiming there is no new artists just because he had no time to check. He has an excuse, he has personal problems and i understand that, but amoran that takes so much pride for the artisans management, has NO excuse, because all this time she was in MD (causing trouble) and did not do anything close to manage the artisans or even look at possible new artists.

Artisans moved as a guiled only recently when i threatened all 2 member allies that i will disband them if they remain in just two members, but this situation looks to me to be over many month old, because for many month i have seen only work from glor, or crap work from others selected by glor, and none of the art i saw now on forum and that i believe its great.

Anyway, contact with Glume is allready established, she will send additional work soon, the others were also contacted, but unfortunalty some allready left MD. You can see what i am talking about you can check out the topics in the artisans guild, its a 19 pages topic.

All this time the artisans was an exclusive guild for amoran self pride, under the protection of Glor, and i never inteded such a thing. Artisans as a guild was supposed to centralise work of all kind, it was unable to, i am sory but i disband it. I worked so long time with artists directly, i can do that from now on too. Not to mention that only a small fraction of art comes from players and all the rest from artists i hire here. If its not possible , its not possible.

[quote name='Amoran Kalamanira Kol' date='03 October 2009 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1254582173' post='43594']

If you recall, Fenrir Greycloth was caught with stolen artwork and thus was immediately kicked from the guild.
[/quote]

Actually, I left on my own accord... No threats to be kicked either.

It is..Several of them are COPIED/COVERED artWork..

I keep them submitted based on my own main Character Avatars on MD which also a cover thing.(Check my Forum Pic)

If it pass the MD "Criteria" Then why not if i try to it?
If it disallowed that Badly, why didnt u all just said,so i may removed it and i'll submitt another?

This is not a self defense, this is just "My Sound".

Well..I did get the meaning of Festival of Pain now, :)
Thank u very much for all who concerned about me, and I'm very sorry for all who dissapointed with me.

Regards, Poppi-

(Ps:This is a game-It should be fun and entertaining u all, u already had alot of trouble in the RL.. :) )

• Root Admin

[quote name='Poppitz Resurrection' date='04 October 2009 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1254641827' post='43648']
I keep them submitted based on my own main Character Avatars on MD which also a cover thing.(Check my Forum Pic)
[/quote]

Unfortunatly i sometimes miss some oavys that are resembling other drawings to much. If you consider your avy to be copied, then please send me the art it was copied from and i shall remove it asap and refund you for it. Currently there are 500 avys in game, those that i get the drawing in my hands i check less than those submited on email. It was the job of the guild to check those submited not mine, but ....
You avy is almost the same with Jason, question is, is there an exact art with Jason in that position, or is it an original art. *Either way its not good, but if its not 100% copied i will not remove an avy that is allready in game*

[quote name='Poppitz Resurrection' date='04 October 2009 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1254641827' post='43648']
If it disallowed that Badly, why didnt u all just said,so i may removed it and i'll submitt another?
[/quote]

The Artisans Guild should have told you the rules of submiting avyes and Glor or Kala should have explained you the situation with the work you submited. You didn not stole art (meaning to get other drawings and submit them directly) , but you copied it. Its similar but at least you tried, and still not acceptable.

And come on, you copied a LOGO of a company...that didn't seem bad for you?

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='04 October 2009 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1254645092' post='43652']

And come on, you copied a LOGO of a company...that didn't seem bad for you?
[/quote]

U didn't have to say that..just like i said, it was not a self defense, it was just "My sound"
Same as u'r "Unfortunately", Unfortunately i was made something Bad for you. So i'm sorry..

• Root Admin

Ok, i just received an other info of an existing (already uploaded) avy being an exact match with an other picture from the web. I am so so sorry that i have to work sometimes with this kind of (crap) artists. Unfortunately i can't check all the drawings for avies myself. Now I am even more angry on the "artisans guild". I assure you that from now on i will pay much more attention to all suspect drawings and not allow representations of known characters anymore, regardless if they are copied or not.

Unfortunatly its hard to check who sent it long ago, but i know it was sent throug the guild.

And FUNNY thing is that the same former members of the guild, you know who, accuse me of using stolen art.

A couple of points:

1) I left Poppitz in because only a few of his pieces looked copied, we talked about it, and he was not going to do that again. I sent in the work as part of the avatar bounty as examples of his work. As I understood it, entrants were to send in 10 pieces, even if all 10 of them don't work, they were to be sent in. Fenrir was a different case. All of his work was directly stolen. Poppitz just drew by hand from examples on the internet. Fenrir was also unable to demonstrate an ability to draw his own work.

2.) Burns and Poppitz' avatars are some that I sent in for fun last Halloween (A year ago)and told Mur and everyone on the forums that they were Freddy and Jason. I even named them that, Freddy.jpg and Jason.jpg, when I sent them in. I also sent in an image of a spartan that I'd drawn from an image on the internet with that same batch. Someone pointed out the copyright issues involved, which I hadn't thought about and I haven't done it since.

3.) People leave messages on the Forum all the time, some with decent artwork, but it stated clearly that they were supposed to send email to glordamar@gmail.com. There was also a period of time where I couldn't check the forums daily or even much more than weekly and I know I missed a few people. I'm sorry for that, but many of those that I did contact were either unable to continually produce high-quality art due to talent or equipment (scanner, etc.) or couldn't seem to grasp the requirements for artwork submission. I had a lot of trouble finding people who were both talented and able to do the job.

If there are others that I can think of I'll put them up too.

• Root Admin

bottom line is that such a guild as the Artisans was there with a purpose. If that purpose could not me fulfilled, the guild had no reason to exist. What the reasons are, if people were unable to send art to an email and posted it on forum for all to see, or if you Glor had no time to check, or whatever reasons, with or without reason, the guid was not functioning.
I myself don't have time, but you as a GUILD were supposed to do everything possible to keep it running. Several people could have done this time taking work to check forums and contact players with such skills, i was not asking just one of you to do that, but more as a team. Now its over.

An other thing, for ALL artists reading this. When you copy a character, do you have to copy it in the exact same positio as you find an image on the net? Are you not capable or creative enough to change something about it, or is it so much easyer to be a human scaner?
From now on i will not accept art that represents known characters anyway.