Dizzy When Reading

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I have a question
is there such a thing as a medical condition that prevents someone from reading more than two lines of text? I am asking that because someone that i was suppoed to explain an important thing , that concerned him a lot, told me after a lot of explaining that he is not reading because he cant read more than two lines of text because he gets dizzy ... and i flipped out . Except feeling like to kill someone, i also felt a bit bad thinking that he might actualy have a medical condition or something, i cant believe someone can be so lazy and such an ass to behave like that if there is no real reason to it..

so anyone knows anything about such a thing?

Thnx

i think that's what people call dyslexia

we had a kid with that disorder in class back then in pre-school when we just started learning letters and basic words, he never got any letters straight, and much less could read any words formed by 3 or more letters...

he got better in time, but they say when such disorders are not treated right away (age 5+), those who suffer from it never learn to read longer texts, and when they try, their brains 'switch off' to save themselves from the stress of failure

i know dyslexia causes difficulty in reading/writing, but for children usually and not really dizziness
on the other hand, i deal every day with the "executive syndrome", where corporate types are too lazy to read more than five bullets per powerpoint slide :))

LE: lol burns beat me to it :P

Edited by Totenkopf

• Root Admin

I think its the executive syndrome too, i feel like grabing him through the monitor and strangle him. if i wanish one day you will know why, i am on my way to greece by internet cable to strangle that guy. I will research more about dyslexia, thanks guys. I will also research more about brain damage, i think i might get it soon.

Sometimes there are nuerological disorders that could cause that, especially something where the relaying of nerves inside the brain have interference, i.e. if the myalin sheaths are damaged or something is messing with the nerve signals. There was one kid in my classes that used to get like "drained" as tests went on. It was really weird, but it isn't beyond the realm of possibility. :))

More than likely just being lazy though. :P

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='28 November 2009 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1259368958' post='48588']
I think its the executive syndrome too, i feel like grabing him through the monitor and strangle him. if i wanish one day you will know why, i am on my way to greece [b]by internet cable[/b] to strangle that guy. I will research more about dyslexia, thanks guys. I will also research more about brain damage, i think i might get it soon.
[/quote]

This and your forum status finally made it all clear. Mur is actually an advanced computer AI that is using MD to gather data in preparation of world conquest! He can travel through internet cables and emails!*cough*

And, in a more serious manner, a common eye illness (call cyllindric or something here at my place, can easily be countered with special eye glasses) can also make people hard to distinguish between lines, and might also affect people when reading a lot of text line especially those with small fonts.

my son has dislexia and he cant read ore then one line whit out getting sick the lines he told me are goring crazy and he feels realy sick when he tries to read them. it is a mental(brain dammeage\) issue so they cant help it

i hope you unerstand this my son ten jears feels realy down because this his teacher must reade everthing for him at his each he feels realy sick about it

eddit 02.31

Edited by ladytwin

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='29 November 2009 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1259461733' post='48659']
Thnks now makes more sense.
[/quote]

your welcome i got here a link then you can see what they see when they try to read
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZLFTW4OGY&feature=related