Help With Pl

• Root Admin

I was so full of fresh forces preparing to check the public logs..i opened db...and all my fresh forces vanished.

22384 logs to check

Now...i think i need some help. Task will be to look over a list with such logs and make a list with those that are

- offending, extreamly rude
- containing scripts or html
- spam, (Kill Da Rabbit i suppose its a quest?)
- random filling text, like asdfgasdfg

Also at the end a "top" should be made, those that "win" first positions get baned. I give you all time to not get into this situation, including with this post now.

I think one person is not enough, but might be, so anyone offers to help?

Sure I will help with some. Probably at least a thousand of those are my script logs for putting together the last two MDscripted quests. Does it make a log ever time there is an error? If so maybe more like 5000 of those logs are mine. :)

Cutler

Edited by cutler121

• Root Admin

[quote name='cutler121' date='01 December 2009 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1259692636' post='48833']
Sure I will help with some. Probably at least a thousand of those are my script logs for putting together the last two MDscripted quests. Does it make a log ever time there is an error? If so maybe more like 5000 of those logs are mine. :) Cutler
[/quote]

He is refering to the public logs, The L on people that you can comment on...

• Root Admin

so how you want to do this, i give the full list to one of you and that person gives to the rest and receives back the results?

I looked over them a bit and it goes fast because you look over 10 at a time, you dont have to read them just look they are not bad and most are ok.

Won't it be more practical if you just wait for reports/complains? Some posts might get misrated, and after all, its an individuals PL, so its his discretion to rate the posts he gets.

(Post seems to be offtopic, forgive me.)

If you still want them all checked, I could distribute them amongst people who've posted in this topic (as many as are needed). Or you could just send everyone 5k or so and once they've finished those and still feel up to it, give them some more.

[quote name='Chewett' date='01 December 2009 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1259696027' post='48848']
Wouldnt it be easier to generate a page from the database, add a field as "approved" and just limit it by 10, then unapprove it when someone changes it, it would make it easier if you wanted to check it again
[/quote]

I can see a good idea when I read one. Motion seconded!!

• Root Admin

[quote name='Observer' date='01 December 2009 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1259696749' post='48854']
Wait... Wouldn't all those that are marked spam etc. just be removed? So what exactly is the point in checking again? Mur'll have final say on rather it really is unapproved of anyway.
[/quote]

well if you have approved, unapproved, flagged then mur can check the ones that have been flagged. That will allow mur to check what is being flagged

also an optional extra could be "approved by x" so that he can then pm the respective person if he needs to tell them something

• Root Admin

hey, you are going offtopic, we are not talking about how to do this in the future, but how to clean the current 20k records. Limiting latest 10 is irrelevant for current task.

i will start sending lists to those that offered their help.

Thank you

• Root Admin

i picked all of you that offered to help, in the order you posted:

0-3000 Observer
3000-6000 Chewett
6000-9000 dst
9000-12000 cutler121
12000-15000 Fenrir Greycloth
15000-18000 grido
18000 - 21000 czez
21000 - 23000 pipstickz

you received details on pm.

Thank you!

I've sent in my findings.

I suggest to those of you who have yet to start to use the CTR+f function for naughty words. And then skim through the cells looking for insults and abusive comments.

I found some interesting patterns.

Oh, and are we supposed to report spam? I found 129 counts of "Kill Da Rabbit" and 101 counts of "Down with the Bunny Empire"...