Torch Carry

Kamisha

The torch ideas  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

O.k. I don't post often but I think this might just have some interesting results.
[b]Please answer the poll above before reading[/b] what I have to say because I want a clear result nothing I should to change it.

In my personal opinion basically all lands well except maybe one and leading closely two have a aufull score. This is likely facilitated by the fact that people are asking players to sit just out side well they just feed them wins but still I think there are other difficulties. One of the most obvious difficulties I see with this is the idea of land. You move slow unless you are part of that land. Example: I am a neutral player I dont think I am ready to join a guild legion what ever you choose to call it so I run head long into a brick wall that has a limit of moving two scenes every 100 action points. So citizenship I think should be up and running.

Second of all rewards are minuscule if even there. For example I have never heard anybody say wow I got a huge stats boost from the torch competition this week. It more is along the lines of I transported 3. So what happened then nothing its just something I can say I did. It lasts for maybe a week before it subsides and eventually dies off.

Also the danger of being attacked increases because it seems only the top people like to carry torches and just run through a location like a &)*#(ing plow. Which then leads into the amount of people actually participating. You know last time I attempted this feat it took me a solid hour to get all the way to marnid bell then waited at the totem capital for a sold 20 minutes until well as I said my self and 2 others got hit by another quite simply named plow gathering 3 points for him and -3 for us.

Sorry for having to suffer through my rant but basically anything that i have to talk about for more than I paragraph turns into this format. Though earthier way I want to see what you have to say. Don't double post by the way if you have anything more to say just edit your post that you did before writing this making sure if you specified something other and posted it that that part is untouched.

Edited by Kamisha

I do torches mainly becasue it is a fun thing to do, bit of teamwork, but of socializing, bit of plowing through the rows off opposing weaklings...^^

Of course rewards make it all nice, but the fun part is more interesting to me :(

Of course it is totally useless for people who are not in one of the main land, and citizenship is not yet implemented, for all your 'normal players' out there, it's basically pointless to play... hopefully we get citizens soon =)

• Root Admin

I dont paticipate because there is no point, MB currently has the worst total because it is the closest land and people are farming torches, so we lose more points

There is no point, as we cant score against any other land easily. So i dont participate.

I carry torches from a sense of duty, as Tarquinus is loyal to the land of [s]Loreroot[/s] Narnia and feels obliged to do his part for [s]the alliance[/s] Aslan. The contest is [s]no fun for me whatsoever[/s] Sparta.

Edited by Tarquinus

I carry a torch for GG !
I mean that's the reason i carry a torch! Because of my land!
And the way i saw things this two last competitions I liked it very much ! The alliances of the same land uniting together and making strategies is absolutely beautifull !!
( Yeah the TC still needs a few tweaks , some lands are over powered, some lack players, etc.)

[quote name='Tarquinus' date='16 January 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1263690162' post='52846']
I carry torches from a sense of duty, as Tarquinus is loyal to the land of Loreroot and feels obliged to do his part for the alliance. The contest is no fun for me whatsoever.
[/quote]

I echo these remarks.

Furthermore, as non-citizens of each land can obtain torches, I'm afraid this 'contest' does not reflect each land as it might.

And finally, how can this contest be so heavily weighed when it is so easily, and effectually, exploitable?

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' date='17 January 2010 - 03:01 AM' timestamp='1263718892' post='52863']
I echo these remarks.

Furthermore, as non-citizens of each land can obtain torches, I'm afraid this 'contest' does not reflect each land as it might.

And finally, how can this contest be so heavily weighed when it is so easily, and effectually, exploitable?
[/quote]

I carried a torch for Loreroot out of duty for Firsanthalas, as I am a Full moon knight. I do not enjoy this contest, I do not see a point in it in all honestly.

[quote name='Tarquinus' date='16 January 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1263690162' post='52846']
I carry torches from a sense of duty, as Tarquinus is loyal to the land of Loreroot and feels obliged to do his part for the alliance. The contest is no fun for me whatsoever.
[/quote]

Your sense of duty towards a fictional land astounds me. I personally carry my torch for the glory of Narnia!

(heh, just making a point, not trying to offend you)

[quote name='Tarquinus' date='16 January 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1263690162' post='52846']
I carry torches from a sense of duty, as Tarquinus is loyal to the land of [s]Loreroot[/s] Narnia and feels obliged to do his part for [s]the alliance[/s] Aslan. The contest is [s]no fun for me whatsoever[/s] Sparta.
[/quote]

Very nice edit lol.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='17 January 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1263758737' post='52906']
When I feel that I can make a comment without every second word being an expletive I will.
[/quote]

i know, its really annoying when all these noobs abuse alts to get tons of points and score against your land...

[quote name='Chewett' date='17 January 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1263759943' post='52907']
i know, its really annoying when all these noobs abuse alts to get tons of points and score against your land...
[/quote]

There is a simple answer, just kill the one holding a torch that's not from your land. I did that for a few hours yesterday. They can't point farm when they can't get to your base. And if they're noobs as you say, it should be easy to kill them. Then the people who were going to be sacrifices have nothing to do except wait for another person to grab a torch and walk allllll the way back to them, at which point you kill the person with the torch again. Its really fun actually.

The point is, there is no point. You gather Torches, gain scores, and drop it off the enemy's Capitol. You fight with whatever land you chose and kill the Torch holders you chose. Citizenship is different, to me, but you do not have to be a Citizen of that land to be able to fight on their side and gather points for it. Each land I believe will be rewarded in the very near future. Whether there is a point about the Torch Competition or not, it is YOUR choice and you don't have to rant about it. It is just each and everyone's "Pride" that are echoing throughout this issue, you don't want to feel beaten just because Rhaegar gathered 40 points for Loreroot, which is by far I think the highest in the history of Torch Competition.

As for me, I don't enjoy the Torch Competitions, yet... I'm just following orders and further fulfilling my leaders' satisfaction about this, and ofcourse, proving myself worthy of my current position.

[quote name='Jester' date='18 January 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1263766116' post='52917']
There is a simple answer, just kill the one holding a torch that's not from your land. I did that for a few hours yesterday. They can't point farm when they can't get to your base. And if they're noobs as you say, it should be easy to kill them. Then the people who were going to be sacrifices have nothing to do except wait for another person to grab a torch and walk allllll the way back to them, at which point you kill the person with the torch again. Its really fun actually.
[/quote]

In underground that IS easy. In MB it's not, as there's 2 entrances to the capitol, you'd need 2 people to guard it one of which will not be walking on friendly territory making the job one hell of a lot harder.

[quote name='Observer' date='17 January 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1263770041' post='52922']
In underground that IS easy. In MB it's not, as there's 2 entrances to the capitol, you'd need 2 people to guard it one of which will not be walking on friendly territory making the job one hell of a lot harder.
[/quote]

Yes, MB and LR are different in that aspect, with MB being by far the easiest to attack. LR is still relatively defendable however. The other lands shouldn't have a problem defending themselves, but MB is pretty much done.

[quote name='Esmerelda' date='17 January 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1263764148' post='52911']
The way I see it, it wasn't the just the noobs who torch farmed this time. In fact their torch farming was negligible compare to what the *cough* did.
[/quote]

That cough includes you and your alts, right?