New Ideas For Usable Items

Jubaris

Item: [b]Sacrificial Notebook[/b]

Description: With a pencil attached via an elastic band, this Notebook contains scribbles by North Equilibrium about each and every creature he has ever sacrificed; for he swore never to forget a single one.

Uses: with every creature sacrificed

two ideas crossed my mind (whichever is more reasonable or more easy to be implemented)

1) [b]stats boost: due to its magical essence the notebook adds an extra stats boost [/b][b](in addition to the creatures sacrificial stat points but limited use to 5 sacrifices per week)[/b]
2) [b]keeps the id and an img file of every creature [/b][b]sacrifised[/b]

Also a small artwork to support my item :P

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2697/4285914628_e9e03b0217_m.jpg[/img]
(now special items aside if it was possible to link this image to my item i would be grateful ;) )

Certain items have images so it is possible.

My idea of an item is simple: combine the uncut diamond No one has with his drachorn scales forming several enchanted scales which should be used as keys to open an area. In that area I wish to put my 2 accounts: Venger and gogu with regen rits. This way I can control who uses them (I have issues with this cause even if I ask the players not to break their rits I ALWAYS find broken rits).
Basically, you get the scale, you can enter.What I do to prevent stealing/selling/passing the scales to others is to have them "recharged" only if they are sent back to me or No one.

Possible uses for some Items currently in Czez' inventory:

[b]Knator Bones[/b]: grant bearer key to Loreroot Back entrance, as this is location of knator den :P

[b]Tar[/b]: grant bearer movelock spell

[b]Horseshoe[/b]: grant bearer increase in Luck stat (temp? transferable by spell?)

[b]Pine needles[/b]: grant bearer spell to increase VP

[b]Nautical Charts and Graphs[/b]: grant bearer spell to increase Exploring Points

Last two are useful mainly for helping noobs, but still nice ability.

Item I haven't got but would like to see:

[b]Feather Pillow[/b]: grants bearer givevital spell :D

Also, it would be nice to have input to item fuction such as userID for a key, where if you use item without authorisation it will give unintended effect

P.S. Tara, sorry but those W[b]orn High Heels[/b] should definitely lower AP ;)

[b]Elemental Amulet[/b]

Forged in secret in the underground caverns by unknown entities, it holds within it a part of each energy from all five elements.

I would like to see the Elemental Amulet to allow the holder to cast unlimited weather spells.

Piece of a map

Gives the user access to a location/path he wouldn't normally (predefined for each map piece, as far as I know there's 5). For example access to a land (similar to the passes), a path such as from the fortune's well to oak fort or perhaps a hidden scene such as berserkers charge, champions dome interior etc.

Truth be told, I am not sure why the map pieces are in the game and rather they already have a purpose. All I know is that Lightsage set out to collect them when they where first introduced.

EDIT of course there should be a cooldown, depending on the location it gives access to ranging from a week to 4 weeks or so.

Edited by lightsage

May I suggest a few RP and non RP items...

Pandora of Tranquility

Its a music box which you can use to play different music in an area...if a specific area already had a background music ..that would change while the pandora is at use. you can also use it to transform into any other musical instruments during RPs

Dust of Invisibility

Allows the user to be invisible with the consequence of not being able to attack or do much other than talking....or else the effect will vanished with a sudden movements...good for playing hide n' seek :P or just hiding and scaring or surprising people...

• 2 weeks later...

A type of item that I have been discussing with Udgard and Granos for a while is "Cursed" items.

The basic premise is to have the item appear largely normal, however when certain spells are used on or by the player (such as heal or teleport) if the spell would have succeded instead of having its normal effect it generates a "Spell failed - Target Cursed" response. Something similar to what happens with the Curse_Prot spells effect, but for positive spells.

The ideal sort of items would be rings or amulets, however any such item could be impregnated with a Spell Nullification Curse.

If these are implemented, I would suggest giving the first batch to Granos, as he has plans for them and it suits his role as the guardian of the Tainted Fountain.

An interesting use of this sort of item for a quest would be to have a scripted activator that teleports the player then issues the item, And the item has the properties of both being a Teleport Nullifier and holding the "Key" to exit the area, with a puzzle needing to be assembled so that the player can exit.
Once the puzzle is solved the "Key" is inserted into some sort of indentation, removing the item then teleporting the player out of the location.

[quote name='ladytwin' date='18 January 2010 - 06:55 AM' timestamp='1263761724' post='52908']
i got :

[b]Raw Emerald
this one could be used for healing ore something like that, a spell that has to be recarched every 2 weeks

[/b][b]Worn High Heels [/b]
and this one i got no idea *giggles* if any other has let me know *winks*
[/quote]
[quote name='Sparrhawk' date='18 January 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1263762647' post='52909']
I think personally that raw materials shouldnt have usable abilities exept for perhaps combining them with something like what mur said in the announcment, it would incourage people to hold on to then rather than trade them to people who want to craft items.
[/quote]
I agree, raw materials shouldn't be given powers. However, you [i]could[/i] make it so that items crafted with certain raw materials would gain additional properties. This would encourage trade, but also runs the huge risk of getting the item hoarders to increase the price even more ':|

Perhaps a large set of items which would interact nicely:

Signet Rings
1. Create official documents
2. Seal an envelope [i]- consumes official document[/i]
(I have an item called "Kafuuka's signet ring:", I thought kings have rings too now and perhaps it would make sense for alliance leaders and everybody else who pays a WP to get this functionality too.)

Writing Utensils
(I remember a fountain pen, most likely a quill exists too already?)

Official document
1. Read
2. Burn/destroy [i]- consumes official document[/i]
3. Separate seal [i]- consumes official document & loyalty?, yields unbroken seal[/i]
(it would be nice if those made with a signet ring have a picture of the personal seal in the item description and those with 'ordinary writing utensils' to have the playername in a different font, as a signature?)

Sealed envelope
1. Break seal [i]- consumes sealed envelope, yields previously 'consumed' official document[/i]
2. Separate seal [i]- consumes sealed envelope & loyalty?, yields previously 'consumed' official document & unbroken seal[/i]

Forging Tools
1. Duplicate official documents [i]- consumes unbroken seal, creates a new official document with hidden boolean 'forged'=true[/i]
2. Forge official documents [i]- changes the text, sets a hidden boolean 'forged'=true[/i]
3. Forge pass papers? [i]- consumes unbroken seal of associated land leader, sets a hidden boolean 'forged'=true[/i]

Magnifying glass etc
1. Detect forgery
(I think a magnifying glass item exists or has been requested before?)

Remarks:

A signet ring would theoretically allow players to spawn infinite amounts of items (official documents) but the only possible reason for that is getting n°1 on the item owner list, which is a list I don't like anyway.

Separating seals instead of breaking them, should require some sort of skill check, forgery and detection should probably be linked to the transposition principle. It would of course be awesome if restoring the original document is possible too, but I guess it is complicated enough already.

Forging pass papers essentially implies creating a usable item from nothing. (The seal comes from an envelope or document, which is generated from nothing.) Hard to tell if this is overpowered. Obviously getting caught with forged papers equals making an enemy out of an entire country. And somehow the forgeries should be seized and destroyed upon discovery (by a player associated with the country the forgeries grant access to), which keeps them from multiplying infinitely.

Reducing loyalty makes sense if you attempt to get an unbroken seal of your own country, guild or someone on your friend list. (not that defriending is penalized heavily I guess.)

[quote name='Kafuuka' date='04 February 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1265325588' post='53846']
Perhaps a large set of items which would interact nicely:

Signet Rings
2. Seal an envelope [i]- consumes official document[/i]
(I have an item called "Kafuuka's signet ring:", I thought kings have rings too now and perhaps it would make sense for alliance leaders and everybody else who pays a WP to get this functionality too.)

Writing Utensils
(I remember a fountain pen, most likely a quill exists too already?)

Official document
1. Read
2. Burn/destroy [i]- consumes official document[/i]
3. Separate seal [i]- consumes official document & loyalty?, yields unbroken seal[/i]
(it would be nice if those made with a signet ring have a picture of the personal seal in the item description and those with 'ordinary writing utensils' to have the playername in a different font, as a signature?)

Sealed envelope
1. Break seal [i]- consumes sealed envelope, yields previously 'consumed' official document[/i]
2. Separate seal [i]- consumes sealed envelope & loyalty?, yields previously 'consumed' official document & unbroken seal[/i]

Forging Tools
1. Duplicate official documents [i]- consumes unbroken seal, creates a new official document with hidden boolean 'forged'=true[/i]
2. Forge official documents [i]- changes the text, sets a hidden boolean 'forged'=true[/i]
3. Forge pass papers? [i]- consumes unbroken seal of associated land leader, sets a hidden boolean 'forged'=true[/i]

Magnifying glass etc
1. Detect forgery
(I think a magnifying glass item exists or has been requested before?)

Remarks:

A signet ring would theoretically allow players to spawn infinite amounts of items (official documents) but the only possible reason for that is getting n°1 on the item owner list, which is a list I don't like anyway.

Separating seals instead of breaking them, should require some sort of skill check, forgery and detection should probably be linked to the transposition principle. It would of course be awesome if restoring the original document is possible too, but I guess it is complicated enough already.

Forging pass papers essentially implies creating a usable item from nothing. (The seal comes from an envelope or document, which is generated from nothing.) Hard to tell if this is overpowered. Obviously getting caught with forged papers equals making an enemy out of an entire country. And somehow the forgeries should be seized and destroyed upon discovery (by a player associated with the country the forgeries grant access to), which keeps them from multiplying infinitely.

Reducing loyalty makes sense if you attempt to get an unbroken seal of your own country, guild or someone on your friend list. (not that defriending is penalized heavily I guess.)
[/quote]

What would the purpose of official documents be? I don't see any reason for them. In addition, due to the low number of active players it would be extremely easy to find false documents if any existed.

[quote name='Jester' date='05 February 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1265330535' post='53848']
What would the purpose of official documents be? I don't see any reason for them. In addition, due to the low number of active players it would be extremely easy to find false documents if any existed.
[/quote]
Roleplay: treaties, diplomatic requests, military plans, laws could all be made into an official document which could be intercepted. What is the purpose of the proposed owl item? The private mail system works fine, but owls and pigeons add a flavor that some of use already roleplayed with the dreaded [color="#0000FF"]*sparkly blue text*[/color]. If you consider them useless then I was probably wrong in worrying that it might be too powerful a tool...

I think you are assuming that detection of forgeries is easy. Obviously the forged papers would not appear as 'forged document' in the inventory, that would be ridiculous and is why I said 'a hidden boolean 'forged' should be used to make the distinction'.
If the 'detect forgery spell' was 100% accurate and could be cast at will, then too it would be easy to find them. However imagine that it only works 20% of the time... using a binomial distribution, that means that if you cast it 13 times on a forged document, there is still more than 5% chance you don't know it is forged. Not that it should be 20% chance per try; a [u]simple[/u] formula could be: P(detection=true) = x / ( 1 + x) wherein x is the difference in transposition principle between detective and spy; if x is negative it should be replaced with zero (automatic failure). (x should probably be measured in hecto or kilo transposition for scaling purposes.)

If subjects are a bit loyal it should take considerable time before enemy spies get a hold of the material required to create a forgery and if they are a smart enough they wont use it unless there are enough real documents around. Casting 'detect forgery' 1000 times a day sounds like a chore to me.

I do not own this item or know of it's existance but:

How about:

[b]Axe[/b]

When in loreroot it will convert seed into the relative planks.[b]
[/b]

The role play of this would be cutting down a tree in loreroot, but to prevent deforestation one must replace the tree with the correct seed.

This would end the shortage of planks as raw materials (unless there is a shortage of seeds).

An advancement of this idea, would be to have bronze, steel, silver, gold and titanium (or similar) axes where going up the scale each one yeilds more planks for you waste less of the tree.

The Subtle Knife

Use: (if possible 2 uses? xD as it has two different blades)

1. Movelock spell
2. Teleport function (doesn't have to be all over the place, i'm happy with just one location :unsure:... like DQ or GoE)

Blue glowing shard (i have five of them, but i'll ask for one use, not 5... though it could be interesting... xD)

1.Transfer vitality spell
or
2.Locate player spell

Do I have to explain why my items should have these... erm... abilities?

Edited by Aeoshattr

• 2 weeks later...

Just an idea for some types of items out there.

A knife for example could have the ability to kill someone in the game, like the time Lupus was made into a ghost. It was temporary.
To be able to use the knife like that it could have a use limit and drain a certain percentage of stats and principles.

There could be items made to also counter this knife. For example a shield could make it where the knife does not kill the person but maybe injure the defenders stats a bit temporarily.

but the stronger the weapon used the more damage it could do to the defender or the higher the chances of killing the defender.

I had some ideas for the pentagram pendant but I sort of forgot them and I do not know if by now something has been planned for it. If anyone has information on my item I would be more than willing to listen ;)

• 2 weeks later...

ITEM- Chocolate Eclairs.
I was thinking they could be given out a certain number of times from me to other players (I cant use them myself) to give a temporary boost to a stat of some sort to represent the feel good endorphins released by my wares.
And, as per Murs description of them :), sometimes an unpleasent surprise, cant have it all ways.

how about creating books? that players can read once passed by (but no edits once they are finished... cause if someone edits somebody else's work, then there could be possible forgeries...)

those could contain history of the lands, some could contain training help manuals, or just instructions, logged events (clickables were good for that but since they need to be updated every 14 days... people who leave cannot re-update their clickies, can't day? :D)

Still, wouldn't that be..kind of creating junk items? I mean, true that some things deserve to be written down, but we have the papers, we have the md archives and so on..so why should we have books in MD, as an item, which would only add data, but minor changes to gameplay?

well Burns, like I said, problem with clickables is that you have to update them now every 14 days
what if you leave the game? if no one continues your data, then it is lost and your work is gone.

library in MDA, again, clickable thing

K docs, I hear they are a bit bugged? plus, you need 4 used WPs to get those... is it really hard to write few pages in RL? :D so why would you need 4 WPs to write a book? :P

Ah, clickables vanish, yeah, but all you have to do is give them a short, easy password and make sure it spreads properly...

that way it stays forever, even long after you are gone, until the last person who knows the password is gone, too, and that's going to take some time, at least if your book is interesting :P