Md Is Boring

Fenrir Greycloth

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh..
Remember the 'good old days', RJ?
I do, and people were gathering back then as well.
The exception was that it was at willow's shop and that it was slightly harder, since rituals weren't as restricted as they are at GGG.
But, I noticed that that has, if you will it to be so, has absolutely nothing to do with MD being boring.
A gathering place will always exist. And there will always be loners, or explorers, wandering about.
What you have to realize however, is that a gathering place, nor the opposite of a gathering place, necessarily excludes or includes fun and removal of boredom.

I mean, sometimes I go to GGG and there are a lot of people around, but they aren't doing anything and it is boring as crap.
More often than not, I walk around and just randomly talk to people.
What makes MD fun, and this is an example from yesterday, is when I just start blabbing and keep on talking.
I had a conversation with Mya Celestia, well, she was mostly listening and I was mostly talking, but hey, I'm awesome, I'm allowed to do so.
But I can tell you, that it wasn't boring at all.

And this is exactly how I made MD not boring in the past, just, walking around, talking to people, having fun. Mentored some people, like Yami, and on occassion, helped BigC with other contemporary legends.

Either way, fun is something you make yourself, stop whining.

[quote name='Metal Bunny' date='11 March 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1268315962' post='56221']
Either way, fun is something you make yourself, stop whining.
[/quote]

Exactly!

How we think helps also... Instead of loging onto the game saying something in the lines "Time for another boring day in MD", say to yourself "Today I am going to have fun!".

• 2 weeks later...

I myself believe that the GGG is a good place for the lower mind power levels, mainly mind power 3. It allows people to regain balance and gain easy experiance.
As for the higher mind powers I feel that they should not require "Dojos/Sparring grounds". They should have learnt how to either be attacked and not get a lost battle counted and/or how to set a regenerating ritual. They should also have enough knowledge about fighting to recognise who they can gain a win from and how.

These are just my own opinions but I see them as valid arguments. :D

Chewett, knock it off. I was trying to plan something, but you know what happened? Peace left md, yrth didn't have time, cryxus pulled off that stunt with the caretakers and then above all else I got sick and tired of everyone in md.

How about you get off your but in MD and do something. I attempted it, but to many things didn't work so I gave up. And I never kept promising crap. I tried organising something in secret. But it was to complicated for it to work. So much for this secrecy thing to since you like to constantly bring it up whenever you get a chance.

Sort out your problems IRL chewett, stop projectin them on others. These moodswings of yours are pathetic.

You know Fenrir, maybe YOU need to knock it off?
If something is too complicated? Then why keep it so? make it easy, and it works. But yeah, finishing easy things dont stroke your ego...

Why secrecy? We are a community.. not?
Not all things should be public, yet with a festival...
Look at Ailiths FoF for example, people help making it, people ARE the festival

[quote]Sort out your problems IRL chewett, stop projectin them on others. These moodswings of yours are pathetic. [/quote]

I think YOU have some RL problems that you are projecting in MD, and your behaviour looks like one big moodswing?

Better the world, begin with yourself, yet then you need to look at yourself objectively ofcourse...

Because it was to appear as if I didn't have a hand in it. And it was complicated trying to keep the people that needed to be a part o it informed without telling then the whole story wa a challenge. I knew some of them would tell their friends what was happening and thus influence the ending to their liking.

I have anger issues against people who talk crap in a game but wouldn't say it to my face IRL. Or those who attack others for being weaker.

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='21 March 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1269201413' post='56735']
I have anger issues against people who talk crap in a game but wouldn't say it to my face IRL.
[/quote]

So you know everyone in MD in real life? How do you decide who would say things to your face, and who wouldn't? Or do you just generalize and do it to everyone?

Lets leave RL issues out of the thread.

Everyone has problems.

This thread is getting off topic and getting personal.

MD is an escape from RL.

The citizens make it interesting.

What we do make it intersting.

Stop whining and do something.

If you think its too complicated, then MD is not for you!

Hmm...I asked 1 question some pages ago. Seems like I got no answer which only proves that my assumptions are correct. Thank you for the confirmation.

Now, let me point some stuff out (they are not really related to each other but at one point some will be on topic; also I will refer mostly to myself and try to generalize as less as possible) :
1)Is there a problem that I [quote]run around attacking anything [they] I see without mercy[/quote]? Even if you like it or not so far I have obeyed the GGG rules (my reasons are irrelevant).Also I have stopped using it. See it as maybe a sort of protest if you like. But I will probably change my attitude soon. Why? Cause for me MD means fighting.GGG doesn't satisfy me anymore (when that happens I take measures :))).I am too old to mindless stat grind. And no, I will not apologize for it. You all say that we should stop complaining about MD being bored and do something. Don't mind if I will. In case you wonder: I do have crits to raise that can be leveled in GGG so don't think I need wins on crits that cannot be trained there. Not to mention I still now some stuff...but this is not important.

2)The overall quality of the quests has decreased. Even I went on the dark side and made the Asteriks quest. I haven't told you back then but I did it to mock RP-ers. Too bad for me that my plan did not work and players took it seriously. When I saw the responses I had to comply and play along. To be honest I never thought anyone would take it seriously and I expected almost no participation. Anyway, I am disappointed. I thought that now, when Kings would have the ability to give out WP codes, there will be a flood of quests. Not only that there aren't but many of them are pure crap. Even more: there are "secret" quests (yes, I am talking about Mya's "quest" for the Loreroot people).It's just pathetic...

3)Vets are bored. Result? Whining. :D Personally, for the moment I have no projects. This is the first time that happens in 2 years. Result? I log in, walk a bit and then I idle. It's more fun reading the forum then actually playing. For me at least. Who is to blame? Nobody.But this doesn't mean that there are no reasons for that.Some of them would be the following:
-I am denied certain things because the community said so :D (yeah, it's a direct reference to No.1)
-I am in a "bad mood"/"low phase"/etc
-I am reaching the end of my player's life
Only time will tell which of them is the correct one cause right now I have no idea.Or I will shake the boredpm of and start taking actions.
So, the idea I wanted to point out is that after a while, as a vet, you can do just few things. You already did most of them. You are left with too few. That's not good.

4)We are a small community. We know each other for a long time. We developed feeling for each other: good or bad and we act according to them. As much as I don't want to, personal feelings rule my actions. And this happens to everyone. And if I hear someone saying otherwise then for me that person is a hypocrite. You simply cannot split a character from the person in front of the PC (yes fenrir, I stay IN FRONT of the PC not in the back but I don't really expect you to understand that since it's rocket science :D). This has another consequence: noobs are not really welcomed (yes, I have to agree that someone else pointed me this flaw). They have to work extra hard to integrate themselves. And sometimes they are caught between vets arguments and they are forced to choose sides. Basically this means they have signed their "death sentence" :D (ok, I exaggerated but I hope you got my idea). Or they never integrate themselves so they leave. Or they really get bored. Now it's easy to get the info about crits. It's easy to raise them. Answers are being served on a silver plate. There are no real challenges. Cause we, the community simplified everything. Too much.

5)LHOs are the best idea ever but after a while I see them doing their jobs cause they have to. They don't have the passion anymore (sorry LHOs, some of you know I like you a lot so don't take it personally). Why not make LHO position a temp one? 3 months, 4 months? 6 months tops. Let others become LHOs. Recycle them. Re-circulate them.

6)Bah! I stopped and I lost my ideas. So...to be continued when I catch them :D

Edited by dst

[quote name='dst' date='23 March 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1269361336' post='56798']
2)The overall quality of the quests has decreased. Even I went on the dark side and made the Asteriks quest. I haven't told you back then but I did it to mock RP-ers. Too bad for me that my plan did not work and players took it seriously. When I saw the responses I had to comply and play along. To be honest I never thought anyone would take it seriously and I expected almost no participation. Anyway, I am disappointed. I thought that now, when Kings would have the ability to give out WP codes, there will be a flood of quests. Not only that there aren't but many of them are pure crap. Even more: there are "secret" quests (yes, I am talking about Mya's "quest" for the Loreroot people).It's just pathetic...

[/quote]

First of all, your defnition of crap may not be same as those around you. People who enjoy solving puzzles or decoding stuff may find art quests and prose/poetry quests stupid. And vice versa. People who are good at experimenting stuff, learning more about rituals may like Burns' quests. People who like solving puzzles may like cutler's quests. People who like to write may like Asterdai's or Gremlin's quests. You can say that YOU didnt like a quest. But you cant label quests as crappy. You dont have any right to do that. Especially when you aren't an active quest creator. If you think there are very few good quests in MD, set an example by setting a quest which you consider good. Let people judge the quality of your quest. Make sure its not something that only vets have a chance to win. Try to get active noob participation. Make it a perfectly interesting quest, a quest which every single player in MD likes, and then Label other stuff as pathetic.

Coming to Mya's quest, you can stop quoting her in every second post. She has a full right to set a quest with any number of limitations to its participants. The last time I read the rules, WPs were not to be traded. She didnt trade the WPs. She set a quest, and distributed WPs based on that... So quit picking on her... Just because she keeps quiet and maintains her dignity, doesnt mean that you quote it as pathetic.

EDIT:
1.Did you read the word ACTIVE Quest creator? I suppose not...

2. As for the Mya's quest, she needn't explain herself to anyone but Mur. I was merely pointing out the fact that you had quoted her again and the thread title WPs giving abuse says it all.

3.My post is not spam. I confirmed it with the administrator. I do not intend to argue with you. Its never fruitful. So I'll simply ignore your further posts.

Edited by Esmerelda

In the forums, you are free to say your opinions, so I think I will say my opinion.
I don't think this thread has produced anything interesting or constructive and in truth I hope it gets closed soon.
I would not like to see this turn into another flaming thread.

Actually, I am hereby using my moderator powers to close this thread.

Reason: It has gone way offtopic, and turned into a flamewar. Just check the very very first post, then please tell me we're still talking about that. If you want to discuss the issues here, go open a new thread.

BUT in my personal opinion, I'd prefer you people posting here not to.