The Most Insidious Answer In Md

Jester

When questions are given answers people generally stop looking into the question. I have found this to be true from personal experience in MD. And so, I have found the word I hate most in MD: balance.

Balance is a tricky answer in MD. "Necrovion was created to counter unbalance." When I first heard that I thought that balance was some sort of magical idea. Unbalance occurs, and then something else magically pops up to counter it. I stopped thinking about the question because I thought that was the answer.

Recently I started thinking back over the question again, but this time I decided to dig deeper: what about Golemus caused unbalance, and what about Necrovion counters it? This time I think I was able to find more information about how balance works in MD, and I don't think the answer is that it just magically occurs.

This post is just to point out what I consider the most insidious answer in MD, and hopefully you can avoid falling into the same trap I did. Questions such as the ones in MD are not so easily answered.

[quote]you just have to look in the right direction, and how you know that direction?[/quote]
I would like to thank Jester and Amoran for pointing me in the right direction. Jester says, "MagicDuel is as obvious as gravity was before Isaac Newton formulated a theory to explain it." I concur, now that I have some idea what he means.

Hmm... Seriously... hmm... I believe I will have to undust the old brains of mine and do some researching myself instead of assuming.
Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you, this should help me to not fall into the same or if I am in it, at least climb out.

-K

OH YOU GUYS, REALLY?

NOW JUST AS I GET MYSELF ALL COMFORTABLE UP IN THE UPPER REACHES, YOU MAKE ME THINK THAT ACTUALLY I SHOULD VENTURE OUT AND START TO PLAY WITH THE GAME INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PLAY AT IT.

NOW I HAVE THAT GUILTY "I REALLY SHOULD GET OUT AND LOOK AT/FOR SOMETHING" COMPLEX AND CANT SIT BACK ON MY AGED LAURELS (WHICH I MUST SAY ARE RATHER LIMITED) AND I HAVE TO CREEP AROUND IN SILENCE, OH WELL, MAYBE I MAY JUST.

I have to agree that this statement is somewhat diminishing to Novocron. The reason for this is however the similarities though the two locations being a mirror image of each other does not give rise to which was created first or that one depends on the co exsistance of the other.

With all due respect I understand but this is the exact post that is being attacked awiiya. It talks about the returning of balance. If it was made in response to balance yes it is second.

Though jester is attacking the aspect of this truly balancing. If necro was not made for the purpose to balance then the time of creation could be different. Necro may have always been there.

Not out of character and not talking within the binding of the game but real life. Even if necro was released after GG by mur that does not by any means mean that it wasn't there before at the same time. That would just be editing and the aspect of focus.

Though mur does seem to like to divert from focus every once and a while.

[quote name='Kamisha' date='14 March 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1268616396' post='56435']
With all due respect I understand but this is the exact post that is being attacked awiiya. It talks about the returning of balance. If it was made in response to balance yes it is second.

Though jester is attacking the aspect of this truly balancing. If necro was not made for the purpose to balance then the time of creation could be different. Necro may have always been there.

Not out of character and not talking within the binding of the game but real life. Even if necro was released after GG by mur that does not by any means mean that it wasn't there before at the same time. That would just be editing and the aspect of focus.

Though mur does seem to like to divert from focus every once and a while.
[/quote]

You do not understand my post. I was saying balance as the final answer is not helpful. You need to break down the aspects involved in the land returning to balance to find out how balance works.