A Show Of Force 1 - Part 1

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

Some forget, some do not know, that MD is a very delicate machinery build on logic gears. It is an intricate mechanism where nothing is random. Such a machinery needs secrets buried at different levels of complexity to work, same as a perfume needs incenses with different times of effect so that together they build a delicate and beautiful sensation. Like notes in a symphony that cant sound random for the music to be pleasant.

Some of you, most ignorant and disrespectful, "veteran" players, think they know better. Building messenger groups and continuing the shit they started long ago and that i really hoped it ended. Well it seems these people continue to fuel such discontent and distorted beliefs to those they still can. No need to give names, but they know I am talking about them.

One of the things that keeps being fueled by such groups is related, again, about how ancient lore is missing and about how bad i did, destroying md, when i baned ancient lore and fairy tales type of things. They complain and bitch about why i have something against about digging up the past stories and inenting things along those lines.

I already said that the "ancient lore" doesnt realy exist, and that what ady wrote after the initial plan is not something i approved... you ignored that.

Because i am full pass the limit with your bitching, i will sacrifice one if MD biggest secrets, one if its main gears, just for you. You will realise how wrong you were, but it will be too late.
In return, i promise you will be sorry you find out the answer, because the questions i will cause after it will puzzle you even more. MD is much more deep than you (*points at specific group*) ignorant and persisting people care to know.

I will tell you who killed Marind and all you wanted to know about "ancient lore". Over 4 years i managed to keep this secret and USE it, now i throw it at your feet to show you something. If you understand what that something is, good for you, if not, keep bitching and complaining.

I appologise to those of you that do not deserve such a beautifull gear, secret, to be revealed this way, but like i said, MD is still much deeper and this secret will reveal new logic mechanisms.

To be continued....

Please don't do this Mur >.<

I LIKE not knowing the answers to the questions. The most important part of this game to me is the questions, not the answers.

Just pelt the dissenters with Oranges until they are comatose, no one will miss them :P

• Root Admin

Dont get me wrong. those didnt asked for the answer.
but i need to answer that so that you will all understand whats with the ancient lore and what the big big issue is. I tried to avoid it, but some people still think i am ignoring their efforts and that i did bad baning the lore.... you will soon find out...i am preparing my thoughts so i say what should be said, but keep something for those of you that know how to look. Who killed Marind has everything to do with ancient lore and why i baned it.

While I am extremely intrigued by who did kill her, I do not want to know. Not this way. Not because you have something to prove to a bunch of ignorant losers.

Reconsider what you are about to do, and shove that in their face. They will get the satisfaction of seeing you blow a fuse and reveal a major secret. They will try to do it again, and again, and again. Because they see you are capable of doing such a thing.

So, please. Do NOT do it. :'(

Perhaps it is better to let things slip gracefully in the night instead of destroying it. Every year this same thing occurs and every year we get punished for it. As a community I feel we should have a right to ask you to ban those people rather then keep getting punished on their behalf. But then again what do I know I am a mere grinder. (Should anyone else feel this way perhaps a poll would be more helpful)

Well, most of the ancient-lore affectionate "vets" should already know who is supposed to kill Marind (correct me if I'm wrong here), so I do think opening this to the public will have more impact on the average player than the said group. But then again, who knows what impact it will actually bring, I hope it is one that is best for MD.

[quote name='MRWander' date='27 April 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1272423723' post='58746']
Perhaps it is better to let things slip gracefully in the night instead of destroying it. Every year this same thing occurs and every year we get punished for it. As a community I feel we should have a right to ask you to ban those people rather then keep getting punished on their behalf. But then again what do I know I am a mere grinder. (Should anyone else feel this way perhaps a poll would be more helpful)
[/quote]

Ban those people that's looking at this not from murs point of view but ours. Murs personal point of view as he had to remind me once or twice in the past is that you can have open expression and open speech. His moral code has the simple result that he can only ban those who cause direct damage to the game community its self. This does not count as direct damage as marinids killer being revealed is collateral damage from those who wish to see this. So on a technicality this does not count but on the other it does not so it causes the conflict that he cant ban them. Now however on the other hand if somebody who did know went around telling everybody he could ban them as it would be considered a spoiler and we can only give hints by game rules.

[quote name='Kamisha' date='27 April 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1272425579' post='58749']
Ban those people that's looking at this not from murs point of view but ours. Murs personal point of view as he had to remind me once or twice in the past is that you can have open expression and open speech. His moral code has the simple result that he can only ban those who cause direct damage to the game community its self. This does not count as direct damage as marinids killer being revealed is collateral damage from those who wish to see this. So on a technicality this does not count but on the other it does not so it causes the conflict that he cant ban them. Now however on the other hand if somebody who did know went around telling everybody he could ban them as it would be considered a spoiler and we can only give hints by game rules.
[/quote]
To me this is very much like full metal jacket since we are being punished repeatedly due to actions of certain people i think we should have a right to excommunicate them do to the simple fact they are ruining the game for us. he has said himself that they are forcing him to reveal a big gear which in long term will be damaging to the game it shall open a pandoras box and it will in essence twist and destroy the game bring up MORE problems due to the simple fact that its the wrong order of revealing things our bet hope is he comes to realize this before he does act. And as for him not be able to ban him for it just because they bug him I am trying to take it out of his hands and let the community help decide if its better to force Murs hand in such decisions or let them unroll naturally by US the community as it is supposed to.

[quote name='MRWander' date='27 April 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1272427921' post='58750']
To me this is very much like full metal jacket since we are being punished repeatedly due to actions of certain people i think we should have a right to excommunicate them do to the simple fact they are ruining the game for us. he has said himself that they are forcing him to reveal a big gear which in long term will be damaging to the game it shall open a pandoras box and it will in essence twist and destroy the game bring up MORE problems due to the simple fact that its the wrong order of revealing things our bet hope is he comes to realize this before he does act. And as for him not be able to ban him for it just because they bug him I am trying to take it out of his hands and let the community help decide if its better to force Murs hand in such decisions or let them unroll naturally by US the community as it is supposed to.
[/quote]

Regardless how much we dislike them or don't want this group to interfere they are bound by the same rules we are. I am not advocating them or supporting them I am simply speaking the facts.

[quote name='Kamisha' date='27 April 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1272428830' post='58755']
Regardless how much we dislike them or don't want this group to interfere they are bound by the same rules we are. I am not advocating them or supporting them I am simply speaking the facts.
[/quote]
and one simple fact is the community gets choices i am merely pointing out one option that will probably be overlooked.

let's try looking at different perspectives before we accuse anyone.. :D

I just hope this doesn't grow to some big trouble.

[edit]

dont get me wrong. Oo

i don't like the secret to be spread too..

but what i meant was, consider why he is doing this too-

Edited by Mhilael

• Root Admin

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' date='28 April 2010 - 06:50 AM' timestamp='1272433827' post='58763']
Names Mur, give us names! Name and shame them who treaht our secrets, all shall known the ignorants.
[/quote]

Everyone can point at everyone else and blame them, for we are all partially to blame. Most Vets would *LIKE* the old lore back because that meant you had things to rely on, to research and to build off of.

But, When you realise WHY you cant have the ancient lore, it makes a lot of sense. Its no point letting someone write a story and keep it as [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)"]canon[/url] because it wont fit it. Take the Ancient lore as it is, a nice story, that COULD fit into MD very well, But then fact is its not offical and you have to ignore its effect.

And naming people always makes things worse, for then you have a target for anger and it becomes a witchhunt. Which is even more pointless because it seems that Mur has already made up his mind.

[quote name='Chewett' date='28 April 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1272434468' post='58766']
Everyone can point at everyone else and blame them, for we are all partially to blame. Most Vets would *LIKE* the old lore back because that meant you had things to rely on, to research and to build off of.

But, When you realise WHY you cant have the ancient lore, it makes a lot of sense. Its no point letting someone write a story and keep it as [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)"]canon[/url] because it wont fit it. Take the Ancient lore as it is, a nice story, that COULD fit into MD very well, But then fact is its not offical and you have to ignore its effect.

And naming people always makes things worse, for then you have a target for anger and it becomes a witchhunt. Which is even more pointless because it seems that Mur has already made up his mind.
[/quote]

i agree. :<

which is precisely why i said for us to try and understand why he's doing this instead.. and uhh.. try not to add more to the fire.

and.. oh yeah- if opinions are welcomed, coming from an almost fresh player..

i wouldn't want something as sensitive as that to be spread out. the essence of the story would be pretty much.. rendered pointless- thus, i could only think of an ending where as the game losing a good storyline because of this if all this goes out of hand.

i really do wish that doesn't happen..

but ironically, this is the best thing i can do. say whats on my mind.

all i can do now is wait. :D

Edited by Chewett

but story mode needs to change too. (speaking of the state as now, before we get to know the Marind's killer)
those players who complain leave...

but then bunch of newbies get here with questions about story mode, cause I guess some of them will understand story mode as goal of the game (as some would ignore it and concentrate on fighting, or their own roles unrelated to the story mode... etc.).

Either is it changed somehow, either the ending is made, or somehow you make sure every newbie knows he should never speak about Lore in its life :D

[b]edit[/b] cause newbies don't actually read posts of over a year ago...
hell even I don't know/remember why was Lore removed specifically. (like with such passion I mean, what happened for you to all of a sudden make a boom, Mur, it's understandable why it got removed, but why in such way.)

I guess we'll find out now

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

facts:

-Someone rubbishing on YIM has no relations with you at all Mur. How can it affect you?? Unless you believe your players of MD community are that easy to manipulate?
-Those who don't wanna know, don't read the topic.
-What have I said wrong Akasha? as far as I know Mur never liked that players talk about ancient lore, ok for the veterans, but how can he prevent the newbies from asking questions if the ancient lore is still there to be seen?

facts:

- dissusion from ym are bought in MD and rants and bitching; manipulating? =)) dear, you have the same problems and you confirmed that you are part of the ones in subject
- it is not easy not to read, when everything will change after it. It is not somethng to avoid.

[size="3"][b]- if you keep adi's fairytales and continue them in your stories; keep alive the stupidity of antcient lore, ofc new players ask what is with that.[/b][/size]
That is the problem.

I simply answered your questions for you to see you should really shut up; you make no sence other then random. daily rant; pretend you never heard, at least..but i guess it is not in your power to simply stay away from the damage caussed ...

in some minisecounds i feel sad for you (you those in subject)..you must really suffer i guess.

no Akasha, I did no rant, I pointed out the practical problems in erasing history :D
the problems I had with ignoring Ancient Lore I mentioned in the original topic, and I never schemed anything. and those weren't really a problems (in that original topic) I just told how it was really pointless, besides don't know why you (in general) get so disturbed when someone gets obsessed with Ancient lore... let them be, how and why on earth you get affected ?!

The fact "THAT SOMEONE EVIL" is my friend with who I rarely chatter anyways, and is a friend of most of you peoples, doesn't make me a plotter.

so cut off your paranoia on me that I'm aught to get you, and quit sabotaging my every move.

edit: I'm just playing the game, so leave me be. Try to get in your head of yours that world isn't black and white... or in this case A/A

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

On the beggining sorry for my English.

To be honest i will be rather considered as one of the new players in MD so i dont understand the whole problem I dont even know what ancient lore was. I dont wana to ask Mur or any of you not to reveal secrets or stop complaining - see no point in it. I see that you have a problem... But i will at last try to show you my own opinion in the subjest you started.

Mure - there will be always ppl complaining, looking for they own way to see the reality and irritating. You created the problem by yourself in the moment you went really mad and start the iscussion. It is always better to ignore idiots coz other way they will bring down to their own lvl and then bit you with their experiance. In this situation better to consider why not add some pleaces that will take players into story mode (other one then - when they are changing lvl) that would add some action in the game, and belive me some of them are just bored. The thought that players should create quest is nice but it does not dissolve. Not everyone can participate from diferent reasons and because this world does not have true history (i dont say it is bad) there is no variety in quest created by players. Every such game needs public quests even really small ones to push the story and to occupay players. Belive me they will stop irritate you if they will have something new to do. I write this as a player and game master in rpg systems - at last i have such experiances with players.

I am surprised on how you, the researchers and users of old lore, haven't found out who killed Marind yet :D. That says a lot about your skills, i guess...
And with the lack of skills comes ignorance. And to cover that you cling to something that gives you stability (although it is an apparent stability given by lack of information). So I guess I understand why everybody shouts that banning old lore was the worst move possible.
To be honest, until maybe a week ago I never have fully read the story. Or I did but in diagonal (skipping parts and reading few words in a phrase etc). That was of great help because I was not dragged into the "ancient lore hysteria".

Now, let it go. In 2 years that I have been playing I learned to trust Mur's decisions even if at first they seem chaotic, they make no sense, they seem unfair etc etc. Have some faith people!