A Show Of Force 1 - Part 1

Muratus del Mur

[quote name='dst' date='28 April 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1272441891' post='58779']
I am surprised on how you, the researchers and users of old lore, haven't found out who killed Marind yet :D. That says a lot about your skills, i guess...
And with the lack of skills comes ignorance. And to cover that you cling to something that gives you stability (although it is an apparent stability given by lack of information). So I guess I understand why everybody shouts that banning old lore was the worst move possible.
To be honest, until maybe a week ago I never have fully read the story. Or I did but in diagonal (skipping parts and reading few words in a phrase etc). That was of great help because I was not dragged into the "ancient lore hysteria".

Now, let it go. In 2 years that I have been playing I learned to trust Mur's decisions even if at first they seem chaotic, they make no sense, they seem unfair etc etc. Have some faith people!
[/quote]

he wouldn't "preserve" such info for 5 years for nothing. :D

Edited by Mhilael

Why are you people turning this into a rant...quit it! First of all Mur posted an information i don;t think we were supposed to comment abut it. Akasha , as always you are overreacting.People bond connections and it;s natural to talk in YiM this won;t affect MD at all. Ancient lore is important to MD but i agree is should stay ancient, and reseach on it should be avoided .This discussion only turns people attention on Ancient Lore.

[i][color="#2e8b57"]*points at the specific group* Thanks!!! Now look what youve done!!! for those of us who utterly abhore hearing the answers to puzzles before we solve them, or dont care to know who killed Marind - we're gonna hear it anyway because YOU LOT *points at the specific group* will go on yabbering about it for weeks afterwards and having pointless, drab discussion about it be it here on the forum or in game and spoil it for the rest of us.

Thanks...Thanks a lot!
[/color][/i]

[quote name='Chewett' date='28 April 2010 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1272434468' post='58766']
And naming people always makes things worse, for then you have a target for anger and it becomes a witchhunt. Which is even more pointless because it seems that Mur has already made up his mind.
[/quote]
Awwh common Chewy, don´t say you haven´t took this ironically? :D

Strange to see your battless in here because of this topic. I even know and I dont care, because I can see behind all those. This whole MD story has no ending, even if you know Marinds killer. The spirit of the story, the carnivals and behind shall keep your imagination to play on!

I would say name the specific group. Make the people of MD know who they are, why should they be able to spoil other peoples fun just for their own selfish needs?

[quote name='dst' date='28 April 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1272441891' post='58779']
I learned to trust Mur's decisions even if at first they seem chaotic, they make no sense, they seem unfair etc etc. Have some faith people!
[/quote]

I think nearly everyone trusts and respects Mur's decision so as Dst says "Have some faith people!" :D

Funny This calling for naming and shaming.

If this had happened 18 months ago i think i might have been one to say the same.
But i have seen much and learned much in MD and this i can now say.

DON'T name and shame.
It is just a waste of time.

The circle must be broken at some point yes i believed that getting rid of ancient
lore was a bad idea. But i understood why it had to be done. The issue really is that
with ancient lore gone it left a void. This void was the real issue to be honest.

Now i didn't want to have the whole Marind story spelled out. It was one of my RP/Research
things i was working on for the last 3 months and now with the release of that story info
that has been ruined.

The problem is yes some people see things clearly some don't. Some have a lack of understanding
or view. Now that i know the real story of Marind i am not happy as now this erases much of my
current story line work. If i post any of it the response will be you were told that in the forum.

Yes the ancient Lore was taken away. Get over it. Some of the info within it was useful some was not.
the whole point of the lore was to strip out the lies and work with the little truths within.
This was part of being a researcher. But the Lore was tainted even further with stories and made
things harder to see.

So what of History? Well i am sure if you look hard enough you will see some new truths since the release of
info has come out i can see other ideas and new ways to research. But it is getting that info validated in some
way. How do we do this well that is now something else that needs working on. But well we will see :)

Now i don't think people need be name and shamed and no i am NOT one of them or at least i don't think i am.
To name and shame people will just create a bigger mess and cause yet another head hunt. Hmm. History repeating itself.
I will ask this though.

The people asking for ancient lore. There is a bit of misunderstanding i think. I see it this way. the ancient lore was
something to fall back on if you got stuck in research. It helped to be able to see something that could point you in
another direction. I think what those people are really asking for is for info to fall back on from the past that has
some sort of fact within it.

Not ancient Lore. But something from someone who has done research and figured out the truth. not the truth spelt out in
a document but hidden for the people to find. Yes i know the info in said to be in front of you and is all over MD. But
sometimes a little help to see something small will help to unlock a great deal more. Many know me as a researcher/Tyrant
but those that really know me know much more to what i really am. I know it is hard to find truth and no one wants to give
it away after working so hard to get it. But sometimes it help to share to get to the bigger picture.

Many who know me have gotten some of what i have researched and have a different view this makes me reevaluate what i have
discovered and i am all the happier for it as this i feel bring me closer to the truth. It is as Mur has said. The best answer is
the one that creates more questions. I agree with this as then it means the answer is not perfect YET.

Sorry i have gone into a big rant here.
But basically what has been done has been done. It is time to move on
and work together on what you wish to do be it fighting or be it research
find like minded people and start the process. Trust me you will find that
a better use of your time then to head hunt.

Yrth

Edited by Yrthilian

I DONT PERSONALLY THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT NAMING AND BLAMING, BECAUSE IF I AM RIGHT ALOT OF IT IS INDIRECTLY INVOLVED AND THIS PART WILL DO A FULL ROUND UP OF ALL THE MOANING.

I MYSELF WOULD RATHER IT WAS NOT REVEALED, BUT I HAVE NEVER TRULY DELVED DEEP ENOUGH INTO THE GAME, BUT MERELY SCRATCHED ITS COMPLEXED SURFACE. THERE ARE SO MANY DIVERSITYS THAT I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHERE MUR FITS IT ALL INTO A SINGLE MIND!

UNFORTUNATELY CHASING COMPLAINERS AND TRYING TO PERSECUTE THEM WOULD HAVE NO REAL EFFECT, AS WE CANNOT ACTUALLY DO ALOT TO THEM REALLY APART FROM MAKE LIFE A LITTLE MISERABLE FOR A WHILE. AS WITH BANNING, THEY ARE NOT ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING TO JEPODISE THE GAME, JUST MAKING LIFE MISERABLE BY CONSTANTLY MOANING.

I ENJOYED ANCIENT LORE, BUT IF SOMETHING NO LONGER HAS A PLACE IT SHOULD NOT BE A PART OF THE GAME.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Sharazhad' date='28 April 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1272443541' post='58782']
[i][color="#2e8b57"]*points at the specific group* Thanks!!! Now look what youve done!!! for those of us who utterly abhore hearing the answers to puzzles before we solve them, or dont care to know who killed Marind - we're gonna hear it anyway because YOU LOT *points at the specific group* will go on yabbering about it for weeks afterwards and having pointless, drab discussion about it be it here on the forum or in game and spoil it for the rest of us.

Thanks...Thanks a lot!
[/color][/i]
[/quote]

Unless you are Joking, i will very rudely say you are too young to have seen the damage naming and shaming had last time. its happened. GET OVER IT.

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='28 April 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1272458916' post='58797']
Funny This calling for naming and shaming.

If this had happened 18 months ago i think i might have been one to say the same.
But i have seen much and learned much in MD and this i can now say.

DON'T name and shame.
It is just a waste of time.
[/quote]

Yrth knows that fact that naming and shaming does nothing, as i would hope a lot of others do.

I must say, these emotionally charged responses are a more interesting read than that old lore was. :)

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='28 April 2010 - 07:48 AM' timestamp='1272458916' post='58797']
The issue really is that with ancient lore gone it left a void. This void was the real issue to be honest.
[/quote]

Quite true.
But I wonder why it is that some people simply cannot deal with a void...

• Root Admin

i didn't named anyone. I can just hope they will stop intoxicating new players that ask normal questions and let them understand on their own md is not normal. The old players already got the point from the other post, even if they agree to it or not.

i donknow where we are supposed to Reasearch in MD, you have the berserkrs puzzle which gives a certain result, but that is the only thing i can thik off, unless you start a new character and play all the storylines, is that where the researching begins?

if we are supposed to look at a scene and work out things from them, im unsure what

would there be away for the path that you have taken as a character be logged into a "diary" so at least you can see whcih decisions you took where, and what the results were

i dont really know what im supposed to be reserching anyway. but as theysay.. ignorance is bliss?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Indyra' date='28 April 2010 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1272443170' post='58781']
Why are you people turning this into a rant...quit it! First of all Mur posted an information i don;t think we were supposed to comment abut it. Akasha , as always you are overreacting.People bond connections and it;s natural to talk in YiM this won;t affect MD at all. Ancient lore is important to MD but i agree is should stay ancient, and reseach on it should be avoided .This discussion only turns people attention on Ancient Lore.
[/quote]

[color="#006400"]This here is dead on for newer players. All of the ranting about the ancient lore is making me now go to find the Ancient Lore and see what it is and why everyone is so obsessed over it. Yes I played the game 3 years ago probably when it was still "there", but I remember hardly anything from it and truthfully to me. The game feels like it hasn't changed much at all in the last 3 years other than things here and there. Now to read the next post since as they say: curiosity killed the cat. Since I read this thinking it was gonna be something completely different. I might as well just finish what I started.[/color]