Clickables Become Unclickable/constant Interface Shut-Down

Aysun

The best way to explain this problem is to describe it:

If I am trying to move to another scene via the arrows or a gate, it will not highlight when I mouse over it, and then clicking it causes the mouse to flash on the screen, requiring constant repetitive clicking before it actually works. This happens with anything that can be moused over-- items, the menu, arrows, gates, creature recharging, anything. In the midst of this head contest no less, this is extremely frustrating and makes things very, very difficult when trying to maneuver in game.

I am also constantly having a problem with the game just shutting down completely to where I get the 'you have multiple windows of magic duel open and are in forced idle mode' even though I never have multiple windows of the game open. Ever. This happens at any time. I could be moving locations, I could be sitting completely still for half an hour chatting and it'll do it. Worst of all is when I'm trying to fight or quickly move from place to place.

I have no idea if these two issues might be related to each other, but in an odd way it seems possible. Regardless, both are extremely frustrating, and I really, really don't want to break my brand new laptop smashing down on the clicker because nothing clicks properly half the time. *sigh*

My hardware and software is as follows: I have a MacBook Pro, OSX.6, and play MD on the newest version of Firefox.

Best of luck in discovering a solution, because it's driving me batty....

-A

Hmm... new book is not the problem, 'old internet' might be.
When your connection is quite crappy and gives monstrous pings every once in a while, it could appear to the server as if you were sending two-three commands at once, and that makes it idle you.
Wait a bit longer, specially when fighting, and let the site finsih loading, once you are not downloading anymore, even the crappiest connection will be able to upload in decent time^^

[quote name='Burns' date='30 May 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1275203806' post='60610']
Hmm... new book is not the problem, 'old internet' might be.
When your connection is quite crappy and gives monstrous pings every once in a while, it could appear to the server as if you were sending two-three commands at once, and that makes it idle you.
Wait a bit longer, specially when fighting, and let the site finsih loading, once you are not downloading anymore, even the crappiest connection will be able to upload in decent time^^
[/quote]

I can pretty much guarantee that my connection isn't the problem. I thought at first that it was the script in game getting out of whack after being up for too long of a period of time, but even after reloading, it seemed to make it worse. I also tried a new window with the same result. But I could very nearly bet money that my internet isn't the problem.

It sounds like a Flash problem.

Try re-installing Flash, if it doesn't help, clear your cache and restart your computer.

If things still don't get better, try using a different browser, and as strange as this sounds, maybe use an OLDER version of FireFox (try a pre-3.0 release)

If all else fails, get yourself a competant browser like Opera ;)

• 2 weeks later...