English

Grido

Can any/all observed spelling/grammer errors on the english "translation" of MD be emailed to grido(at)ymail(dot)com

I now have access to the translation pages for it, so i'll try to fix them where they come in. ^_^

--Grido

note; i mean emailed, don't post here

I've gone over MB, NML, MDA, UG, LR, NCR (Otr.) and Labyrinth public locations, as well as all links right of the scene.
Completed Combat Gear descriptors, taking a break.

I'm not checking Golemus, don't want to get stuck there
Someone else will also need to do the spells, as I only have three (they all have spelling errors, but someone else can work on them. I'll send mine off last, after everything else)
I am not doing the combat interface, Creatures, the Shop, or the Story. I may do the creatures and combat interface later, as well as parts of the shop.
I am not doing the FAQ (access via the LHO buttons), or the links along the top yet, I might later.

(obviously, I haven't got things from the tutorial or from during the Soul Trap puzzle)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

[quote name='Metal Bunny' date='11 June 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1276218992' post='61608']
:*), after so many years, so, very, very, many years, it's finally going to be fixed.

Finally, no more newbies asking why it isn't in correct english.

Surely, we have been delivered from evil
[/quote]I am your deliverer and you shall bow to me bunbun :D

@K, i want to say thanks, but the doc you sent is 16 pages long XD YAY work :D good job though, seriously

@S, well i just did a few and seems to update fine...don't know what the issue you have is though

Links along the Top completed, FAQ Completed.
Wish Shop worked on, final 12 wishes still needed.

Oh C***, day of Tranquility. I'll work on combat another day then >.>
(got the Day of Tranquility text done though <_<)

After that I will begin work on the Creatures Text, I have everything publicly released at all stages except Windy and Tainted Angien (Neither of which I think has flavour text, but if they do someone please either post it [which is a spoiler] or edit it yourselves), and I am missing the first two levels of TS.

For the shop, I have the Shop text I am missing items with ID's: 11-12, 15-19, 21, 25, 28, 30-31, 33, 35-36, 38, 40-41, 43, 48, 50-56, 59, 64, 66-69, 71-76, 78-79, 82+ (if there are any)
Four of these items are the Christmas gifts (NOT Creatures), I have all of them :))

(NOTE: I am NOT going to get the text for when you purchase each item. For a start, that's about $250 worth of credits, for another many of these items can only be purchased once ever and I already have, yet another is that I have no resets, then 7 of these items are only available at christmas, and lastly some of these items have multiple texts)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='11 June 2010 - 07:36 AM' timestamp='1276234587' post='61621']
Well, he should be able to do it..but the admin panel is broken.

At least for me, and one other translator I asked, rendril.

Any comments?
[/quote]
It's back up again, yours should be working too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[color="#ff0000"]Worshipr[/color] Protector: Type in the playername you will worship. Player must be Mindpower [size="6"][color="#ff0000"]7[/color][/size] and you will get in a close gaming relationship with him. You must respect and obey your protector, denying your protectors wishes or changing him will cost you dearly. Your protector will have life and death powers over you.

Must be Worship

Must be Mind Power 6 or 7

BFH, I think efforts to help with the English 'translation' should be encouraged. However, it requires more than just a "spelling-check" and updated game mechanics. To illustrate this point I'll try and redo the protector text.

That little piece of text is actually filled with grammatical errors and sentences that sound peculiar. I'd go for something like:

Worship Protector:

Enter the name of the player you will worship. (When using type in you need to refer to something to type in in that sentence and enter is much more common)

Player must be Mindpower 6 or 7. Your characters are entering a close in game relationship. (Revised sentence to avoid overusing will)

You must respect and obey your protector,

denying your protectors' wishes or switching protector will cost you dearly. (Possessive, no more "him" as that is always male and switching to avoid overusing your)

Your protector will have the power of life and death over you. ("have life and death powers over you" Sounds wrong and even if it's not, it's very peculiar)

I by no means claim to be capable of producing flawless grammatical structures (in any language :D ) and this is not against you. I'd recommend you wait until Grido says the English 'translation' is finished before submitting errors they might have missed to anyone who's not a native speaker. Simply because people will need to double check for peculiar errors we might make.

Edited by lightsage

There are certain pages i cannot edit as they are not part of the translation interface (i figure because they are written in the code, rather than some other reason). Whilst saying that i've only managed to get about a third/half of the way through the docs that Kyphis helpfully sent me with all the errors he spotted (and BFH also sent me an email), i do chunks when i have time to, but it is getting done :P

OK, saying all that, the worsipper bit mentioned is one of those pieces i cannot edit, because there's a lot along the same lines (like the shop) i wont be able to make a full list of areas i cannot edit, i will try to list the things Kyphis/BFH sent me which i cannot edit though (When i've "finished").

When i have been through all those submitted i'll have a look at the full list of editable areas, though this may not be thorough, as there are a LOT of them, after this i will post the list of places which i'm aware i cannot edit and will post FInished or some such :P

Just gonna take a wild guess or two;
You can't edit the text within the windows that pop up such as shops or attack interface
You can't edit what the arrows say after hovering over them for a second; "Tranquil Plains - (1Ap)"
You can't edit the poems that appear when you enter a new location
You can't edit location names
You can't edit information that shows up when you click on someone's name such as VP and Vit
etc.

Just some guesses, not official in any way >>

That wish does smaller tags underneath the location name, such as the one at the Park that says "Sparring Grounds", I believe.

But in my post, I am talking about [i]Grido's[/i] editing privileges (or rather, restrictions), not the ones that anybody has.

@Pip
You can't edit the text within the windows that pop up such as shops or attack interface[b] - Don't know exactly what you're talking about, suspect i can[/b]

You can't edit what the arrows say after hovering over them for a second; "Tranquil Plains - (1Ap)"[b] - Can, but can't add any new ones[/b]

You can't edit the poems that appear when you enter a new location [b] - Can, but can't add any new ones (Why would i need to?)[/b]

You can't edit location names [b]- Can, but can't add any new ones (Nor can i think of ~any~ reason i'd need to for english...)[/b]

You can't edit information that shows up when you click on someone's name such as VP and Vit [b]- Think i can, but again, really no need[/b]

Pages which are .php pages i can't edit, like the lnks along the top, think most/all. Few other areas, most interface text i can edit, like those you listed, anyways will tell you all when i've done

• 1 month later...

Gone through a lot of the translation pages, but there are thousands, so takes a long time to go through them all.

If you can find any that are NOT in these areas please email me;

Side panel and info pages (Wishpoints, Spell pages, Inventory etc) -- note i ~can~ edit the spell pages themselves, but have been requested not to touch them.
Spell Book (above where the spells are listed, and names changed)
Anything written on daily progress page
Calender
Any of the links along the top of the screen (exceptions of LHO Treasury and MDNP page)
Wish Shop (or email regarding clickables)
MD Shop
Combat Interface
Issue message about flash bug on beserkers puzzle
MD Homepage

(there could be more, these are ones i know about that i cannot edit)

The help pages i (now) can edit, but because most of the content needs updating there's little point correcting the spelling on it just yet.

• 3 weeks later...

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for, but I noticed something in my fight log.

"Fight ended because it was too long. Player that lost the most of his army [u]looses[/u]."

looses should be loses[/font][/color]

Please read the post indicated before listing more things to edit, if you find new areas, tell me, otherwise i know these need fixing

[quote name='Grido(polis)' timestamp='1284156787' post='68174']
If you can find any that are NOT in these areas please email me;
Any of the links along the top of the screen (exceptions of LHO Treasury and MDNP page)
[/quote]

• 1 month later...