Tournament Of Champions

Darigan

tokens or not?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='The Phoenix' date='18 July 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1279427482' post='64108']
Name: The Phoenix
Land: Marind Bell
MP : 4

Edit:
I just noticed that the fight rules now is with 0% pray power and no token so i withdrawing. I dont have any capable creatures for defense with 0% (and believe me,i really don't have :)) ), and even spells allowed i also dont have any..,Based on the tournament system which is 1 on 1 and using best of 3 win count, then only 1 player will get a 2nd chance to do the attack initiative, and if you only will get that 2nd chance by lucky then i can't go with it,and i hope i dont missed any meaning of that system..Thank you.
[/quote]
In this regard, I would suggest that whoever has had the lower margin of winning should be the one to attack the second time.

(also, what's with the bold after Pheonix's post?)

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='20 July 2010 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1279611896' post='64206']

(also, what's with the bold after Pheonix's post?)
[/quote]

I'm sorry Kyph,but i dont know how to turn it back to the standard fonts, i just write and the bold keep coming.. :))

Combos would suggest you've had the rit planned for a bit and things haven't changed on the rit (upgraded crits, tokens added, etc) So It's a given that combos wouldn't be allowed.

Phoenix theres currently 3 other mp4s signed up is there anyway you could come up with a defense that works with no tokens at 0%, If not I'll completely understand and I'll take you off my list....just for those wondering after the initial test run of this tourney I am hoping to run another for the higher ups so people can go crazy with tokens or something like that.

At the moment I'm in need of one more mp4 and I'll give you the tempermental(subject to change) schedule for mp5s:

MRPip\
Chewett/

Mr Mystery\
adimino/

Phantasm\
Fryd/

Sephirah\
Sanjura/

If there is anyone else that would like to sign up please do so

I'm not expecting the fights to happen one after the other because of time and other restraints I'll probably space out the duels to match the schedules of the two fights per match so that whomever your paired up with will be around when you are :))

[quote name='Darigan' date='20 July 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1279614219' post='64214']

Phoenix theres currently 3 other mp4s signed up is there anyway you could come up with a defense that works with no tokens at 0%, If not I'll completely understand and I'll take you off my list....
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but 0% for defense and no combo allowed for attack, then i'm totally screwed, Pathetic you may say.. :))
Well,good luck for all the contestant.. :))

ps: I'm sorry but i think Mr Mystery is MP4

I'm sorry before for this extension post.

I change my mind, i think i'll join now,thanx to Yoshi that changed my mind and made me gettin some fresh creatures :))
Since Mp4 contestant are 5 now, so still need 1 more though.. :P

:P[b][size="2"]Thank you dst [/size][/b]

[color="#0000FF"]Oh dear lord, boy! Make up your mind! You're worst then a woman!
Oh...I merged your posts...that's why I am posting here...
dst[/color]

Edited by The Phoenix

[color="#FF0000"]Name withdrawn from the competition. But my offer still holds good...[/color]

[size="6"]People i request you to send me all your fight logs when this happens... Person who sends me the maximum number of fight logs wins two silver. In case of a tie.. one silver each to the first two people to send me the fight logs.[/size]

Erm... not allowing Shop crits and spells would be great as well... It'd give an equal chance to noobs :))

Edited by Esmerelda

• Root Admin

[quote name='Esmerelda' date='20 July 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1279652140' post='64251']
[size="6"]People i request you to send me all your fight logs when this happens... Person who sends me the maximum number of fight logs wins two silver. In case of a tie.. one silver each to the first two people to send me the fight logs.[/size]
[/quote]

Wow, so you cant be bothered to think of decent rits? you are going to get people to send you logs so you can make better rituals? How disappointing because i cant see any other reason for this.

[quote name='Esmerelda' date='20 July 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1279652140' post='64251']
I wish to participate...

Name: Nimrodel

Homeland: Loreroot

MP5

Erm... not allowing Shop crits and spells would be great as well... It'd give an equal chance to noobs :))
[/quote]

I think the not allowing shop crits and spells part could be reserved for a different tourney. THIS is the tourney of champions xD

[quote name='Chewett' date='21 July 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1279652779' post='64252']
Wow, so you cant be bothered to think of decent rits? you are going to get people to send you logs so you can make better rituals? How disappointing because i cant see any other reason for this.
[/quote]

Its not about me not being bothered to think of decent rits.. its to know about the variety of rits people would be using and to see what went wrong in each rit... Its what i do everyday at the SG... Why do you think i am participating in this tournament? To study the logs... the rits used in this tournament would be useless in MP5 as people have insane stats and heavily tokened crits... I know its near impossible for me to win... The only reason I am participating in this tournament is to learn more about the basics. And people wont bother to pay attention unless some kind of prize is offered.. I have no intentions of winning this tournament... If you want i can withdraw my name from it just to prove my point.

*cough* Okie my poor creation seems to have gone insane while my Internet company had a crash keeping me offline for most of today. So give me a minute to catch up.

Nim is in? or out? I've gotten confused completely on that part lol.

Mr Mystery-yes unless someone can come up with a more fair system to insure fair fights for this first tournament, then yes it looks much like this will be a 0% non tokened tourney. As I said this is not the last tournament I plan on having and others will have different rules. Hopefully you will still want to participate.

and to answer you all I had the idea last night after I'd logged off-no spells for the reasons dst pretty much labeled. Weaken, Guardian Army, Mirror Ritual, attack lock. These are the ones I'm aware of that could be useful but they'd leave one or both participants in a bad spot.

Shop Crits I"m still considering at the moment. Oppinons?

list so far

Yoshi-mp4
kyphis-mp4
The Phoenix-mp4
Mr Mystery-mp4
Nadrolski-mp4

Fryd Argentus-Mp5
Chewett-mp5
MRPip-mp5
Sephirah Caelum-mp5
Phantasm-mp5
Sajura Oninay-mp5
adiomino-mp5
dst-mp5
Clock Master-Mp5

Miss anyone?

edit-sorry guys was trying to catch up on things didn't mean to miss you and I hope i get more mp4's

Edited by Darigan

Personally, I say don't allow shop creatures, because this is meant to be strategic, not based on strength, and shop creatures are either stronger versions of ordinary creatures (ie. Imps), boosters for ordinary creatures (ie. Rusties, Reins) or both (ie. BloodPacts).

However, if you weren't just going for strategic fights, then go ahead and allow shop creatures. Doesn't affect me either way, because I only have one or two on MRPip >>

Wolfs asked me to add him to the mp4 list, he for some reason can't post here so I'll do it for him

Wolfs-mp4
Yoshi-mp4
Nads-mp4
Mr Mystery-mp4
Kyphis-mp4
The Pheonix-mp4
Anatoli-mp4

Fryd Argentus-Mp5
Chewett-mp5
MRPip-mp5
Sephirah Caelum-mp5
Phantasm-mp5
Sajura Oninay-mp5
adiomino-mp5
dst-mp5
Clock Master-Mp5

I could use some more mp4's and at least one more mp5 and also I'm debating on rewards

Edited by Darigan

[u]MP4[/u]
Wolfs-mp4\
Anatoli-mp4/

Yoshi-mp4\
Nads-mp4/

Mr Mystery-mp4\
The Pheonix-mp4/

Kyphis-mp4\

[u]MP5[/u]

Fryd Argentus-Mp5\
arront222-mp5/