Tournament Of Champions

Darigan

tokens or not?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some but not many of you know over the last couple days I've been contemplating a few quests in my head. One such quest I've come up with is a tournament with brackets and all to be held later this month. Things are still being etched out, but I've got a few general things I will state right now:

The matches will be one vs one
the matches will be best 2/3 duels wins
the rules for the duels will be as such

0% pray power and no tokens.
Spells may be allowed.

As I can probably guess since the new archer came out theres probably not many of you that have decent nontokened crits. If this turns out to be the case for a majority of those that wish to fight then the rules may be changed to 100% pray power to negate the tokens, but I want this to be battles that you have to use your brains to consider how to win not just go in and slaughter everything that moves in the first round, though I'm fully aware that may happen anywhich way I put it.

As I said this will take place later this month and possibly begining of next month and I hope to make this and a few other quests I have in mind normal occurances.

Now on to what I need from you if you'd like to participate:

Name:
Land:
MP:

this will help determine the setup I set for the brackets and balance things out :)

Edited by Darigan

Zero tokens will be pretty hard to find. Definitly allow non-functional tokens (e.g., time related ones not active, and claws on wrong creature types, etc.)

Suggest you say 0% slider (which wipes out power issues) and set up your brackets based on total number of tokens allowed in the rituals:

0, 1-2, 3-4, 5-8, 9-16, No limit.

I guess you'd have to do this for each MP level....

Maybe the token brackets depend on the round you are in in the competition.....

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' date='17 July 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1279366373' post='64065']
Zero tokens will be pretty hard to find. Definitly allow non-functional tokens (e.g., time related ones not active, and claws on wrong creature types, etc.)

Suggest you say 0% slider (which wipes out power issues) and set up your brackets based on total number of tokens allowed in the rituals:

0, 1-2, 3-4, 5-8, 9-16, No limit.

I guess you'd have to do this for each MP level....

Maybe the token brackets depend on the round you are in in the competition.....
[/quote]
Yeah! of course zero tokens is hard to find.

Land is mandatory??

-rider

Limiting the amount of tokens is very hard. The best idea would be battles at 50% power. That way you have token power(1/2)and vital energy(1/2) Should round it off. Though those with high stats(including attack,power,defence and initiative) and high principles will find the battling easier. You should perhaps base the fights on stats, and try to have people fighting others that have the same stats, and possibly principle(This could be your bracket range)
Just a few ideas :)

Edit: When I say that limiting the amount of tokens is hard because 1) Some elder players could have more tokens on their creatures that some(or that spend alot) and 2) Some tokens will have different abilities. You could have one players tokens mainly VE boosting, whilst the others stat boosting.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

Just for the record I officially despise tokens, I kind of figured they might end up being the sticking point to this.

I'll answer the easy question first

dragonrider: No land is not mandatory, if you don't have a land thats fine, one of the ways i'd been thinking about dividing up the brackets was by lands and then having land champions go against each other. Neutral lands and those with no affiliation would have their own bracket.

Fryd, Sasha, Adio, Mystery I'll consider your ideas and any that anyone else has, I'm still working things out this was basically just to be the sign up sheet for this thing.:) and thank you all for your ideas.

To avoid double posting I'll just edit and add this here:

For those of you that took part in Tarqs quest, How many of you liked and agreed with the fighting system he'd set up? I went back and looked it over and I could apply a few things here:

No more than 1 of any given kind of drachorn in one ritual.

No more than 2 of the same type of creature in one ritual (shop equivalents, such as BloodPact archers, pimped grasans, and Soulweavers, count as separate types of creature for this purpose).

Offensive vitality must be set to 100%.

Edit again: yay for Kyphis! thanks

Edited by Darigan

[quote name='Darigan' date='17 July 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1279388440' post='64079']
Offensive vitality must be set to 100%.
[/quote]

I still think it should be 50% otherwise people with high VE and other stats will be more likely to win for they have more VE they can loose. Anyway ^^ goodluck making it and I look forward to participating.

The system in my quest was fun but had a basic flaw, because all tokened rituals defend at 100% token power regardless of their slider setting. Word to the wise. :)

I think it's a good idea to ask for untokened rituals entirely. Cryxus and I sponsored a tournament with that rule, and we saw some very good fights. A strong player can create a good ritual without tokens in a surprisingly short amount of time.

[quote name='Tarquinus' date='18 July 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1279406694' post='64095']
because all tokened rituals defend at 100% token power regardless of their slider setting.

[/quote]

Not anymore. This is fixed. Tokens now work same way in defense as they work in attack.

[quote name='Darigan' date='18 July 2010 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1279410761' post='64099']
if i made this a no token 0%prayer tournament can I get a decent response?
[/quote]
Oh!! God then I may have get some new creatures. Most of my creatures have atleast one token :)
-rider

[quote name='dragonrider7' date='17 July 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1279420165' post='64104']
Oh!! God then I may have get some new creatures. Most of my creatures have atleast one token :)
-rider
[/quote]
Thats what I'm afraid of but its the best way I can see to make things fair.

[s][size="2"][b][font="Arial"]Name: The Phoenix[/s]
[s]Land: Marind Bell[/s]
[s]MP : 4 [/font][/b][/size][/s]

Edit:
I just noticed that the fight rules now is with 0% pray power and no token so i withdrawing. I dont have any capable creatures for defense with 0% (and believe me,i really don't have :P ), and even spells allowed i also dont have any..,Based on the tournament system which is 1 on 1 and using best of 3 win count, then only 1 player will get a 2nd chance to do the attack initiative, and if you only will get that 2nd chance by lucky then i can't go with it,and i hope i dont missed any meaning of that system..Thank you.

Edited by The Phoenix