No Sanctuary Day

Peace

We do have days of tranquility when everybody is safe from attacking. I was thinking if we could have a no sactuary day for the opposite reason.

And if possible to have this just for mp5 if the new players feel threatened.

Share ideas, thoughts, arguments if any.

Even if some log in just to get their active day counted, they still remain there, sleeping. So it is really one way or another. Do think though what each of us, strong or not, goes through to find targets to train on. With tokens nowadays it is hard indeed to get a win/victory but if we had the ability to attack, even in sactuaries, even for one or two days per month, it would attract the fighters (which I know there are a lot out there) to be more in MD. It may be a silly idea but even those who recently ascended to mp5 have difficulties on developing their combat profiles.

It would Be like a blessing if there were to be a day like that and if people thought about it that way. But again a lot of people would be upset. I wouldn't be surprised if a few go hide in golemus amongst the empty aramors on that day. The Pm boxes would be full of hate mail.

The main problem here is people don't want to lose. It's a different matter if they're nearing stat damage. But people who give like 400 (+blahblah) honour also hide in the sanctuaries. Guess they've gotten used to non damage rits. Things wont change unless people decide to train rather than just hide.

[quote name='DarkPriestess' timestamp='1284041682' post='68111']
Even if some log in just to get their active day counted, they still remain there, sleeping.
[/quote]
There's this button labeled 'log out' after which you cannot be attacked anymore... I know you haven't suggested to change that, but if you were to, I'd strongly oppose it.
As Esmerelda pointed out, you're either counting on people's goodwill to stay attack-able or their ignorance of the new feature. I highly doubt this will "fix" mp5.

[quote name='pamplemousse' timestamp='1284042186' post='68113']
I think it will balance out the Day of Tranquility a bit. :)
[/quote]
The days of Tranquility are supposed to become tied to the day/night cycle (for lack of better word). Regular days are its counterweight. Personally I think MD is already unbalanced enough towards creature battles. Inventing days of turmoil or whatever, is not balancing at all. There's neither a need nor a way to hide the purpose of this proposal behind fancy words; Peace had the decency to state it for what it is.

[quote name='Kafuuka' timestamp='1284044276' post='68115']
There's this button labeled 'log out' after which you cannot be attacked anymore... I know you haven't suggested to change that, but if you were to, I'd strongly oppose it.
As Esmerelda pointed out, you're either counting on people's goodwill to stay attack-able or their ignorance of the new feature. I highly doubt this will "fix" mp5.
[/quote]

I wouldn't suggest for the log out button to be changed. Too far-fetched in my opinion.

And I am not saying it will fix the mp5s, but it would allow them to develop more those of us who want to perhaps.

Edited by DarkPriestess

Well is a nice idea...
(Great idea :))

but the young MP5 need its learn to fight, and ask for wins in a friendly form and

Also do their part because they say do not attack me, but when you are trying to help, only stay there as if nothing and just complain

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Could set everybody to have 7 heads that cannot be passed. That would eliminate the santuaries without physically eliminating the santuaries.

Maybe a feature could be added so that people could set themselves to be santuary resistant. Meaning that they turn off santuaries for them.

A radical idea could be rotating santuary day. I'm not sure what that would take programming wise, but have a day or 2 where the santuary moves randomly each hour.

For an alternative thought: the no santuary days would be murder on those close to or in stat damage.

I'd be more in favor of a no token day.[/font][/color]

I think the sanctuary feature would be a waste of time considering people usually only go into sanctuaries to be protected

The 7 heads idea is pretty good if it is easier to do than getting rid of sanctuaries for mp5's for the day

Most people who haven't spent hundreds of dollars on tokens would probably feel that way. I would not be in favor of that.

Edited by Eon

Really? I think they'd spread... MD is humongous when you compare it to the amount of players, as long as you keep moving or go somewhere desolate it is unlikely you'll get attacked a lot. I think the only challenge is to gather people without getting attacked (due to bigger number of targets). The rallying of people hardly happens in sanctuaries nowadays so I doubt that would be a problem either...

People might not idle but what's the point of an idle player in a sanctuary? You can see their papers and send them messages without having them on a friends list. Well, going without that for a day isn't a humongous burden.

Removing logout is ridiculous and unbalancing. The people who were idling in the sanctuary would suddenly become vulnerable. They're probably the people who can afford losses the least. They're also the people who will be part of the largest group of easy prey. And then when they log in again and notice they got stat damage from drooling mp5s who finally got easy wins, they can't even log out anymore?

It is also against any common sense about games. I choose when I play, when I am logged in/out or idle.

• 1 month later...

Good idea, but i want to be involved too! and im not in an alliance yet... but isnt this like an everyday thing? if it isnt for you it definetly is for me, im not shure why people would attack more often if it was a non-sanctuary day... because thats everyday... right?

• Root Admin

[quote name='The Great Pashweetie' timestamp='1288661097' post='71310']
Good idea, but i want to be involved too! and im not in an alliance yet... but isnt this like an everyday thing? if it isnt for you it definetly is for me, im not shure why people would attack more often if it was a non-sanctuary day... because thats everyday... right?
[/quote]

You seem to have totally misunderstood the issue.

On said day, Sanctuaries wouldnt exist. You could be attacked ANYWHERE.

ok, this is my take on this, and i hope some of you can prove me wrong. us stronger players are mad that you weaker players are hiding in the sanctuary, so we want days so we can kill you everywhere in the game? i think that just about sums it up.

maybe i can put a spin on it, what if a newer player asked how about a day all you older players put up nothing but weak defenses up so we could go around winning every battle? seems like asking the same thing to me.

Edited by pipster