New Queen Of Necrovion

Jester

Fear and rejoice, Necrovion gains a new ruler. Pamplemousse is now officially the Queen of Necrovion, and will rule the dark land alongside King Jester. The Queen has full authority in land affairs and her word on any matter carries the same weight as the King's.

Although I do respect and support you Jester, that does not mean that I have to respect/support/accept this new Queen.

Congratulations go to the new 'bling' of Necrovion, for to me she is nothing more but a pile of flesh and bones covered in jewels.

That is all I have to say and I am proud enough to say it outloud.

• Root Admin

Pample a necro?

really?

Pample queen of necro?

even stranger

I doubt the entire idea of hierarchical leadership works well for two leaders of same power. Surely if you dont want to be king you can give her Kingship?

Surely if mur wanted two leaders then he would have appointed two? There is normally method to what he does...

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1285605887' post='69249']
Pample a necro?

really?[/quote]
Some people think that because their characters are "dark" or "evil", they have an entitlement to be part of Necrovion. The same logic is applied to people who, it is said, do not have a place in Necrovion.

Is Necrovion hell? Is it the land of evil spirits?

It is not. I would be very leery of anyone claiming to be an "expert" on Necrovion. It is more than what it seems to be at first blush.

In that same sense, so is Pample.

[quote]I doubt the entire idea of hierarchical leadership works well for two leaders of same power. Surely if you dont want to be king you can give her Kingship?[/quote]
Cf. ancient Sparta, which had two kings.

[quote]Surely if mur wanted two leaders then he would have appointed two? There is normally method to what he does...
[/quote]
This decision was made with Mur's knowledge.

[i]edited to correct a typo.[/i]

Edited by Tarquinus

Just a small correction if I may: you say that the decision was made with Mur's knowledge. In my experience I've learned that Mur knowing certain stuff doesn't mean he approves that stuff. ;) And probably I'm the best example... :)

So imo the argument "Mur knows" is kind of useless. No offense.

A good king/queen does not boast with their power, nor do they flash their jewels before the public as though to say, "Look at what I have, look at how great I am". They use those jewels to better their land, their community, and their world.

Now I do not know what Pamplemousse intends to do with her power, but I will not judge her, I would rather wait and see what interest she can bring to Necrovion.

So as my character would say, [i]"Go on Sea Fruit Woman, Ex Mistress of the Archives, show us what you and your King are capable of."[/i]

• 1 month later...

This experiment did not work. It was my fault for treating pamplemousse like an equal. I did not realize that pamplemousse was the kind of person that is manipulated easily. Since I was not controlling her, keith decided to. He turned her against me with almost no effort at all. pample is far too weak to be a queen or any type of leadership position.

I had high hopes for her, and she trashed them because keith moon told to her to.

pample is no longer queen of any sort.

Keith and Pample are no strangers, Jester. Surely you know this. I don't doubt that your accusations are true, but surely she's owed more respect for her cunning than you seem willing to acknowledge. I would be unsurprised if tyranny had been the ploy all along.

In fact, I seem to recall overhearing Pample and yourself openly discussing plans to overthrow elected royalty on the very eve of the first elections. Your alliance with her seems to show only your lack of foresight...and hindsight as the case may be.

Edited by Malaikat Maut

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1289243974' post='71693']
Have you any proof of such an accusation?

Pample makes her choices based on her own choices, not based on anyone else's. I am offended by this post.
[/quote]

And I am offended by your offense. Do you know the truth? Do you HAVE proofs that Jester is lying? You should check first before you feel "offended"!

[quote] I did not realize that pamplemousse was the kind of person that is manipulated easily. Since I was not controlling her, keith decided to. He turned her against me with almost no effort at all. pample is far too weak to be a queen or any type of leadership position.

I had high hopes for her, and she trashed them because keith moon told to her to.

[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#8B0000"]The Pamplemousse I know does the manipulating. She isn't manipulated.

Edit:
@Rhaegar: I am neither a feminist, nor do I idolize Pample. It was a character reflection.
[/color][/font]

Edited by Mya Celestia

[quote name='Mya Celestia' timestamp='1289326742' post='71754']
[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#8B0000"]The Pamplemousse I know does the manipulating. She isn't manipulated.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Does it matter? Treason is treason. Not that I know the facts, but that's what she is being accused of. Her motives might make it a more plausible thing, but they are not the primary focus.

Either way whats done is done. Pample, Keith, Rask and Aysun have been excommunicated from Necrovion (probably others but thats all I'm aware of at the moment) and yet from what I saw yesterday, if there was some sort of plot to overthrow Jester or at least get him out of kingship it worked all of his items save the spectral shard are with Peace, which I can only mean that he's more then likely stepping down unless once more I'm missing something here.

the feminists point is, she is just fine doing it all by herself :D
it is funny really, Curios isn't debating was she plotting, but she was debating was she manipulated into it or not XD

I'll mention, as Kafuuka did, that I'm not aware of all the details or who did what. I was just a bit annoyed with the picture I had in my mind of few girls being offended cause their idol image of a bad-ass woman is being disturbed (not much cause of the idol thing, but more of a 'sister-union' thing, which is quite often in MD).

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen