New Queen Of Necrovion

Jester

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1289330757' post='71762']
Either way whats done is done. Pample, Keith, Rask and Aysun have been excommunicated from Necrovion (probably others but thats all I'm aware of at the moment) and yet from what I saw yesterday, if there was some sort of plot to overthrow Jester or at least get him out of kingship it worked all of his items save the spectral shard are with Peace, which I can only mean that he's more then likely stepping down unless once more I'm missing something here.
[/quote]
I think it failed, their plot has been discovered and they have been excommunicated. An item does not make a king or queen in real life nor game mechanics anyway. And I don't believe their only goal was to make Jester step down. It is inconsistent with the 'pample is her own master' thing, for her to be working for someone else.

manipulation doesn't mean you have a leader, that you become inferior to someone...

it can be consist of telling what the other person wants to hear, to encourage her to make a wrong move or such...
Pample is just a human (despite being female :P:P:P), everyone makes mistakes, so don't think it was impossible

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

I am being neutral on the subject, and have sent my opinions and my thoughts to those involved. Saying it here is not necessary.

I am opposed to having Pample being called a Sheep because she is not. I find that calling her a weak-minded person to be an absolute insult. And your sexism, Rhaegar, is not helping matters either.

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1289336413' post='71771']
I am being neutral on the subject, and have sent my opinions and my thoughts to those involved. Saying it here is not necessary.

I am opposed to having Pample being called a Sheep because she is not. I find that calling her a weak-minded person to be an absolute insult. And your sexism, Rhaegar, is not helping matters either.
[/quote]

So you are against about how is she called in this situation, or you are against with how or why is she accused of? False or ambiguously?

Edited by Atrumist

O_O Who called Pample a sheep? WHERE? Cause the only place I see her called like that is your post Curiose.

Anyway for the moment seems like the waters are calm. It has no point to discuss what who and why. Facts are facts and will remain facts.

Let's wait and see what will happen next. I have a felling it is not over yet :D. Too many big egoes are involved and it seems MD is not big for all of them (well...MD is never big enough for big egoes :D)

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1289339705' post='71785']
Too many big egoes are involved and it seems MD is not big for all of them (well...MD is never big enough for big egoes :D)
[/quote]

One has to wonder how the current amount of people even fits in MD, with the girth of their egos being as it is.

Edited by Ravenstrider

[quote name='Atrumist' timestamp='1289337070' post='71773']
So you are against about how is she called in this situation, or you are against with how or why is she accused of? False or ambiguously?
[/quote]
The actions of a king or a leader should never be, and are never, observed at face value. The fact that Pample may or may not have been plotting treason is absolutely important. However, the related facts aren't open for discussion and neither will they be determined within this thread. What we can glean from it, however, is a sense of Jester's capacity for diplomacy and his abilities to lead and to unify a nation of people.

So, let's look into that shall we?

[quote name='Jester' timestamp='1289204916' post='71683']
This experiment did not work.[/quote]
Right out of the gates something as important as the appointment and inauguration of a king's equal is likened to a rash and hastily conducted experiment. At least he apologizes for it...

[quote name='Jester' timestamp='1289204916' post='71683']It was my fault for treating pamplemousse like an equal. I did not realize that pamplemousse was the kind of person that is manipulated easily.[/quote]
Well, which is it then? The king's fault for making such a poor decision or Pample's fault for taking advantage? What began as an appropriate admission of failure quickly became a platform for cowardly ad hominem attacks.

[quote]Since I was not controlling her, keith decided to. He turned her against me with almost no effort at all.[/quote]
Once again, this seems like an excellent opportunity to admit wrong and prove to Necrovion that you've learned from the mistake. Why weren't you controlling your own queen? If you couldn't or weren't willing to lead such a powerful and prominent figure, why should anyone assume you could govern a kingdom?

[quote]pample is far too weak to be a queen or any type of leadership position.

I had high hopes for her, and she trashed them because keith moon told to her to.[/quote]
And it concludes with more slander and ad hominem. Nothing of the future. Nothing of repairing damage done or the glory that is yet to belong to such a deserving people. Only embarrassment.

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' timestamp='1289397619' post='71828']
The actions of a king or a leader should never be, and are never, observed at face value. The fact that Pample may or may not have been plotting treason is absolutely important. However, the related facts aren't open for discussion and neither will they be determined within this thread. What we can glean from it, however, is a sense of Jester's capacity for diplomacy and his abilities to lead and to unify a nation of people.

So, let's look into that shall we?[/quote]

For one, i don't see why would you have any concern of how Jester leads his people. You are not a part of Necrovion any more, if I recall correctly. Besides, Necrovion isn't a "nation", it's a heterogeneous group of people, and a small one at that... I would rather call it a court then a nation.

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' timestamp='1289397619' post='71828']Right out of the gates something as important as the appointment and inauguration of a king's equal is likened to a rash and hastily conducted experiment. At least he apologizes for it... [/quote]

Everything in MD is an experiment. It's the nature of the game. One must try new things in order to try and escape this rut the realm has gotten into. And who are you to say this experiment was rash and hastily conducted? Just because it went south does not mean it was hastily done.

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' timestamp='1289397619' post='71828']Well, which is it then? The king's fault for making such a poor decision or Pample's fault for taking advantage? What began as an appropriate admission of failure quickly became a platform for cowardly ad hominem attacks. [/quote]

If you try to deduce blame in a situation like this, good luck. Besides, one has to be bitter when someone close to you betrays you. Friendship and all that... You do know what that is? Besides, stating an opinion is just that... I don't believe it was a major attack on Pample's persona.

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' timestamp='1289397619' post='71828']Once again, this seems like an excellent opportunity to admit wrong and prove to Necrovion that you've learned from the mistake. Why weren't you controlling your own queen? If you couldn't or weren't willing to lead such a powerful and prominent figure, why should anyone assume you could govern a kingdom? [/quote]

Again, why would you need to control your queen if you consider her your friend and close associate? If you are controlling everyone and everything, you become nothing but a sad puppet master, alone, tugging the strings.

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' timestamp='1289397619' post='71828']And it concludes with more slander and ad hominem. Nothing of the future. Nothing of repairing damage done or the glory that is yet to belong to such a deserving people. Only embarrassment.[/quote]

Actually, this was all a statement about the excommunication. The words were bitter and full of resentment, yes, but easily understood if you put yourself in his shoes. I don't believe Jester has an obligation to state his plans for the future here. I don't see why he should. Again, Necrovion isn't a people, it's small group. It would be different if it was a nation...

I'm actually pretty amused by your replies. And by this I mean all of you... It is nice to see your true nature... Nothing but scavengers, waiting for a wrong move. It's pitiful.

• Root Admin

Since this topic has VERY quickly degraded into a mudslinging match it is closed. As usual you can open up topics such as this one but unless you keep it civil, and stating new things and constructive comments it will be removed again.

This is one of the main reasons people dont visit the forums, all of the fighting