Books In The Mda

Riishaan

I've been in and out of the MDA library and at one point I swear I was able to access an alphabetical listing of items to read. At that time I didn't have the time to start going thru them, but now that I have time the Index no longer shows up. Is there a reason they would appear and then disappear?

So does this mean that someone needs to reset the bookshelves in order or me to see the contents again?

My whole point behind this is, I'm looking for clues to interact with the loreroot guardians and I'm also working on "fyrds" quests and thought there might be clues to those as well in the library. I'm not even sure that there are clues and could be wasting my time. If nothign else I'll understand the world better.

Riish

[quote name='Riishaan' timestamp='1292261476' post='75368']
So does this mean that someone needs to reset the bookshelves in order or me to see the contents again?

My whole point behind this is, I'm looking for clues to interact with the loreroot guardians and I'm also working on "fyrds" quests and thought there might be clues to those as well in the library. I'm not even sure that there are clues and could be wasting my time. If nothign else I'll understand the world better.

Riish
[/quote]

Yes someone needs to reset the contents for you to see them.
You can also find useful information here: [url="http://md-archives.com/"]MAGICDUEL ARCHIVES[/url]

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1292334235' post='75438']
My clues are in the papers in the Study Room, not the books in the Index Room. Password "FyrdsWords". All four are different.
[/quote]
I believe he was talking about the bookselves in the Room of Indexed Memories, where people can see on the shelves in alphabetical order the articles/books of the MD Archives.

[quote name='DarkPriestess' timestamp='1292335292' post='75439']
I believe he was talking about the bookselves in the Room of Indexed Memories, where people can see on the shelves in alphabetical order the articles/books of the MD Archives.
[/quote]
I had already found Fyrds clues

He states where to find them in the hut.

I was just wondering why 1 day i could see an alphabetical lsiting of stuff in the indexed area and the next day it's like a non-scripted clickable.

I've since been able to get into them so thanks for resetting ....

I'm now 10 days awakened and still trying to figure out the simple trick to the loreroot guardians.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

[quote name='Kay Ingild' timestamp='1293426640' post='76112']
"As with all clickables, it needs to be resubmitted every 14 days"Is that why so many items all over the MD world are usually "Unusable item - nothing interesting here right now"?
[/quote]

yes, people who have clickable editing rights can addd things to those objects to make them do different things.

Could I ask roughly how many people have such editing rights? And could they be persuaded to "refresh" the items a bit more often?

When I was a newly-joined player I tried to explore as much as I could, and discovering these "clickable" bits of the landscape was always exciting, until I realized that most of them were "Unusable". Not even flavour text :( Seemed like a wasted opportunity.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kay Ingild' timestamp='1293508032' post='76172']
Could I ask roughly how many people have such editing rights? And could they be persuaded to "refresh" the items a bit more often?When I was a newly-joined player I tried to explore as much as I could, and discovering these "clickable" bits of the landscape was always exciting, until I realized that most of them were "Unusable". Not even flavour text :( Seemed like a wasted opportunity.
[/quote]

At a guess i would say between 20 and 30 people have access to editing them. But just writing random rubbish on them is discouraged because it makes it harder for when someone makes a quest or useful interface with them. As to refreshing them, im sure if you contacted someone with clicky editing NICELY they would refresh whatever you asked.

"As to refreshing them, im sure if you contacted someone with clicky editing NICELY"

I'm sorry if I came across as not nice in my post above :( Wasn't intentional.

And if simple flavour text gets in the way and is discouraged, then never mind...

Edited by Kay Ingild

That's just it; I have no reason for it, other than being tired of seeing "Unusable item" in so many places, and wanting to see some descriptions or suchlike instead.

I am the kind of person who enjoys seeing the "random rubbish" that Chewett obviously dislikes :) I wasn't aware that it would actually get in the way of other more important things, so please consider this closed.

• Root Admin

Intresting different viewpoints i suppose. Im just tired of people putting random stuff in the clickables and when you are trying to do a quest where you use clickables and one of the main clickies you want to use is taken for something random, so you have to direct people to the specific clicky entry.

Perhaps, instead of "Nothing interesting here right now" it could randomly grab one of the hints that currently appear in the triggers box. Once someone inserts something into a clickable it disables the hint and shows the contents of the clickable instead. That would make every clickable contain something that pertains directly to MD and doesn't interfere with clickable use.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Laphers' timestamp='1293672205' post='76328']
Perhaps, instead of "Nothing interesting here right now" it could randomly grab one of the hints that currently appear in the triggers box. Once someone inserts something into a clickable it disables the hint and shows the contents of the clickable instead. That would make every clickable contain something that pertains directly to MD and doesn't interfere with clickable use.
[/quote]

Not entirely sure that a rock should be giving me combat tips :D

Yeah pictures on main page are OK, but try on this [url="http://md-archives.com/articles/engines-of-destruction.html?page=2"]link[/url] pls.

I've opened this both on Chrome and Firefox, opened on RSS reader but nothing, the picture didn't show up.

Maybe it is because I use linux, but I don't believe thats the problem. I'll try later in windows.