Attacking some1 not my alt

Leixer

Alternate accounts (Alt) fights are restricted
You are not allowed to fight against this account. This restriction was added for accounts that are used from same physical location or that are accessed by same person. The purpose for this restriction is to restrict alt abuse and to make it difficult or impossible for people to create fake accounts to gain certain advantages. We are sorry if you are not bad intended and use a public computer or want to play against friends within same network. We realise how annoying this can be but its a worthy cost to prevent alt abuse and allow most of you to enjoy a fair game.

This is what comes out when i attack ansouinc
We never logged in on the same IP or Computer Shop ever since the alt restriction/same IP address = alternate account
im pretty sure he never log in his accounts on other places, only in his house

[quote name='Leixer' timestamp='1295706682' post='77853']
This is what comes out when i attack ansouinc
We never logged in on the same IP or Computer Shop [b]ever since the alt restriction/same IP address = alternate account[/b]
im pretty sure he never log in his accounts on other places, only in his house
[/quote]
I'm guessing you were marked as alts before that.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1295722407' post='77865']
I'm guessing you were marked as alts before that.
[/quote]
Shortly after that restriction was implemented, Mur reset the associations so that people who had been stupid in the past would have a second shot. So what he was marked as in the past should be irrelevant.

• Root Admin

I would think that because he is from the same country, and same general area it is pretty likely he has somehow got linked.

No one else has reported anything akin to this recently, so logically if nothing has changed then you HAVE been caught and linked together.

Eitherway, i doubt anyone will change anything if its just you. Since you have openly admitted you did use the same points/were/are alts.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Leixer' timestamp='1295756527' post='77902']
we were able to attack each other last week
[/quote]

So if there are no other people claming a similar "bug" this will be closed because you just did something to make them alts. Its not like you are different countries and you have said that you did previously use/abuse/logon at the same places the other account, so its not entirely surprising that you have done something to make it an alt.

The behavior of some of MD's people that are considered extended hand of Mur are really disturbing, in this case, where Leixer claims he and ansouinc are different persons and (from the point of the announcements) never logged in on the same computer, he isn't treated with respect or either with just compassion, but is just buzzed off with people presuming Leixer is either lieing or he is mistaken - in any case, they won't be troubled by him.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1295779956' post='77905']
The behavior of some of MD's people that are considered extended hand of Mur are really disturbing, in this case, where Leixer claims he and ansouinc are different persons and (from the point of the announcements) never logged in on the same computer, he isn't treated with respect or either with just compassion, but is just buzzed off with people presuming Leixer is either lieing or he is mistaken - in any case, they won't be troubled by him.
[/quote]

My My, It seems i am obviously at fault.

If anyone else have not been effected then something has happened to have been triggered it thinking they are alts. He himself have admitted that previously they would have been counted as alts.

Logically Something has happened to make them count as alts, And therefore it would be only their fault.

On a side note, If you consider myself a "hand of Mur" then you are severely mistaken. I have no direction, Nor regular communication with Mur like the rest of you, I will make my own mistakes and learn from them.

you misread, I said -considered- not -are-.

Your logic applies only if the system is perfect. What if the extreme happened? (I'm not that known about computers to state what could have happened for them to be recognized as alts even if they ain't... perhaps one in a million chance of their dynamic IPs taking the same address.)

My point is not that you have to fix it immediately, delete (even if you could do that) the log where it is said Ansouinc is Leixer's alt, I'm just saying, it could be answered in a more friendly way rather than making a point that Leixer must have done something stupid, made a mistake for ansouinc to be named as his alt.

I mean, Leixer just stated what he saw as a problem, and shortly after that, people already want to close the topic and degrade Leixer's complaints. (even neg rep him, and me btw :D)
I don't know, maybe I'm just haunted by some fictional standards of moderators actually being helpful with discussing possibilities with those who post some complaints.

• 11 months later...