I became an alt....

TTLexceeded

Concept - the system automatically flags people it thinks are alts, but implement an automatic system to DE-flag people too. Any two players that log on and type simultaneously ought to be able to prove they are not alts. This may take a special altar in the game or something....

Once DE-flagged, they could be RE-flagged for new suspicious behavior by the system, and bounce back and forth. A nuisance for said players, but less hassle once implemented for the administrative council.

I think this addresses the no-appeal issues that are being pointed to as unjust.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1296756837' post='78420']

Proxies wont work, nor changing your IP or nuffink, Iv tried them myself. The game knows all.

[/quote]

A little offtopic but it may have to be resolved...

Proxies DO work. I have tried this out a few times(Hence the creation of Guess Who and Elementum Era :P ) and should be blocked some how, otherwise people can cheat quie easily... :)
Also on another note...I seem to be able to gain the free credits($5) again from this IP address...even though I have made accounts on this one.

~Sasha~

Even if the system gets a better defence against proxys (which in fact is measuring and checking the speed in which the info come from etc etc) there is the risk of becoming too "heavy" and even that can also can be by-passed with other a bit more advanced but still easy and accessible to anybody "hide" methods... I wont name any of them here though. So in the end its a matter of good will and also serious violations are found in a different way, since serious things can be, and are checked manually as well, as far as i know...

Edited by TTLexceeded

Well actually the best way to find if a computer is the same is finding a mac address. A few games I have played can do this. Though it only works with a downloaded component known as a client. Since downloading a client allows them to reveal all where mac addresses are protected from internet programs.

I have to say I like the idea of a council though in order to choose who is an alt of who. However this council would have to not be advertised as to who they where. So I would be against making them a guild as that would be public. Making them a secret but contactable group would make it harder for friends of those people to manipulate them. Since they would not know anything about who they are talking too making it hard to know what to say other than presentation of proof. Also some people would be against certain people. For example sig would not want DST to be a alt checker. Due to what he calls the abuse of acoustic remains.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kamisha' timestamp='1298684427' post='79633']
Well actually the best way to find if a computer is the same is finding a mac address. A few games I have played can do this. Though it only works with a downloaded component known as a client. Since downloading a client allows them to reveal all where mac addresses are protected from internet programs.
[/quote]

You can spoof and change a mac address pretty easily on Nix, And i would think the downloaded component was for windows? Or was it for any OS type?

Also, that partially defeats the point of it being a "browser based game" because then if you really want to play with no restrictions such as alts you need to download things.

This talk about finding who is alt or not is a bit pointless. Trust me on this one there is nothing that can quarrantee you that 100%. there is nothing to even give a good protection. As to why anybody who can understand these things i recommend you take a look at the onion rooting project... and think on what you can actually achieve with that. So in the end its always a matter of good will.

[size="5"][b]THIS IS STRICTLY OPINION AND NOT TO BE TAKEN ABSOLUTELY SERIOUSLY.[/b][/size]

You do realize that whining about being an alt is pretty... for lack of a better term, silly, right?
You do realize that nothing will change your status no matter what you do.
Hopefully, you realize that there is more to this game than simply fighting and therefore arguing against it is going to give others bad impressions of you.

Displaying ways of which people could 'bypass' the game is quite stupid. While you may not have meant it as a threat, I personally, see these as talks of how to get past the restrictions as a free for all for whomever would want to actually deliberately abuse the game on a mass scale.

So, seriously.
Being an alt is nothing bad unless you actually do something to warrant being arrested for it and therefore called a nasty, greedy little crook.

Deal with it, really.

Edited by Curiose