ALT Item Transfer.

Master

I logged out from my Main account while at GoE. Logged in into one of my alts ( also at GoE ). Transferred one coin into my main and was SUCCESSFUL.

How is this possible ?

1. Can you transfer items into people that are logged off ?
2. Can you transfer items between your alts ?
3. Is this allowed ?

Edited by Master

• Root Admin

With them not being online, i guess it only checks on location, so thats a bug.

As for transfering to alts, Mur has stated that its allowed and isnt a bug, But most will frown on transferring items and coins across from alt to main.

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1307888876' post='86137']
With them not being online, i guess it only checks on location, so thats a bug.

As for transfering to alts, Mur has stated that its allowed and isnt a bug, But most will frown on transferring items and coins across from alt to main.
[/quote]
I recall from the announcement of when this change occurred that you just needed the location, too facilitate different time zones? So this would actually be working as intended >.>
(not a 100% sure on this, just stating my perspective and suggesting someone look into it, if Chewett has reached that point in his project should be easiest for him. I'd look myself, but its 1am here)

And as far as transferring between accounts, I recall Mur stated it was okay (but frowned upon) ONLY if the items where not gained for free. Hence Ledah's imprisonment for abusing the "free credits on signup" deal while certain items early in the permanent boosters branch gave coins (ie, since the credits where a gift, the coins counted as "free" and hence not permissible for transfer, unlike coins obtained later in the shop which require some kind of effort, either through voting, questing, trading, or cash to obtain)

• Root Admin

I can only find this announcement

Ann. 1257 - [2010-01-10 00:12:55 - Alpha 9]
Inventory items can no longer be given to people that are not in the same location as you are.

So, it might be indeed be intented since it doesnt say either.

Master, you are confused.

IF you got the silver coins from the five credits for free sign up deal, and trasnfer them to your main, it's abuse.

If you got them because you paid for the powerup, you can do as you will, because you paid for them.

I don't get why they are transferable to alts in the first place, just because they are a form of currency, and you can use those coins to buy creatures much faster through the use of alts than you can without them...

[quote name='Vicarious' timestamp='1307894492' post='86142']
IF you got the silver coins from the five credits for free sign up deal, and trasnfer them to your main, it's abuse.[/quote]

If memory serves, there are no coins within the first $5 of the MD shop anymore.

LE: and gold/silver coins, same thing

Edited by Grido

chewy, mur said that somewhere on forums, i saw it in dsts thread when seigh i think didnt wanted to send coins to no one so she dig up that murs post

as for alts, there is no more 5 creds bonus, at least i didnt get it on new acc although it wasnt marked by alt system for whole two weeks, and as much as i can see in description of valuable metal orb it doesnt says it gives silver coins, although back then i did gave them

Sorry if i was not clear; I meant i got teh $5 as a newbie here. But they won't give silver upfront: to get silver you need to dig up the shop much more than 5 times. I believe that was the point that was not sure above... although I am slightly offtopic. :blush:

no no no no, i meant that i came in with new ip :P and it even said during regin that i will get 5 creds when i signup, idk why i didnt got them, and i dont care really coz i dont need them, i just wanted to point out how it happened to me although it could be some temp glitch or somethin, idk

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' timestamp='1307890952' post='86139']
And as far as transferring between accounts, I recall Mur stated it was okay (but frowned upon) ONLY if the items where not gained for free. Hence Ledah's imprisonment for abusing the "free credits on signup" deal while certain items early in the permanent boosters branch gave coins (ie, since the credits where a gift, the coins counted as "free" and hence not permissible for transfer, unlike coins obtained later in the shop which require some kind of effort, either through voting, questing, trading, or cash to obtain)
[/quote]

Mur said this: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7444-item-swapping/page__view__findpost__p__64913

[quote name='Passant the Weak' timestamp='1307897642' post='86146']
I can confirm that no coin can be get with teh initial 5 free credits. Alt or not (my account is not an Alt and i never got to take coins but deep in teh shop).
[/quote]

The toxic endurance potion in permanent section gives a coin per item.

• 6 months later...