Research and Connections

Curiose

• Root Admin

There is NOBODY currently checking your submissions. I need to put that team in place and do the necessary training to them. The spell docs ..well..i can't say where they will be but i can say they are far from being all distributed. They will be for lvl3,4, i don't think i will put any on lower levels, but i am uncertain at this moment anyway. Still plenty of clues to write, i will start however with the most interesting and fill the less interesting on the way.

When submitting research you are actually only limited to 400 chars. Aint that a bit low? I did try today just for the fun of it (knowing nobody will actually view my research) to submit it and no matter how much i tried I seemed to be at -600 chars. getting my research to 0 chars will actually make it rather vague and incomplete.

[quote name='TTLexceeded' timestamp='1317642370' post='93182']
When submitting research you are actually only limited to 400 chars. Aint that a bit low? I did try today just for the fun of it (knowing nobody will actually view my research) to submit it and no matter how much i tried I seemed to be at -600 chars. getting my research to 0 chars will actually make it rather vague and incomplete.
[/quote]

That's probably so it won't take ages for those who have to review it to read your research and decide if they should give you a clue which probably fits only a small part of the research. This way they have time to review more different submissions.

I would like to know if you do get feedback on your research or if you'll only hear whether it's good or not?

You are not submitting an essay, writing 1k characters for a submission should hint to you that you have gone beyond the scope of describing the clue.
Keep the research in line with the clue you are exploring, having a thesis is not going to nett you additional clues.
Get creative if you are desperately in need of more space.

........................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................................

There you go. Aproxamitly 1000 Charecters. Enough for a reasonable title, and five lines of whatever you want to say. That's not an Essay, that's not to much to review, that's a pretty reasonable amount for someone trying to write something with an amount of intelegence, which along with detail is what you are trying to get in -research-.

Edited by Pothos

I tested it. I have 11 clues and when I try to unlock the achievements it says:

Not enough level 1 clues revealed

Also, for Wish61 I got this error:

Warning: require_once(iteminterface/61.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/magicdue/public_html/ui/wishshop/load_itemui.php on line 75

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'iteminterface/61.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/magicdue/public_html/ui/wishshop/load_itemui.php on line 75

Have our researches to be submitted in the same location where the clue is supposed to be?
If so, what if I think I can submit a research for "Burning Ability" but I can't enter Angien's Shrine?
(I know the team isn't formed yet, but I'd like to know this in advance)

thank you,
lashtal

Yes, you are supposed to submit the research in the same scene as the clue is. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with research for a location you can't enter, but you probably need to gain access to the location you want to submit research for.

[quote name='Mighty Pirate' timestamp='1318066829' post='93540']I got "Work in progress" when I unlocked a second level clue.[/quote]
That would be because work was in progress.

[quote name='DarkPriestess' timestamp='1318298386' post='93831']Same here. Will those that are still in progress and be obtained be automatically added in our library once they are submitted? Or we will have to spend another research clue to get it again?[/quote]
Are you saying the clues were not added to your library?

Actually they are now. Strange, when I unlocked them it said 'Work In Progress' and it didn't show me the clue. But now, I can see it in my library.

Another question then. I have the achievements that unlock you second level clues, does this mean that now I have to go find the third achievement to go for level 3, or is that not implemented yet?

[quote name='DarkPriestess' timestamp='1318334090' post='93868']
Another question then. I have the achievements that unlock you second level clues, does this mean that now I have to go find the third achievement to go for level 3, or is that not implemented yet?
[/quote]

As far as I know the level 3 achievement is not yet implemented.

[quote name='Mighty Pirate' timestamp='1318066829' post='93540']
I got "Work in progress" when I unlocked a second level clue.
[/quote]
[quote name='Rendril' timestamp='1318333469' post='93862']
That would be because work was in progress.
[/quote]

Thank you. I was actually happy to read "Work in progress". It could have been worse: "[color=#b22222]!!!under construction!!![/color]" :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

The addition of the research and connections seemed like one of the most exciting additions to MD for me in a long time. Since it has been almost a month and nothing new has happened (ie no new clues, no ability to submit research, no way to unlock level 3+ clues) I wanted to check back to see if this feature was still going to be implemented.

As far as I can tell I have already unlocked the 16 readily available clues (+2 new ones in necro with the halloween party) is there any way to help with this feature? I would be happy to help if there was a mechanism or desire for volunteers by the PTB.

Cutler

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding research submissions... Kyphis mentioned that player submissions could be compared with the research titles already in place, and the clue would be 'rewarded' if the research was correct, without having to spend research points.

But what about research submitted in scenes without research titles already in place?

I submitted research in a scene without any research title clues under the assumption that any 'original' research would be incorporated /possibly made into clues for that scene.

Also, I wasn't sure whether to separate my submission into various levels (1,2,3,etc.), so I just put everything that I knew into it.

Along with Cutler, I would really like to help with this feature if there is a way to plug-in. It has added depth to the game, and has the potential to add so much more. :)