Morphs in shop

Muratus del Mur

Morphs  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

i intend to put morphs into mdshop, this period only, deepest item (before gold). They are colored creatures, their place is in shop afterall. Because there are so many variations (12) , i could splitt them up in two...but i am not sure if thats a good idea.

opinions please
(i will still do as i think best, but i need to see what you think its best)

People will be split, but I dislike the idea of everyone suddenly running around with 2 morphs in their rits. A more rare creat seems more interesting.

I would suggest you but morphs into spent credits shop item exclusively+ quests etc maybe, but also make it rare to get. Maybe little odds of getting the morph ticket, idk.

That way it also is a colored (shop) creature, but retains rarity. B/w might be good to replace rarity, but I think colored just looks better.

If it has to be in a shop, then the spent credits is far better than the regular shop. That said, I would much rather you put a B/W version in the spent credits shop and leave the current version as is.
I would also encourage making the B/W version have a Fixed evolution, as opposed to the 12 variations it currently has, and make it so that the B/W versions fixed evolution is not the same as any of the 12 already existing ones.

I don't like the idea of putting them in the shop just like that, nor the shop raffle thing....and as they can't be in the wp shop being coloured and all...then I suggest a deep wp that opens a shop level that has things like morphs in it.

Z

As much as I would like to see the morphs in shop, I really have to say no to the idea. Even if you put them temporary. Right now they are the hardest to get crit in MD and I love it.
B/w version will be...ugly so I don't think I want to see that.

However Z's idea is, in my opinion, very good. So I agree: a WP that opens an alternate Shop where you can put things like this (I am sure there will be others in the future). Also the Wish should be quite deep (meaning not achievable only with WPs for active days).

I want a morph, and would spend credits to get one, so it is a way to generated much-needed revenue for MD.

Is it in the best interest for the realm, beyond the finance question?

I like the idea of things getting gradually less rare, but only if they are replaced by other rare and mysterious creatures.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1323527236' post='97625']
As much as I would like to see the morphs in shop, I really have to say no to the idea. Even if you put them temporary. Right now they are the hardest to get crit in MD and I love it.
B/w version will be...ugly so I don't think I want to see that.

However Z's idea is, in my opinion, very good. So I agree: a WP that opens an alternate Shop where you can put things like this (I am sure there will be others in the future). Also the Wish should be quite deep (meaning not achievable only with WPs for active days).
[/quote]

I agree with *dst*. Honestly, half the fun of morphs is the fact that they are difficult to get. I would love to get another one for my ritual as well, but I also enjoy how rare they are, even for vets.

The idea for a wishpoint that unlocks a special shop branch sounds great and I would love to see it happen. I don't necessarily believe that it has to be incredibly deep, maybe just deep enough for players that have won a few wishpoints and are relatively old, AD-wise. 6 wishpoint level?

If it's only that deep however we'll suddenly see about 40 more morphs.

No, i think it should be deeper, more around 12 or so to guarantee rarity. If I was totally biased, I would actually demand it to be at around 20...maybe something between those two values.

Edit: I'm talking about b/w not colored.

Edited by Shadowseeker

• Root Admin

I (well burns) was talking to some other people, and him, I and also Sasha seem to remember Mur saying that Morphs would never be purchasable. Is this canon or are we remembering wrongly?

Also, Morphs are very powerful, If they were to be easily accessable i would say that the most accessible variant be weakened

[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1323562959' post='97667']
Oh, I now realize that I know hardly anything about how many wishpoints the average veteran has obtained. O.O
[/quote]
To help you get a better idea of the number of wishpoints floating around, check the wishpoints top page. All 48 of the name listed there has 8 or more WP, so a WP depth of 6 means we'll see much more than 40 new morphs floating around suddenly xD

• Root Admin

inteded wp rarity, to be achieved over time: 4wp easy achievable, 8-12wp most active, more than 12 the elite. The interface shows nicely just a part of these but that will be adjusted.

Manda said something interesting, about pimping the morphs. What if I make the morphs b/w in the wish shop only, then in md-shop a 'color drop' that will turn to color one of the b/w morphs in your inventory. The b/w morphs will be unable to fight, the colored will be as they are now.

The spent credits shop is still far from being ready. In this period i won't be able to do it anyway. Plus, the morphs are a winter creature, i don't want morphs to be available in summer or any other time.

p.s. we need to change the use of the name morph, It refers to an ability not to a creature , these are basically all snowman and there will be other creatures to 'morph', just a remark.

If we go that route, I would personally prefer that the b/w is in the shop and the color drop in the deep level wish shop. If the b/w morph is in wishshop and the color drop is in MD shop, then the color drop in the shop will not be bought that much anyways, since demand for it depends on the limited number of b/w morph (which should be quite deep in WP shop, IMHO), and selling color dropping services will require transfer of creatures, which some people might be uncomfortable with (possible scam etc).

On the other hand, making b/w available in the shop will allow supporters to buy them even if only as a collectible creature, and also allows resale for others, which will bring more income to support MD. The actual number of colored morphs on the other hand, won't be different with the original option since it will still be limited by the number of people with access to the wish in the MD shop. This option will bring more b/w morphs in the game, but if they can't be used in battle anyways, I don't think it would cause much of an issue. Of course though, this option would mean putting a b/w creature in the shop...

I just realized something, surprising what everyone missed:

[quote] "Morph" creature is NOT in shop. It is a rare, not-for-sale"[/quote] from inside the MD Shop, Shop News sections.

So I assume you even made a promise to not sell those, although they may appear in tombolas.

I assumed that once this discussion was started that the announcement in the MD Shop regarding Morphs became moot.
Heaven forbid that anything is ever changed to contradict any past announcement! ;)

In the first place, I think that announcement means more along the lines of, "Morphs are not hidden somewhere in the Shop, so don't bother looking for them" rather than, "Morphs are not and will never be for sale."

I could be mistaken though.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should definently be easier to get.
I might be wrong...
But there is 12 different ones, and they cannot be traded after they morph into something.
So putting one or two in the deepest part of mdshop doing Christmas. is not really doing that much.of a difference.
They will still become rare a bit after christmas, until the next christmas. (Unless people just decide to never morph them)
And then people will hopefully try to get all of the different ones, and not just hoard them because they are rare.