Not a bug just an issue

Yrthilian

Ok so this is not realy a bug but really anoying

When i am going to sac a creature it take arounf 9/10 second for the creature to be sacked and for the screen to reload.
So when i try sacking 4/5 it take me alomst a full minute to do so.
Normaly a second or 2 is fine but a whole 9 is getting a bit much.
I dont know how many other this might anoy but to me this makes waiting on the screen to load frustrating
i just wanted to note it here so it is known.

the point is i was sacing creatures.
My system is far from being slow :P
I am a system engineer trust me my systems are somewhat powerfull
I think the adding the chat saying yrth saced a bla bla bla has slowed down the process a lot
as it worked fairly ok 2/4 sec's to reload the page.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1326706804' post='100949']
the point is i was sacing creatures.
My system is far from being slow :P
I am a system engineer trust me my systems are somewhat powerfull
I think the adding the chat saying yrth saced a bla bla bla has slowed down the process a lot
as it worked fairly ok 2/4 sec's to reload the page.
[/quote]

Come now yrth, each creature sacked is just adding one record to the chat db, its been slow way before that feature...

its the flash objects! and lots of them. Just look at the sacrafice alter on a slow pc, the flash objects slowly appear one by one, and then the images then load one by one. It takes ages when you have 60 or so crits.

idk guys... to me it seems its either image caching (not likely but has some possibilities of being guilty) or ajax reload thingy being delayed to reload (still not sure about this either since reload doesnt happen by itself as fast as it used to) so if i wait for ajax reload yeah it takes a while... but if i reload manually it realoads whole page and it takes a while again... and on manual reload, images i think change link so cache check thinks it needs to load it from serv again

thats what i noticed, however idk why on nix i am gettin faster ajax reloads and manual reloads :s

edit: when i say images... ofc its images that are inside flash objects

Edited by Liberty4life

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1326710006' post='100954']

Come now yrth, each creature sacked is just adding one record to the chat db, its been slow way before that feature...

its the flash objects! and lots of them. Just look at the sacrafice alter on a slow pc, the flash objects slowly appear one by one, and then the images then load one by one. It takes ages when you have 60 or so crits.
[/quote]

I only mention it since i only noticed it happing since then
Not that i sac creatures that often :P

I am not yet at the stage of proggraming to know much of what is done in the backround just yet :P

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]it's 100% because of your long list of crits... try making an alt and sac 3 crits - look how long that will take. loading so many flash objects takes time...[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]it would be great if you could mark creatures in your global list with an option "NO! i would not EVER like to sac THESE ones", or something like that :)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]that would save you from 2 major disasters: sacing your precious accidentally and trying to sac 40 of something with intervals of 10 secs. [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]+ prepared list could lead to even more comfortable ways of sacrificing.[/font][/size]

i know it is because of the amount of creatures in my list.
That was why i mentioned this as there has got to be a better way of sacing creatures.
The tublar list that was suggest looks to be a good way of doing that.
If all one want to do is sac creatures then why bother loading all the images each time.
The process could be more streamlined for this.

Your suggestion of having creatures taged sounds good too
tagged with dont sac or something would avoid sacking creatures
you wish to keep and letting you run off and sac everything else.

• 2 years later...